Draft Prediction: 4th Round

2018 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:

Bo Scarbrough, RB, Alabama

Height: 6’1 Weight: 232
40 time: 4.52
Projected Round: 4
Compares to: Derrick Henry :wacko: 
Potential Landing Spots: IND, SEA, BAL
Analysis: There is no way around the Derrick Henry comparison. Henry is a bit better, but Scarbrough has all the ability in the world to run you over and dominate on early downs. He also has the downside of being bottled up and shut down if the defense can prevent his momentum early. Anticipate lots of touchdowns and very few receptions. Uses strength to his advantage. Can absorb contact and keep churning for more. Falls forward. Plays behind pads well. Ran out of I-formation a lot. Good plant and cut upfield runner. Good in blitz pickup. Upright runner. Durability is a problem given his punishing style of play. Average burst. Needs open field to reach top speed. Below average acceleration. Doesn’t play with good bend. Already dealt with injuries to lower body. Needs to play smaller and more compact. Average vision. -Mark Morales-Smith

Cleats, what we got here?

kid may get the call up this week

Image result for bo knows fantasy

image.png

• Thanks 1

Yikes 

ajayi is done if they are looking at bo 

Edited by affliction

8 minutes ago, affliction said:

Yikes 

ajayi is done if they are looking at bo 

yep, good chance he's called up from ps this week if Johnson sits again. 

meh, who knows?

BO KNOWS 🤷‍♂️

still waiting on the @DerrickHenrysCleats weigh in

Bo is an upright runner.

He was similar to Henry in that he lacks any wiggle or shake but he has excellent top end speed like Henry. 

Henry is a bulldozer that can handle 30 carries a game. Bo's potential was salivating but he was stuck in a committee in college and when he would get a decent opportunity to play he would make great plays but then would get hurt.

Bo was demolishing Clemson before he broke his leg in that game and Watson and renfrow mounted a comeback.

He was pretty good. He is an impressive physical specimen in the mold of a lagarette Blount or another bruiser, he can catch a few passes.

If Bo were to be thrust into starting for Detroit I think he would break off some big runs but the more usage he got the more I would worry about him getting injured.

I added him the moment I saw this thread.

If healthy and given carries he will produce fantasy football points for a RB starved team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I'd bet he's active this week if Ty Johnson sits.  Everybody is hopping on JD this week but I don't think he's anywhere near feature RB material.  He's a passing down RB through and through and that's all he should be.

I may take a shot at him if it's looking like Ty isn't getting cleared.  I'm not sure if he's got a real chance to unseat Ty though....This could easily be a one  week thing unless he blows up somehow against the Cowboys.  

I'm sure he'd have some extra motivation this week if active.  I remember being irritated the Cowboys let him go after drafting him.  Thought he would've been a better hold than Alfred Morris that year.

If Bo Scarbrough is half the back that Bo Jackson was then Detroit has something.

57 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Bo is an upright runner.

He was similar to Henry in that he lacks any wiggle or shake but he has excellent top end speed like Henry. 

Henry is a bulldozer that can handle 30 carries a game. Bo's potential was salivating but he was stuck in a committee in college and when he would get a decent opportunity to play he would make great plays but then would get hurt.

Bo was demolishing Clemson before he broke his leg in that game and Watson and renfrow mounted a comeback.

He was pretty good. He is an impressive physical specimen in the mold of a lagarette Blount or another bruiser, he can catch a few passes.

If Bo were to be thrust into starting for Detroit I think he would break off some big runs but the more usage he got the more I would worry about him getting injured.

I added him the moment I saw this thread.

If healthy and given carries he will produce fantasy football points for a RB starved team

👍

you're not kidding about that upright style - shades of Dickerson - this cat is straight line upright ... a bit moreso than DH ... tell me, if someone 'shopped a Titans uni on that highlight package, would anyone really see such a disparate difference to tell them apart?

that scouting report i posted spoke of average vision ... meh, dunno on that - he showed some very good vision in the Washington game ... the one run in particular they highlighted - starts off down the sidelines, cuts back in, then has the vision to cut all the way across the field to pick up a blocker that facilitated his jaunt into the end zone.  yeah, only one run, but he looked just fine as far as surveying his open avenues. 

he can truck a foo' with the best of 'em, and while not blazingly fast, his speed is accentuated by the power behind it (see DH).

all in all, a fine looking prospect ... 50/50 shot he's activated Sunday, imo ... all hinges on Johnson's noggin - but, if he is on the gameday 53, he's gonna get a shot 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

Are we watching different tape? That was one of the lamest highlight videos I've ever seen. There were some impressive runs but I also counted like 4-5 runs inside the 5 yard line where the OL blew the defense off the ball and he walked in. Were they that hard pressed for highlights they needed to include those? Confirmed, the guy can score from the GL when the OL creates a gaping hole.

He's obviously not without talent but it's not hard to be productive behind Alabama's OL. Cleats is obviously biased so be careful. If he was called up and was actually productive running for the Lions this year I'd be floored. 

• Thanks 1

Tbh I've kept an eye on him ever since he entered the league. Bounced around between the Cowboys, Jags and Seahawks. At his size with 4.5 speed and 40 inch vert, at least he has all the physical tools to potentially earn a role. The Lions run game this season however might be even worse than their putrid run game over the last decade.

Detroit isn't just gonna give him 20 carries right off the street.  McKissic and Perkins will still get theirs, and this is all assuming Ty is ruled out, too.

Temper those expectations, boys...

1 minute ago, JJ1223 said:

Detroit isn't just gonna give him 20 carries right off the street.  McKissic and Perkins will still get theirs, and this is all assuming Ty is ruled out, too.

Temper those expectations, boys...

don't think anyone here is foolish enuff to portend/expect that ... i'm couching it as more along the lines of him 1) getting his foot in the door by being active 2) showing something vs Dallas to carve a niche going forward. 

Detroit is a hot mess right now, and that can multiply exponentially if Stafford is shut down. 

now, if the above doomsday scenario comes to fruition, and you're the Lions braintrust, who do you wanna audition to see what they've got?  a career long ham n' egger like Perkins, or the man beast from 'bama?

🤔

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

don't think anyone here is foolish enuff to portend/expect that ... i'm couching it as more along the lines of him 1) getting his foot in the door by being active 2) showing something vs Dallas to carve a niche going forward. 

Detroit is a hot mess right now, and that can multiply exponentially if Stafford is shut down. 

now, if the above doomsday scenario comes to fruition, and you're the Lions braintrust, who do you wanna audition to see what they've got?  a career long ham n' egger like Perkins, or the man beast from 'bama?

🤔

Agree.

Obviously this thread is only for real deep leagues at this point.  Or maybe teams with low waiver dollars or poor positions.  Bo is the kind of guy you might just pick up if you've got a spot to play with and if something happens, great.  If not, dump him next week and move on.

There's a lot of stuff that obviously needs to happen for him to be worth a roster spot.  But IF he were to come out and get 10-15 carries or something and score a TD, the cost on the waiver wire would obviously go up next week.  Personally, I know I wouldn't have a shot at him in my 14 team league.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Old tweet but still funny

Bama beat Kirk Cousins 49-7 in 2011, where Kirk completed 10 of 18 passes for 120 yards and an INT. 

If Kirk would have hit puberty before he turned 25 maybe he would have gotten some more offers.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Bama beat Kirk Cousins 49-7 in 2011, where Kirk completed 10 of 18 passes for 120 yards and an INT. 

If Kirk would have hit puberty before he turned 25 maybe he would have gotten some more offers.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Has it been confirmed that Bo was brought up from the practice squad, and not Wes Hills?

nope, i made the point clear already that he has yet to be called up ... if Johnson can't go, yes, it will be Hills or Bo getting the nod to gameday 53 ... i lean Bo because Hills has been in the fold a while longer and they obviously saw a need there so they got Bo to MoTown. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

nope, i made the point clear already that he has yet to be called up

Sorry, I missed that in my quick read/haste to make a roster move...

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

SHUT IT DOWN 😟

He'll still have hurdles to clear for this week.

And Bo could still leapfrog Perkins to get active.  They clearly weren't enamored with Perkins.

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 1

I watched some Alabama games when Scarbrough played in college and he is definitely talented but I think his ceiling is as an NFL backup.