pastorofmuppets2

Bo Scarbrough 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

since the initial post he's delivered 3 solid outings, first one cold off the PS - he hasn't flopped, and certainly has availed himself worthy of the hype ✌

🐘

• Haha 1

Looks like I'll be rolling with Bo as my RB2 for the playoffs. Not exciting but I believe will provide a solid floor over the likes of Tevin Coleman and Ronald Jones.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Languistic01 said:

Looks like I'll be rolling with Bo as my RB2 for the playoffs. Not exciting but I believe will provide a solid floor over the likes of Tevin Coleman and Ronald Jones.

Same. If he can just give me 8-12 points, I'll be happy. 

On 11/29/2019 at 6:10 PM, ToeDragSwag said:

He has been decent since he has been given a chance off the practice squad. It seems like forever that the Lions backfield has been a mess and at least for a few games in a row it has been at least stable with him. I wonder if he continues this the rest of the season what happens when Kerryon comes back next year?

I could see him in a Blount role spelling Kerryon now and then and getting GL looks but overall I see Kerryon as the better back. As a Kerryon (and Bo owner) I worry more about Kerryon’s durability. Bo has had durability issues as well.

• Like 1

One thing that irked me last game was once they got deep into the red zone, Bo was pulled from the game.. you would think a guy of his size is exactly who you would want in those situations 

21 minutes ago, YUNG_DB said:

One thing that irked me last game was once they got deep into the red zone, Bo was pulled from the game.. you would think a guy of his size is exactly who you would want in those situations 

Yes that was annoying. They had success just pounding the rock - I don't know why they went away from it inside the 10.

Can’t figure out whether I can drop Bo or not. He’s an automatic 7+ points. Honestly that’s better than my other Flex options. Apparently Bo will be fine for the TB game and Beardman seems to love him.

Bo Scarbrough contributed 65 yards on 19 carries along with one catch for an additional five yards on three targets before exiting with a fourth-quarter rib injury Sunday in the Lions’ Week 14 loss to Minnesota.

Scarbrough saw impressive volume in the loss to Minnesota—he out-touched teammate J.D. McKissic by an overwhelming 20-5 margin—though the former 'Bama standout did little with his opportunity, averaging a lethargic 3.4 yards per attempt while submitting a long gain of only seven yards. He injured his ribs with 12 minutes to go in the fourth quarter and did not return, though he wouldn't have been used much anyway with McKissic the preferred back on passing downs. With Kerryon Johnson (knee) a candidate to return from IR next week, Scarborough's shrinking fantasy window may already be closed. He won't be of much interest next week against a stout Bucs run defense.

——————

Hmmm I don’t know what to think about this advice. 

How are people thinking about Bo in Dynasty going into next year - has he staked out a role in this offense or is it going right back to Kerryon carrying 90% of the load?

3 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

How are people thinking about Bo in Dynasty going into next year - has he staked out a role in this offense or is it going right back to Kerryon carrying 90% of the load?

He has put enough film out there this year to prove himself a capable 2 down grinder.

I think as long as Patricia is in Detroit he will keep Scarborough. He likes a lagarette Blount type thumper and Kerryon is fragile at best.

• Like 1

I know it's been tough sledding in Detroit all year... he hasn't busted out at all... been solid but his tape doesnt pop in the pros... I dont know if it's enough to keep them from making a fa add or rb via draft...I think he more than likely goes by the wayside... but also think kerryon is going to be waysided as well....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

His biggest risk is this is one of the best incoming NCAA RB classes in years. Given Kerryon's fragility it seems likely that Detroit will draft a back some point in the draft, and if it's in the first 3-4 rounds there's a chance they'll be better than any of the current backs on the roster given the depth of the class.

Edited by vercrazy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, hard1 said:

I know it's been tough sledding in Detroit all year... he hasn't busted out at all... been solid but his tape doesnt pop in the pros... I dont know if it's enough to keep them from making a fa add or rb via draft...I think he more than likely goes by the wayside... but also think kerryon is going to be waysided as well....

Yeah it would be hard to believe DET doesn't draft another back in April. 

Bo has been pretty damn dependable though for a rookie. Only 1 FL in 85 carries so far - on his only fumble during that time.

I haven't paid much attn at all to the Lions this year for obvious reasons; would appreciate some input on his pass blocking - that would be a key factor as to whether DET targets additional RBs or not imo.

Edited by SuperJoint

This dude gonna play? Might need him if the Vikes situation doesn't sort itself out in time. Is Kerryon gonna play? Limited info on google.

Edited by MJJ28