Sign in to follow this  
Spyplane

Cameron Johnson 2019-2020 Outlook

First off, if you're in a smaller league you should just turn back now. You don't want any part of this s---.

Cam is the same age as Mikal Bridges, taken around the same place in the draft; only a year later. Long range sniper, 46% college three point shooter. He's beginning to look like he may be the more effective wing in the Suns system. Bridges has been a significant let down compared to last year. I mean the Suns moved on from Josh Jackson and instead of securing those minutes he's let a rookie swoop in an challenge him. In the last week Cam is top 100 in nine cat leagues. He kicks in three, efficiency and a little across everything else. He's been more efficient than Bridges. There is a shot he makes the regular rotation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, dfstout said:

Points league ready in 1-2 games too? His name keeps poppin up... I'm getting intrigued...

Don't play points but 12 man.. maybe? if you got some deadweight. 14 definitely a scoop 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, dfstout said:

Points league ready in 1-2 games too? His name keeps poppin up... I'm getting intrigued...

Don't know. His value is partially in efficiency and usually efficiency isn't a big part of points, so...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, a-rob said:

is he beter than mikal bridges?

Right now he looks like it. He's definitely a better shooter. 

2 more games coming up this week too, if you are in need of 3s.

The 20mins are also encouraging 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IT2 said:

2 more games coming up this week too, if you are in need of 3s.

The 20mins are also encouraging 

no more games this week

A lot of 3s streamers this week.

Suns got a sick schedule, and there seem to be upside here so taking a flier over more safe 3s guys. With any talented lotto pick, there’s always a chance to earn more opportunity on the rotation, 5 game audition for more playtime this wk. 

Got him for the 5 game run. Never thought he might have a chance to stick on my roster after that.

On the other hand, Mikel Bridges had his first great game of this season in a timeshare with Cameron. A situation worthy of monitoring...

Starting in place of Oubre tonight.

Whether it's a permanent move or temporary we'll see, but the Suns have needed some scoring off the bench and it looks like they're gonna try Oubre off the bench tonight.

Anything to see here?

3 hours ago, Espoiral said:

Starting in place of Oubre tonight.

Whether it's a permanent move or temporary we'll see, but the Suns have needed some scoring off the bench and it looks like they're gonna try Oubre off the bench tonight.

Anything to see here?

Oubre has been such a bright spot for the Sun's this season so yup fk it lets bench him 

Suns gonna Suns

Soooooo

Lights

Cameron

Action?

I like him over Saric but dont know if I trust him yet either...hmmmmmmmmm

Why cant they all be like Shake!?

• Like 1

Eh, it's the Suns.  No idea what they're gonna do.

However, with Oubre potentially done, it's possible the Suns actually do the smart thing and develop him over Saric. I mean, he's tall enough at 6'8 to play SF/PF in small lineups, and it's not like Saric's a worldbeater or anything.

Would probably bite after this game if he plays well.  The kid is shooting well and stealing the ball enough without turning over the ball.  Just sorta worried that, if his minutes increase, his efficiency would drop.  Would imagine that Mikal slots more into Oubre's minutes too, than Cam does.  Hoping that Cam can get about 28 mpg off the bench to back up the G/F positions ...