JP_Grizzly

Chris Boucher 2019-2020 Outlook

24 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

He'll also be getting 10 steals, duh

He'll also be getting 10 mins once Ibaka is backa

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Rainsford said:

How will he get a triple double in blocks when you just acknowledged he won't be getting 10 rebounds?

hahah good point but the potential is there. I said he won't average 10 per game but he def can go crazy in a game

A lot can happen, he's gettin run with Gasol too and he's playing very very well...they win, he plays, and the rest will get sorted out...for now, enjoy...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Igno said:

We can revisit this post when Ibaka comes back. Nurse is a great coach, he'll find minutes for this stud of a player.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, beeray said:

larry sanders 3.0

nah sanders had no offense was just a plug that could rebound block and dunk. boucher can stroke the 3 and score much better. ibaka is out indefinitely, they said sprain was bad, that could easily be a 6 week timeline giving boucher huge opportunity. 

Any chance Ibaka gets dealt when he keeps performing like this?

6 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

The issue is when he is defending or trying to grab rebounds. He will just be out muscled.

Disagree. I mentioned before he plays like hes 50 pounds heavier. He got some big time boards on Harrell.. whos a beast in and of himself. 

53 minutes ago, KB24MVP said:

Any chance Ibaka gets dealt when he keeps performing like this?

I can't see the Raptors becoming sellers if they keep up their current form.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Igno said:

Nothing is set in stone in fantasy...guys outperform and steal spots on the rotation all the time. Not saying this is going to happen, but I’m positive he played well enough to earned a permanent spot on the rotation. Now it’s just a matter of figuring just how much of an impact/mins.

Will note, he did played alongside Marc today, who seems to be a shell of former self. Even when Ibaka is back he may still have these two things going for him. Went from a streaming goldmine to Possibly a 12 teamer end of bench guy now rest of the way. 

Kyle and Serge will be coming back. Boucher is a short term fantasy guy. Don't expect the next Siakim. Boucher is already 27.

8 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Kyle and Serge will be coming back. Boucher is a short term fantasy guy. Don't expect the next Siakim. Boucher is already 27.

Whiteside was like 25/26 when he had his first relevant season, dont see this as being a good point to mention as far as concerns over Boucher go, not saying Boucher wont flop once Ibaka is back, but would not surprise me in the least if Boucher becomes more than just a streamer in 12 team leagues

EDIT: and hes actually 26 FYI, turns 27 in January so fuels my point even more on the people concerned over age

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Maybe a a short term fantasy guy for now, but in the long run (in dynasty leagues especially), he is a diamond in the rough. Gasol and Ibaka are in their final year of their contract and Boucher may be the starter next season. 

Age is not really an issue here since there have been guys in the past who had their first relevant season late into their careers (most notable Whiteside). 

I grabbed Boucher the second Ibaka went down, and I am rooting hard for this guy. He is so fun to watch and does so many things on the court. Despite all that, Ibaka is a polished Veteran with play-off experience and a leader for their 2nd unit. His game brings also many things for the Raps. I know there have been cases like Whiteside in the past but what are the chances? Is this really where we are placing are hopes? Another Whiteside out of nowhere? Who btw, never got a chance as a rookie, then brought his talents out of the US, mature his mindset and game, then return for a second chance in a team who needed exactly what he brought. Raptors know what they have on Boucher pretty much. Spurs, Warriors and a few other organizations are all about their culture. They won't upset their rotations if not necessary. Warriors never played Bell more than 25 mins, no matter what. Boucher probably is earning minutes in the rotation long term, but he is not taking Ibaka's spot so easily. Raps have a conference contender team. Boucher still has a long way to go if he wants to replace Ibaka. Ofc nothing is set to stone and he might be the new Crish Bosh or the new Michael Jordan, but I am not betting on it. At least not yet. He has been amazing in his last 2 games! Let's hope he remains as amazing until Ibaka returns. We re-evaluate when the time comes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IDatDude said:

I’m positive he played well enough to earned a permanent spot on the rotation.

It's absolutely foolish to make any definitive statements about his minutes once Ibaka gets back, one way or the other. He's an asset right now and that's all that can be said with any certainty.

it's fantasy. You grab him, play him and when/if he loses minutes, you drop and move on to the next hot guy. Don't get attached to your players

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

Whiteside was like 25/26 when he had his first relevant season, dont see this as being a good point to mention as far as concerns over Boucher go, not saying Boucher wont flop once Ibaka is back, but would not surprise me in the least if Boucher becomes more than just a streamer in 12 team leagues

EDIT: and hes actually 26 FYI, turns 27 in January so fuels my point even more on the people concerned over age

Chill there buddy, Whiteside had the body and the raw skills to match

Sticking with him even though Ibaka and Holmes is on the WW. That's Fantasy Basketball. This guy is a beast per minute.. I can only hope Old man gasol get traded or get just 10-15 mins per game. If i am Nurse ill play Boucher 20-25 and see how its goes further down the road. Coz if he excels and remain consistent he'd be a great starter and finisher come playoff time for the raps. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Maybe a a short term fantasy guy for now, but in the long run (in dynasty leagues especially), he is a diamond in the rough. Gasol and Ibaka are in their final year of their contract and Boucher may be the starter next season. 

Age is not really an issue here since there have been guys in the past who had their first relevant season late into their careers (most notable Whiteside). 

How many forwards can you name who "broke out" at 27 and went on to have significant career? Odds are against your statement proving to be true.

Another point in the view of dynasty. Masai Ujiri isn't a tanker. He'll either be a major trade deadline player and/or a major free agency player. 

I love him and I picked him up before his breakout game against the Lakers, but I don't think he's the next Siakam.

He can be solid at least until Ibaka comes back, and given we haven't heard from him since his last injury, it might be a little while.

Enjoy the ride with top 50 value for the next 10 games or so, and we'll see from there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yung_fetty said:

Chill there buddy, Whiteside had the body and the raw skills to match

Judging by how Boucher is playing, seems he has the Raw skills as well, and MVP of G League at that

tbh i havent seen someone praise Whiteside since 2015 lol