Sign in to follow this  
SolariNatividad

Team is struggling

I am currently trying to better my team as it is dead last in the standings (7 - 20).

I know not to panic but I would like to know your thoughts on how I could better my team (trades or WW).

Team in sig.

Notable players in WW:

Brandon Clarke, Kevin Huerter, Derrick White,Bruce Brown, JJ Redick, Enes Kanter

52 minutes ago, SolKing said:

Kanter needs to be rostered. Trade Ayton and Ball. Clarke and Heurter are good adds too.

already claimed Clarke on WW, dropping Powell.

Our league does not really do trades with injured players: they either extremely low-ball you or not trade at all.

Who to target for Ball or Ayton?

You're probably far behind because you've got Ayton and Ball with no IL.  I'd imagine you were also holding DLO, which would've cost you games.  Jimmy and Embiid took some days off, and Conley was REALLY bad early on.  Miles hasn't been as good as he probably should be.  Aside from the moves I'll suggest in a bit, I think it's more unfortunate circumstance rather than a weak team that you're losing quickly.  My advice to you now is to be patient.  We're only 3 weeks into the season; I get that you're panicked and emotions definitely play into fantasy.  However, acting rashly to fix an early/temporary problem is how novices (and sometimes even veterans) lose their entire seasons.  If you trade Ball/Ayton, you're selling for pennies on the dollar and won't get anywhere near value for them.  Sure, by waiting it out, you'll likely lose more games, but by trading Ayton, you'll severely handicap your team without your 2nd round pick.  Trust that your team can manage without him for now.

I ... would stay FAR away from Kanter.  Theis is playing extremely well, Time Lord looks excellent as well.  Even if Kanter's not impeded by injury, he'll not only face the other two in a nasty timeshare, but his historically poor defense will prevent him from gaining an edge on the other two, while his offense will be severely limited by the amount of firepower the Celts already have.

Clarke, the exact opposite, which you're seeing from most of the comments already.  He's hitting Top 50 value (ranked #44) right now in just 22 minutes a night.  I don't think I need to explain why he'll have value on a rebuilding Griz team that will develop its young core even more as the season progresses.  Powell's a good player, but I wouldn't miss him if I had Clarke instead.

I don't like Huerter but I'd be happy to make the swap with Fournier (who is equally boring, but probably worse at this point in his career).  Huerter's getting a huge boost with pretty much anyone not named Parker or Young being absolute garbage on the Hawks, and Collins out.

• Thanks 1

I really appreciate the insight. Yes, it has been pretty bad though I am not panicking. I know I draft and work the WW well.

But knowing that I draft well, I have the dilemma of being too patient. I want someone to break that (false) confidence and I am relying on these forums, :)