jfazz23

2020 MLB Sign Stealing Discussion

16 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

Permissible? You can say whatever you want. I'm conveying an opinion about someone else opinion. It's like listening to a rich person who's house got robbed and they start demanding retributions that have zero precedent.

We didn't strip roid users of awards. So, why here?  When the benefits are even less provable? His numbers improved both at home and road from 2017-2018. The best # you can tangably point too is Betts 4% difference in BB rate between road and home in 2018. When he did not have such a split in 2019.

Even that is still not objective proof due the random nature of baseball numbers. He inferenced that is was a major boost though and used 2017 has his baseline(his down year) Painting that narrative to it's extreme. If he had suggested a small boost. I wouldn't bother saying anything because that isn't really dis-agreeable.

Why not respond with this opinion initially instead of labeling a swath of fans as “obnoxious” for disagreeing?

58 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Why not respond with this opinion initially instead of labeling a swath of fans as “obnoxious” for disagreeing?

No way not going to happen not in my lifetime will MLB strip take away Betts MVP award ... 

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

No way not going to happen not in my lifetime will MLB strip take away Betts MVP award ... 

Spoken like a true Yankee fan!

(Full disclaimer - I believe he deserves it.)

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Does it get any more METS than Beltran being a manager for 0 games?

Belichick coached exactly zero games for the Jets before going on to a Hall of Fame career.

A little cheating now and then didn't hurt him much along the way.

• Haha 1

More on Beltran:

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic confirms that Carlos Beltran is stepping down as Mets manager.

Beltran is the third manager to lose his job in the wake of MLB's investigation into the Astros' sign-stealing scandal, and he goes out having never managed a game in Queens. The former outfielder is facing no formal discipline from Major League Baseball, but the story obviously became a big distraction for the Mets as they prepare for the 2020 season. Hensley Meulens, who was hired as bench coach in late November, could make sense as an internal candidate to fill the sudden opening. Luis Rojas is another internal option. Eduardo Perez finished runner-up to Beltran for the Mets' managerial gig and could be looked at again.

Source: Ken Rosenthal on Twitter   Jan 16, 2020, 1:09 PM ET

It's a shame, because she's great on ESPN's game coverage, even if you don't apply the "anyone sounds better on a broadcast team that includes A-Rod" curve.  But simultaneously pretending you can be both an advisor to an MLB team and a commentator on issues directly affecting that team without creating a massive conflict of interest isn't fooling anyone.

8 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

I didn't agree with revoking their trophy before but this is true just nuke it from orbit. The whole season was trashed.

• Like 2

Well, not sure if the Orioles franchise existed in the third century C. E.

Edited by BMcP

27 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

20 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

It's a shame, because she's great on ESPN's game coverage, even if you don't apply the "anyone sounds better on a broadcast team that includes A-Rod" curve.  But simultaneously pretending you can be both an advisor to an MLB team and a commentator on issues directly affecting that team without creating a massive conflict of interest isn't fooling anyone.

LOL!  Welcome to this coming season's Sunday Night Baseball featuring Mr 'Stroids and Ms I Hate Whistle Blowers.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

LOL!  Welcome to this coming season's Sunday Night Baseball featuring Mr 'Stroids and Ms I Hate Whistle Blowers.

What’s wrong with people who expose cheaters?

2 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I wish Mr. Ortiz well in his continuing efforts to figure out who doctored his beverages.  I believe  he owes the media an update at this point.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sngehl01 said:

Man, dark days to be an Astros fan. 

image.png.742a7f4c22156093245347bc987dcd83.png
image.png.19c792b808a5660a4d16c20efb73d86e.png

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I wish Mr. Ortiz well in his continuing efforts to figure out who doctored his beverages.  I believe  he owes the media an update at this point.

Man, you pots love calling the kettle black..

1 minute ago, MSkibisky said:

That seems unnecessarily antagonistic - what’s wrong with what I wrote?

10 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Don’t get me wrong - I’m glad you’re at least admitting the Sox cheated.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BMcP said:

What’s wrong with people who expose cheaters?

Nothing by me.  It is Jessica Mendoza who hates Mike Fiers for exposing the Houston thing.  That's the whole point of my comment.  Read the article.