Sign in to follow this  
Lifschitz

I can’t believe my league thread

Since we have a vent & rant thread I thought the opposite would be nice as well.. this is to all those head scratching moves that either you or someone else in your league capitalized on.

In my second 12 man money league, the last place team just three weeks into the season dropped Jeremy Lamb..

I had the 6th waiver, the 5 waivers above me are all active playoff level teams, and are rostering/stashing guys like Thybulle.

I put in a claim and couldn’t believe when I got him just now..

unreal.

How do people drop a top 70 player at a thin position providing amazing across the board value just 3 weeks in? Not only that, how do multiple waivers above me not go for such a player?

I couldn’t help but fist pump 

• Like 1

Nice addition! People still undervalue Lamb, I guess! Also, they are scared of his ROS value due to the return of Oladipo. But still... Thybulle?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lifschitz said:

Since we have a vent & rant thread I thought the opposite would be nice as well.. this is to all those head scratching moves that either you or someone else in your league capitalized on.

In my second 12 man money league, the last place team just three weeks into the season dropped Jeremy Lamb..

I had the 6th waiver, the 5 waivers above me are all active playoff level teams, and are rostering/stashing guys like Thybulle.

unreal.

How do people drop a top 70 player at a thin position providing amazing across the board value just 3 weeks in? Not only that, how do multiple waivers above me not go for such a player?

If I had high WW priority and I was already a playoff team I might not bite at Lamb either. As for the guy who dumped him, well, he is last place so he's not exactly a genius at this game.

6 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

If I had high WW priority and I was already a playoff team I might not bite at Lamb either. As for the guy who dumped him, well, he is last place so he's not exactly a genius at this game.

No one is truly playoff team after 3 weeks (they have 'playoff level teams', that doesn't mean they are in the playoffs or will be). Standings change with one 7-2 or 8-1 loss and vice versa. You get the best talent you can, good luck replicating Lamb on the wire now or at the end of the season. He's an efficient Will Barton, that makes him truly an elite back-end asset for a roster. 

Also for the being last comment, again, it doesn't work like that. I'm 9th and I have one of the most stacked teams in the league, but if you have a few buy low guys or your opponents team played over their head well that can effect your positioning - I narrowly lost categories by 1-2 points but I was better than 90% of the league for that week, once the averages normalize over the course of a season then the great teams come up to the top. It's normal happenstance early in the season. The standings are fluid until about December, that's when you find out more or less who the good and bad teams are.

Edited by Lifschitz

1 hour ago, Lifschitz said:

unreal.

That seems ridiculous. As much as I love Thybulle.. Lamb >>>>>>>Thybulle. Good stuff getting Lamb.

Lamb has been injury prone and his usage will drop significantly when Turner and Vic return plus Warren, Brogdon and Sabonis have to eat too. He's dropped in my league also 

2 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

No one is truly playoff team after 3 weeks (they have 'playoff level teams', that doesn't mean they are in the playoffs or will be).

Speak for yourself. I can tell you today with close to 90% accuracy who the playoff teams will be in my 16 team competitive league. I'm one of them. I wouldn't pull the trigger on top priority for Lamb. If someone was stupid enough to cut Lamb then there's no telling what sorts of opportunities are on the horizon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

True story; not making s**** up.

Rubio for DeRozen - Declined

Rubio & Allen for Lowry - Declined

Rubio for Hayward - Declined

Rubio for Middleton - Declined

So glad Rotoworld is afraid of trades. I guess I'll keep my sexy bearded point guard lol.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

So glad Rotoworld is afraid of trades. I guess I'll keep my sexy bearded point guard lol.

Would you trade those guys for Rubio? I sure wouldn’t 

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

I mean... No. But that's not the point sir lol.

• Like 1

Traded Ben Simmons for Jimmy Butler, picked up Mike Conley (for Thybulle) from WW (I was 3rd prio) and currently picking up Brandon Clarke (for Powell) from WW.

Butler, Conley and Clarke were drafted by the same team manager.

I am still at last place though. :(

Edited by SolariNatividad

1 hour ago, Bugs bunny said:

Yeah Ravishing Ricky is killing it this season, would take him over all of those guys. 

1 hour ago, Bugs bunny said:

Only if I was desperate for assists and considering those guys are injured now. But still only really do it for Middleton. Derozan, Lowry and Hayward are too good.

In my noob 8man league, someone dropped Tatum by mistake lol. Top WW took him.

Also Collins was dropped the day of the suspension and no one has taken him since. I am hoping no one will and I can scoop him up a week or two before his return. I have too many injuries right now, will probably pick him up once my guys get a bit healthier. 

2 minutes ago, Abhi said:

In my noob 8man league, someone dropped Tatum by mistake lol. Top WW took him.

Commish should interfere if it was by accident. At least in my league, that should be the case.

• Like 5

Just now, SolariNatividad said:

Commish should interfere if it was by accident. At least in my league, that should be the case.

Yeah I am commish, I thought about stopping that. But its a league of all first timers for fun, so open market. A lot of weird stuff has happened haha

Plus the guy that got him was autodrafted and it actually made it more fair overall, so it worked itself out lol 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Abhi said:

Yeah I am commish, I thought about stopping that. But its a league of all first timers for fun, so open market. A lot of weird stuff has happened haha

Plus the guy that got him was autodrafted and it actually made it more fair overall, so it worked itself out lol 

The commissioner should reverse this accident no matter what. It does not matter if it brought balance to the competition. As a commissioner, you should have consistency in the reasoning behind your decisions. If you are a new player/ commissioner, it would be very helpful to ask for advise in these forums. There are a lot of experienced players to give you their point of view. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We should change this thread title to the "2019 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread"

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Igno said:

Nice addition! People still undervalue Lamb, I guess! Also, they are scared of his ROS value due to the return of Oladipo. But still... Thybulle?

The Thybulle truthers out there are real...the one in my league asked for Ja Morant or JJJ for Thybulle...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

My ja Morant for his Rubio gets accepted.  Rubio goes off for 21-11 against the nets, guy goes on a rampage and campaigns for the trade to get vetoed, which it does

I hate assholes like this

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

My ja Morant for his Rubio gets accepted.  Rubio goes off for 21-11 against the nets, guy goes on a rampage and campaigns for the trade to get vetoed, which it does

I hate assholes like this

I bet that guy pours the milk first

• Haha 9

4 hours ago, kwelch said:

We should change this thread title to the "2019 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread"

cool story bro relates much more to my player put up this line in my league imo, this is more to have a chuckle at some of the boneheaded things that take place in our leagues.