grassoli

Biggest Draft Busts: 2019-2020 Edition

1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

10 games is more than enough sample size to see Mitchell Robinson ( lol ) is a bum.

Hes gonna be a bum for a while but give him time. I don't get why the Knicks don't just put that trash julius Randle as bench captain and play Mitchell next to portis or a floor spacing pf. Randle is bottom barrel garbage juice and doesn't fit in the modern nba. But it's the Knicks for ya... it will be another 20 years before they understand floor spacing. 

Edited by johnval1362

29 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

imagine owning Conley, Morant, Jokic, and Ayton....all majorly underperforming

how is Ayton underperforming? 

he has been suspended ! 

14 minutes ago, Riedle9 said:

how is Ayton underperforming? 

he has been suspended ! 

losing your second round pick for half the fantasy season over something he did to himself is grounds for being considered a bust

11 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

losing your second round pick for half the fantasy season over something he did to himself is grounds for being considered a bust

only 1 n a half month, it’s ok 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vyun said:

The reason is because Mitchell is not a good basketball player. He's a physical freak who can get amazing stats, particularly blocks, when given enough minutes/doesn't foul like a dumbass. But he does not know what he is doing out on the court. He jumps at every ball fake to try and get a block. He is a terrible defender, which may shock those of you who don't watch any real games and only look at the stat sheet. I agree that the Knicks should just throw him out there and let him learn to become better - they're not winning games anyway right now. But the coach and GM still want to look as competent as possible after losing out on both Kyrie and Durant to the Nets and claiming that that was their plan all alone, and putting Mitchell out on the court does not help with that at this time.

It's hard to get better without the playing time. He may not have top notch defensive IQ at the moment, but under a good coaching staff (not Fizdale) and ample opportunity (more than 17 minutes per game) I think he will succeed. Like you said, he's an athletic freak. He's only 21, the foul control and defense will all come together soon. I think he needs someone to develop good chemistry with. Hopefully that's RJ. Guess time will tell

Mitch Rob - This guy was ranked in the 3rd round of yahoo. Still hasn't improved and aside from blocks, what does he offer

JJJ - Last 2 games were great and showed signs of life, praying he gets better and sustains it

Derrick White - All the talk of a great summer with Team USA didn't translate into this season

Jrue Holiday - Early to say but doesn't seem to be an MVP candidate based on the early blurbs and how high he was in the draft

Otto Porter - He's been injured and seriously doesn't provide value for his ADP

Marc Gasol - He's gotten minutes in the past few games but doesn't produce anymore. First couple of games were really bad!

I don’t know if Delon Wright counts since he was a later round guy, but I expected a lot better than he has been.

He finished last year with a few triple doubles.

Edited by Abhi

23 hours ago, JStyles said:

How would it be Eric Gordon lmao, he wasn't in drafted in a lot of leagues.

If you include guys who just haven't played - Curry, Ayton, Collins and Zion would be up there.

In terms of just general ****fulness - Conley, Gobert, Draymond, Markannen, LMA, Otto Porter, Satoransky, Rozier, Favours, D White, either of the Nets and Lakers two Centres, both Bridges, Mitch Robinson and Aaron Gordon would all be major contenders.

21 hours ago, Sfektz said:

Gobert ******** trash

gobert? Gobert?? What is wrong with you HUH??

4 hours ago, brickcitymamba said:

Also, I could imagine anyone who grabbed Gallo or Adams being disappointed.

Gallo? he's been putting up the same numbers as last year lol as well as early round value. 

One dude that's been majorly disappointing is Covington, his stocks have been disappointing, honestly everything has been a massive disappointment lol. Still believe he'll bounce back though

6 hours ago, brickcitymamba said:

Galo is ranked #26 overall so far in 9 cat, what were u expecting lol

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Galo is ranked #26 overall so far in 9 cat, what were u expecting lol

Yeah, I guess I dished this one out way too casually. My bad.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, kendanc said:

It's hard to get better without the playing time. He may not have top notch defensive IQ at the moment, but under a good coaching staff (not Fizdale) and ample opportunity (more than 17 minutes per game) I think he will succeed. Like you said, he's an athletic freak. He's only 21, the foul control and defense will all come together soon. I think he needs someone to develop good chemistry with. Hopefully that's RJ. Guess time will tell

If there's one organization we can trust to draft and develop young talent with good coaching, it's the New York Knicks.

They've just been a paragon of excellence when it comes to running a basketball organization for several decades now. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Royloi said:

Dray

by far

all of the other guys metioned here are either injured/suspended (curry, ayton, zion etc.) and would be producing if healthy or have potential/upside to get better due to various reasons (conley, fox, markannen etc.).

Green is just plain and simpy trash. candidate for missing games here and there aka load management, when he suits up it's like.. ugh.. and on top of that he is a shutdown candidate.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 3:38 AM, brickcitymamba said:

Yeah, I guess I dished this one out way too casually. My bad.

LOL it's a habit when it comes to Gallo, dw

On 11/13/2019 at 6:21 PM, brickcitymamba said:

Gallo is currently sitting 29th in Yahoo 9 cat for total and 43rd on average.  I'm thrilled.  He was projected back end top 60.  He'll get hurt at some point but he's over producing his draft round easily.  

Curry is biggest Fantasy bball bust. Took him first and all of us who have him are handicapped for the next 3-4months. Cant even sell and trade him; Dejounte Murray owner rejected my straight up offer 😂

Edited by boytoy