jfazz23

2020 MLB Sign Stealing Discussion

Is Manfred Man going to survive this?  

3 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

LOL

i honestly like Bauer 

There's more gold recently on his twitter too. He's even selling a t-shirt on his website now called buzzers and bandaids.

Todays news has shook the baseball world.

I personally look at all the evidence present, and think to myself.. Altuve is guilty.. and i am sure he is not the only one, however, because it was him who hit the HR v Chapman, we are provided with more evidence. (visible evidence)

So, Altuve hit the HR.. 
- trotted around the bases very calmly.. as if he was expecting it..
- made it known to his team mates not to rip off his shirt... some ask; wouldnt his team know not to rip it off? well, no.. not every player was involved with the antics.
- while his team is celebrating.. jumping around on the mound.. Altuve slips out of the scrum.. with championship tee in hand.. makes his way to the dug out.. then down the tunnel..
- re-enters the field with no jersey.. just championship shirt..
- Rosenthal interviews him.. asks Altuve ''why did you not want your team to rip off your shirt?'' to which Altuve responds.. he is shy and his wife gets mad when he doesnt have a shirt on in public.. caps it off with a very anxious nervous laugh.. makes you wonder if Rosenthal knew something about it? or had a suspicion..
- looks to his social media and witnesses a handful of photos posing without his shirt on.. hmmmm.. i guess he isnt that shy..

Not only is this all so odd and weird..

but.. Gary Sheffield Jr. has now come out with the belief that this 'QT' girl who is making news nationally with her tweets that it isnt Beltrans niece (which has been confirmed by Beltrans family).. but Sheffield believes it is another player who is in the loop and is dishing the news while keeping his identity..

Man, just thinking about all this **** Verlander has said over the years about fair play.. and have it going on within his own club house.. makes him look like an idiot..

More needs to be done.

Players need life time bans.

Championships need to be stripped.

Its like Clevinger just recently tweeted.. this is worse than taking steroids. 

I have a feeling this is only the beginning.. things are going to get much worse..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jonninho said:

Todays news has shook the baseball world.

I personally look at all the evidence present, and think to myself.. Altuve is guilty.. and i am sure he is not the only one, however, because it was him who hit the HR v Chapman, we are provided with more evidence. (visible evidence)

So, Altuve hit the HR.. 
- trotted around the bases very calmly.. as if he was expecting it..
- made it known to his team mates not to rip off his shirt... some ask; wouldnt his team know not to rip it off? well, no.. not every player was involved with the antics.
- while his team is celebrating.. jumping around on the mound.. Altuve slips out of the scrum.. with championship tee in hand.. makes his way to the dug out.. then down the tunnel..
- re-enters the field with no jersey.. just championship shirt..
- Rosenthal interviews him.. asks Altuve ''why did you not want your team to rip off your shirt?'' to which Altuve responds.. he is shy and his wife gets mad when he doesnt have a shirt on in public.. caps it off with a very anxious nervous laugh.. makes you wonder if Rosenthal knew something about it? or had a suspicion..
- looks to his social media and witnesses a handful of photos posing without his shirt on.. hmmmm.. i guess he isnt that shy..

Not only is this all so odd and weird..

but.. Gary Sheffield Jr. has now come out with the belief that this 'QT' girl who is making news nationally with her tweets that it isnt Beltrans niece (which has been confirmed by Beltrans family).. but Sheffield believes it is another player who is in the loop and is dishing the news while keeping his identity..

Man, just thinking about all this **** Verlander has said over the years about fair play.. and have it going on within his own club house.. makes him look like an idiot..

More needs to be done.

Players need life time bans.

Championships need to be stripped.

Its like Clevinger just recently tweeted.. this is worse than taking steroids. 

I have a feeling this is only the beginning.. things are going to get much worse..

Wow, chill some.  You'll live longer. 

I guess we best not tell you about Bobby Thompson's homer heard round the world and the 1951 Giants signal stealing escapes.  Of course it took around 50 years for the truth to come out about that one.  And don't get me started on running an electric wire under the playing field to buzz in pitches by those notorious 1898 Phillies. 

This stuff has been going on forever.  Maybe it isn't right but it has always been there.  And they aren't gonna strip the 1951 NL pennant away from the Giants any time soon.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

what is this referring to?  Altuve?

14 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Wow, chill some.  You'll live longer. 

I guess we best not tell you about Bobby Thompson's homer heard round the world and the 1951 Giants signal stealing escapes.  Of course it took around 50 years for the truth to come out about that one.  And don't get me started on running an electric wire under the playing field to buzz in pitches by those notorious 1898 Phillies. 

This stuff has been going on forever.  Maybe it isn't right but it has always been there.  And they aren't gonna strip the 1951 NL pennant away from the Giants any time soon.

I am perfectly chill. I also plan to live very long. Thanks.

Anyways, this is the first time in my life time that i have witnessed such acts. Youre right, they are wrong and this kind of cheating although has always been a part of the game (i am aware of both instances you mentioned, altho the 1898 case is not confirmed) has no part in baseball when including electronics.

Truth be told, just the events and how they have all unfolded, along with the visual evidence, it gives me chills. It is like watching a movie.

We live in different times, my friend. While i agree that the 51 pennant will not be stripped, we as the people have so much more of a voice and in so many different ways than they did back then, if we truly wanted it stripped, we could do it with all the potential pressure we would place on major league baseball.

At the very least, players who were active such as Altuve certainly require a suspension. I dont view this as any different than being caught taking steroids (atleast on roids you still gotta determine the pitch and hit it) where as with the buzzer you know whats coming... and it isnt any diff than betting on games (Pete Rose).. something needs to be done.

11 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

It's not directly mentioned, but it has to be. Bellinger doesn't tweet that often.

Also, did you all see what Beltran's "niece" said about Gleyber Torres? Seems like a lot of information... where there's smoak, there tends to be fiers. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

for sure.. and apparently Bregman, although no visual evidence is out there.. yet.

1 minute ago, Rabbit Maranville said:

It's not directly mentioned, but it has to be. Bellinger doesn't tweet that often.

Also, did you all see what Beltran's "niece" said about Gleyber Torres? Seems like a lot of information... where there's smoak, there tends to be fiers. 

if there is actually evidence i think gleyber should get a year too.  but it seems only evidence is Altuve right now.  im not trusting this "niece" just yet tho

4 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

if there is actually evidence i think gleyber should get a year too.  but it seems only evidence is Altuve right now.  im not trusting this "niece" just yet tho

Totally agree. The MLB probably wants nothing more than to sweep this under the rug, but I feel like more investigations are needed into these allegations. I would need to see more evidence about Altuve, too. Get the "nieces" talking. 

Edited by Rabbit Maranville

5 minutes ago, Rabbit Maranville said:

Totally agree. The MLB probably wants nothing more than to sweep this under the rug, but I feel like more investigations are needed into these allegations. I would need to see more evidence about Altuve, too. Get the "nieces" talking. 

I think Pandoras Box is now open. No sweepy.

• Like 1

The best way to prevent this is for the pitcher and catcher to pass handwritten notes to each other between pitches. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

The best way to prevent this is for the pitcher and catcher to pass handwritten notes to each other between pitches. 

Sounds like a good task for the ball boy...................

3 minutes ago, billofwa said:

Sounds like a good task for the ball boy...................

This made me think of the Seinfeld where Kramer was a ball boy at Wimbledon 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just give the P/C and manager ear pieces (just not air pods cause they look idiotic). Think the “it ruins the integrity of the game” argument flew out the window maybe a decade or two ago lol

• Like 2

I wonder if MLB knew of how extensive things were and knew many others were as well, felt forced to investigate and punish Astros due to what was reported but purposely didn't punish players did it didn't turn into everyone pointing fingers at each other for all the dirty deeds ongoing.

3 minutes ago, tucker26 said:

Just give the P/C and manager ear pieces (just not air pods cause they look idiotic). Think the “it ruins the integrity of the game” argument flew out the window maybe a decade or two ago lol

ya im fine with this.  catcher, pitcher and 1 headset in the dugout

Wow, that is really damning video evidence against Altuve. MLB may be forced to dole out individual player punishments with stuff like this coming out. What a depressing mess.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

I wonder if MLB knew of how extensive things were and knew many others were as well, felt forced to investigate and punish Astros due to what was reported but purposely didn't punish players did it didn't turn into everyone pointing fingers at each other for all the dirty deeds ongoing.

At the beginning of investigation they stated if the players cooperated with investigation and were truthful that they wouldn’t face suspension.  Seems like MLB aimed higher up from the get go and likely used player cooperation to assist in nailing the team(s). 

• Like 3