Sign in to follow this  
sjm76

Down 2 points in PPR, trust Lockett or add another wr?

PPR

I'm down 2 points in a must-win game this week to make the playoffs in my PPR league with just Tyler Lockett left to go tonight.

At first glance, it would seem that I should have the win in the bag but I've been in similar situations before with injured players where the player re-aggravated their injury before even recording a single catch and it cost me the victory.  Should I start Lockett or play it safe and pick up another wr?  Dante Pettis and Deebo Samuel from SF are available on waivers.

Edited by sjm76

You're overthinking it. Trust Lockett. Help me out? 

All I pretty much need is 1 catch for 10 yards or a reverse for 20 yards.  That shouldn't be too much to ask but stranger things have happened in fantasy.  I pretty much just need him to not aggravate his injury and be out for the game before he records a catch.

Needing just 2 points to win, should you trust a stud WR1 who put up a 13/152/2 stat line last week, has scored +9 points every week of the season and isn’t on the injury report, or take a flier on a WR that’s outside of the ECR top 40? 

12 minutes ago, jwk1325 said:

Needing just 2 points to win, should you trust a stud WR1 who put up a 13/152/2 stat line last week, has scored +9 points every week of the season and isn’t on the injury report, or take a flier on a WR that’s outside of the ECR top 40? 

It looks obvious to trust Lockett but he all of a sudden appeared on the injury report Friday with his hip issue and could reaggravate it, be used as a decoy for most of the game or just be shut out like Cooper Kupp was yesterday by Pittsburgh.  San Francisco's defense is capable of doing that.  I'm probably being pessimistic for nothing but I've been on the losing end of some painfully close losses over the years because players left games with injuries before recording even a single catch that would have given me the win etc.