Sign in to follow this  
KennyWoo

Colin Kaepernick 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

Elway offered Kaep a backup deal in 2016 and Kaep refused because the money was too low. Elway was then on record saying that he was no longer interested in Kaep in 2018, and that Kaep "had his chance" to accept the offer back then. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24393172/john-elway-colin-kaepernick-had-chance-denver-broncos-passed

This is a well-documented lie. No team has offered Kaep a job since 2016. 

Edited by ajs723
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

The last year he started, he went 1-10, with a QBR of 49.5.  Unless the definition of "merit" has changed in the last two days, I strongly disagree.

The Niners had the 32nd ranked defense, the 29th ranked offensive line, and the team was 4th in the league in dropped passes. 

Kaep threw 16 TDs to 4 picks on what was essentially a worse version of this year's Dolphins. But yeah, he was the problem...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

The last year he started, he went 1-10, with a QBR of 49.5.  Unless the definition of "merit" has changed in the last two days, I strongly disagree.

if you objectively think a 32yr old healthy, injury free, former starting Super Bowl QB can't play the game at the minimum of a backup role then I think you need to stop watching NFL football 😂

21 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Depends what they offered him. It doesn’t say in the article but if it was a trash offer I don’t know why he’d take it 

It was a lowball offer at the time.  Remember that this was pre-anthem Kaep.  And Elway wanted SF to pay for a portion of his guaranteed salary, and they were also haggling over the draft pick compensation, so there were multiple reasons a deal never got done.  IIRC the offer was for $4.9M out of $11M or $12M guaranteed (which Elway wanted SF to pay the rest, Kaep to agree to a restructure, and/or both).  SF and Kaep both baalked at the compensation, and Elway moved up to draft Paxton Lynch in the first round of the 2016 draft while Kaep went full activist, and the rest is history!  

Edited by kraftwrk_5
  • Like 2

That 49ers team he played for was awful. The entire team either abruptly retired, traded,  was cut or just sucked. That was a residual tank job with management's effort to sabotage Harbaugh.  I cant remember who his wrs were but they probably aren't in the league anymore.

2 minutes ago, GarrettHasTheClap said:

That 49ers team he played for was awful. The entire team either abruptly retired, traded,  was cut or just sucked. That was a residual tank job with management's effort to sabotage Harbaugh.  I cant remember who his wrs were but they probably aren't in the league anymore.

Jeremy Kerley and Quinton Patton were his top two WRs. I'll say it again. Jeremy Kerley and Quinton Patton were his top two WRs. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Yeah, to say Kaep isn't worth a roster spot, even as a backup QB, is disingenuous at best.  There have been some real trash QBs rolled out there the last few years.

• Like 1

The Pats will sign him, turn him into a gunner on special teams who also throws flea flickers to himself on fakes which they will run every time from now on and scores 6 TDs a game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Yeah, to say Kaep isn't worth a roster spot, even as a backup QB, is disingenuous at best.  There have been some real trash QBs rolled out there the last few years.

Brian Hoyer anyone? 😏

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Brian Hoyer anyone? 😏

Brian Hoyer is probably one of the better NFL backup QBs. That's how bad the landscape is at the position. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Brian Hoyer is probably one of the better NFL backup QBs. That's how bad the landscape is at the position. 

This is sort of like the Carmelo Anthony good enough to be in the NBA... but an coach/owner just doesn't want to bother with him, I feel like its sort of the same with Kaep obviously he was tackling a bunch of social issues etc and Carmelo is not but in the sense that they're both good enough to be rostered but teams just don't want to bother.

Edited by CroNY
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, CroNY said:

This is sort of like the Carmelo Anthony good enough to be in the NBA... but an coach/owner just doesn't want to bother with him, I feel like its sort of the same with Kaep obviously he was tackling a bunch of social issues etc and Carmelo is not but in the sense that they're both good enough to be rostered but teams just don't want to bother.

There are quite a number of teams that should have been bothered and as a result have gone nowhere and I do mean nowhere.  

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

if you objectively think a 32yr old healthy, injury free, former starting Super Bowl QB can't play the game at the minimum of a backup role then I think you need to stop watching NFL football 😂

I never said anything along the lines of him not being a capable backup.  I responded to the poster, who claimed Kaepernick is still a top 20 QB.  And the former starting super bowl QB, is a garbage point, anyway.  Trent Dilfer, Neil O'Donnell, and Rex Grossman, say hello,

He has about the same career passer rating, TD%, and a lower INT rate than Nick Foles, who the Jaguars gave 88 million dollars to.

I get that he hasn't played football in three years, and in that time the skills may have erroded.

If they haven't, let's be honest, it's asinine that we're witnessing football games quarterbacked by Brian Hoyer, Ryan Finley, Mason Rudolph, etc.  Regardless of how you feel about his personal politics, he's better than those guys.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

I never said anything along the lines of him not being a capable backup.  I responded to the poster, who claimed Kaepernick is still a top 20 QB.  And the former starting super bowl QB, is a garbage point, anyway.  Trent Dilfer, Neil O'Donnell, and Rex Grossman, say hello,

Let's go then. Where would you rank him? 

Just a reminder of his numbers. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaepCo00.htm

He's not currently better than:

Darnold? 

Trubisky? 

Fitzpatrick/Rosen? 

Finley/Dalton? 

Mayfield? 

Rudolph? 

Tannehill? 

Brandon Allen? 

Dwayne Haskins/Case Keenum? 

Kyle Allen? 

Daniel Jones? 

Josh Allen? 

Jameis Winston? 

32 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

Comparing those super bowl QBs to what Kaepernick did on his run to the SB is comparing apples to oranges..

Anyways, I think it's incredibly obvious if this were a purely skill based discussion he would've been rostered on an NFL team this entire time. Ultimately I don't know that there really has been a dramatic change in the general opinion of his actions across the NFL, I still don't think any team is going to sign him at this point... Regardless of it being a trivial decision

Edited by MoonBlaster

6 minutes ago, MoonBlaster said:

Comparing those super bowl QBs to what Kaepernick did on his run to the SB is comparing apples to oranges..

I don't think Trent, Rexie and Neil could have rushed for 181 yards combined in a flag football game, much less in the divisional round against the Packers in 2012.

27 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Let's go then. Where would you rank him? 

Just a reminder of his numbers. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaepCo00.htm

He's not currently better than:

Darnold? 

Trubisky? 

Fitzpatrick/Rosen? 

Finley/Dalton? 

Mayfield? 

Rudolph? 

Tannehill? 

Brandon Allen? 

Dwayne Haskins/Case Keenum? 

Kyle Allen? 

Daniel Jones? 

Josh Allen? 

Jameis Winston? 

Miami is tanking 

Washington is a disaster

Bengals tanking and clueless

to name Rudolph, Jones, Mayfield, Darnold is rather ridiculous though, those teams have all spent high draft equity in the past two years on them I wouldn't want Kaep if I was a fan of any of those teams... He deserves to be a backup and if Brissett or someone of that nature was out for the season or something it would make sense... You rattled off a bunch of young QB's who are allowed to struggle most don't tear up the league like Mahomes, no I cant say he's better than Darnold or Jones...this list is way too big dude I'm on board he should be in the league but not with this.

Edited by CroNY

53 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

are any of those guys you named 32yrs old today?🤣

2 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

A trash offer that is your only offer is one you should take, unless you don't want to work.

Not necessarily.

How was he suppose to know he would get blacklisted for a non issue?

Edited by bhawks489
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CroNY said:

Miami is tanking 

Washington is a disaster

Bengals tanking and clueless

to name Rudolph, Jones, Mayfield, Darnold is rather ridiculous though, those teams have all spent high draft equity in the past two years on them I wouldn't want Kaep if I was a fan of any of those teams... He deserves to be a backup and if Brissett or someone of that nature was out for the season or something it would make sense... You rattled off a bunch of young QB's who are allowed to struggle most don't tear up the league like Mahomes, no I cant say he's better than Darnold or Jones...this list is way too big dude I'm on board he should be in the league but not with this.

You're misunderstanding the framing of this conversation. I'm not talking about teams. I'm talking about players. In a vacuum. At this moment, Kaep is one of the twenty best QBs on the planet. Full stop. 

I'm not saying the Dolphins or Browns should sign him. Just that he's better than what they have. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Steelers could use him for the rest of the season. 

I been saying this man the defense is elite. Get this dude and let’s go

Just now, ajs723 said:

You're misunderstanding the framing of this conversation. I'm not talking about teams. I'm talking about players. In a vacuum. At this moment, Kaep is one of the twenty best QBs on the planet. Full stop. 

I'm not saying the Dolphins or Browns should sign him. Just that he's better than what they have. 

Got it, regardless I disagree he's not one of the best twenty QB's in the league. That being said he is definitely better than most backups and some starters.