Taipan

Maxi Kleber 2019-2020 Outlook

11 minutes ago, kane said:

very low playing time

Is minutes a category in your league? Otherwise I cant see how anyone could complain with this line. He was in foul trouble, and I think Carlisle is still experimenting with lineups. Should be solid player (top 100 min) until if/when Dallas trades for a starting big.

• Like 1

Great line considering some early foul trouble. If he's gonna be a high impact guy in lowish minutes, that's fine by me. I'll admit I have barely seen Kleber play, but sometimes there are guys whose playstyle goes well with bursts of minutes where they can expend more of their energy, play a little more loose (hence some foul trouble here and there), and go all out. Javale Mcgee is an example of a player like that. And before you guys turn this into a OMFG HE COMPARED KLEBER TO MCGEE, no thats not what im saying at all. All I'm saying is that Kleber doesnt appear to need heavy minutes to produce. I think it only takes a couple plays a night for him to show his value. More minutes is always welcome, and if a trade does happen where Dallas gets a starting C I might look elsewhere, but for now I'll enjoy the production. Great end of bench big man, low risk high reward.

He looked involved tonight. His first 2 fouls came pretty quickly so I think that really messed with his minutes rotation. He should be a pretty nice pickup, especially in the short term. 

BroLo-lite. Margarine BroLo. Discount BroLo. Mini BroLo. Whatever your preference is, it's clear this guy profiles like Lopez , with possibly better fg% . Not bad for a WW pickup. Dont foresee WCS limiting his value the same way an Andre Drummond would, leaving me to be optimistic he can carry this momentum ROS

8 pts, 2 blocks, 2 3's. Great line. But 3 fouls again in the first half. Looks like he's caught the Jaren Jackson Jr bug.

• Like 1

smh. checks in at 5:41 in the 3rd.. commits 4th foul 3 seconds later and goes back to the bench lmao. Yup, he's got the JJJ bug.

Oh good, at least it was foul trouble that limited the minutes and not Carlisle going to a super small line up

What do people think? WCS will most definitely cap Klebers minutes, but he can still produce if he can get mid 20s minutes and you really can’t find his 3s/blks upside on the waiver wire.

want to hold but Larry nance also looking good on the wire...

13 minutes ago, Ml6392 said:

What do people think? WCS will most definitely cap Klebers minutes, but he can still produce if he can get mid 20s minutes and you really can’t find his 3s/blks upside on the waiver wire.

want to hold but Larry nance also looking good on the wire...

Lance is better and he seems getting minutes now

Feels like he maybe droppable,only avg low 20 mins since Powell out for season,just not enough minutes to produce

Mailed it in today, a ghastly effort against the relatively mediocre Phoenix today, and yeah in a 10-team league like mine, 6-5-2 on 3 of 8 shooting with no treys is not really cutting the mustard. Looks like the Tyre is deflated now.

Dropped him for nance. Carlisle doesn’t like porzingis/Kleber combo so that’s gonna hurt our boy.

10 hours ago, ovofnd said:

13 minutes. Yikes.

Rockets were playing small ball without Capela, maybe that was the reason?

28 minutes ago, Dusticle said:

Rockets were playing small ball without Capela, maybe that was the reason?

That was the reason.

• Thanks 1

Im getting such a hard on watching him play.

13 points, 4 rebounds, 4 blocks, 3 3ptm, 4/7 shooting.

Edited by j3rkthenurk
  • Haha 3