jfazz23

2020 MLB Sign Stealing Discussion

Posted (edited)

So I am wondering did you two listen to the whole thing?  @Members_Only_76 & @Mikewastaken 

what you think of CC ? You have any idea who the other guy is. ? 
Sonny has some swag ... 

Edited by shakestreet

23 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

So I am wondering did you two listen to the whole thing?  @Members_Only_76 & @Mikewastaken 

Sonny has some swag ... 

I watched from the 27 min mark to when they switched to the playoff expansion topic.

what other guy, the guy doing the interview? Not sure.

10 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I watched from the 27 min mark to when they switched to the playoff expansion topic.

Ruocco has been in Yankees PR for years and actually stepped in to do play by play last year when Michael Kay was out following throat surgery. He also does play by play for the Nets. I imagine he'll take over for either John Sterling or Michael Kay, whoever leaves first.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Sonny has some swag ... 

IDK, he just used the word 'Wild' like 50 times...His demeanor was youthful if that means swagitastic then cool. Overall, they made great points and it was great to hear from the Astro's peers, calling them 'cocky' in their faux apologies. Makes you wonder what the whole operation was on a game to game basis. I'd like to see a movie centered around the general person who was to coordinate all the stuff. Think it would be like Chloe from 24..."Jack it's a curveball, layoff!"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Members_Only_76 said:

No listen to the whole thing..

44 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

No listen to the whole thing..

I just did. Learned that Sonny skipped class in high school to get highlights in his hair and sung in a musical. And he was QB for state champ football team. 

• Haha 1

On 3/2/2020 at 6:35 PM, BMcP said:

It’s going to be a looong year for those kids

Most of the pundits are missing this i think.  It's one thing to be booed because you are good, or because you are a rival team.  That's almost a compliment.

It's another to be showered with well founded contempt and disrespect by fans, players and press for something you did wrong.  That is going to really bother a lot of people.

Like, if you are a writer and people don't like your opinion and call you names on social media, ok, whatever.  If you get caught plagiarizing or fabricating stories and everywhere you turn people are raking you over the coals about it, it's going to be hard to get a decent night's sleep unless you are some kind of psycho.

Probably won't have any Astros this year.  We don't know how each one will react.  I guess Osuna is a safe bet cuz... well, the guy has already proven that he has the "right" mindset.  Maybe a guy like Tucker who wasn't really involved.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, GamblorLA said:

Most of the pundits are missing this i think.  It's one thing to be booed because you are good, or because you are a rival team.  That's almost a compliment.

It's another to be showered with well founded contempt and disrespect by fans, players and press for something you did wrong.  That is going to really bother a lot of people.

Like, if you are a writer and people don't like your opinion and call you names on social media, ok, whatever.  If you get caught plagiarizing or fabricating stories and everywhere you turn people are raking you over the coals about it, it's going to be hard to get a decent night's sleep unless you are some kind of psycho.

Probably won't have any Astros this year.  We don't know how each one will react.  I guess Osuna is a safe bet cuz... well, the guy has already proven that he has the "right" mindset.  Maybe a guy like Tucker who wasn't really involved.  

Sounds like a ploy to get Bregman in the 3rd round. haha

Remember when this was a big deal?

Btw I was passing on Astros hitters everywhere I could in my draft. Idk, seemed like a risky investment. I probably would have taken Bregman if he slipped to me in round 2, however. But the other hitters? I’ll let someone else take them.

12 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Remember when this was a big deal?

Btw I was passing on Astros hitters everywhere I could in my draft. Idk, seemed like a risky investment. I probably would have taken Bregman if he slipped to me in round 2, however. But the other hitters? I’ll let someone else take them.

There were bangs on 18% of pitches.

Altuve only had 24 bangs all year.

That's 1 bang a week.

Yuli imo, will be the only Astro really effected.

To pass on altuve, bregman, Springer, yordan, a mistake imo.