pastorofmuppets2

Bo Scarbrough 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I was just bothered that last week it didn't look like Bo was in at all in the 2nd half

Detroit scored first (was it their first posession Bo got the TD?)

Dallas put a ton of pressure on, Matty Patty panicked and scripted the kid out ... chit happens. 

i see NO such worries this week from Washington.  

my prediction -

o/u on carries 17.5

o/u on yds 84.5

o/u on TDs 1.5

so i see an 18/85/2 gig - not far fetched at all. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Detroit scored first (was it their first posession Bo got the TD?)

Dallas put a ton of pressure on, Matty Patty panicked and scripted the kid out ... chit happens. 

i see NO such worries this week from Washington.  

my prediction -

o/u on carries 17.5

o/u on yds 84.5

o/u on TDs 1.5

so i see an 18/85/2 gig - not far fetched at all. 

Starting with confidence

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, rvtura23 said:

are we really starting him with confidence? concerned the lions are the lions and end up starting ty

Welcome to the forums.

As per everything, it is all based on your options and league. Still, it was clear enough last week to some of us that he was gonna get some opportunities and he took advantage. The Lions have been looking for a legit 'big back' that can handle between the tackles work. I can't imagine they are gonna go a different direction now? Kiss is a 3rd down/COP back and Ty is just not impressive--and they were reluctant to use him much anyways.

Then it is the matchup: Redskins have allowed a rushing TD in six of their past seven games and teams facing the Skins are averaging 32.3 rushes per game this season, the second most in the NFL. That sets up pretty damn well imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Who is getting the first team carries in practice? I don't see any of the Lions beat writers reporting on it...

I just watched the college highlights on him. This guy reminds me so much of Henry. One cut big back. Pretty decent top end speed too. I liked what I saw when your comparing him to anyone else on the lions roster.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

I just watched the college highlights on him. This guy reminds me so much of Henry. One cut big back. Pretty decent top end speed too. I liked what I saw when your comparing him to anyone else on the lions roster.

so your saying in 3 years he will be relevant?

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

so your saying in 3 years he will be relevant?

If the lions coach is just as incompetent as the titans coach that it took 3 years to figure out what Henry can do then maybe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rvtura23 said:

are we really starting him with confidence? concerned the lions are the lions and end up starting ty

Supreme confidence .. Bo knows confidence 

Edited by FantasyGuru24

2 hours ago, rvtura23 said:

I wouldn’t start this guy he’s just a bench stash in my opinion. But obviously a high upside one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I wouldn’t start this guy he’s just a bench stash in my opinion. But obviously a high upside one.

It's the Redskins, and any way you look at it, he's going to get some reps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jags02 said:

It's the Redskins, and any way you look at it, he's going to get some reps.

Some reps doesn’t equal a start. A lot of players get some reps. But I mean if your in a deep league over 12 teams I could see it.

1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

If you don't start him this week, then when? Chicago, maybe? At Minnesota, no. Tampa, no. At Denver week 16, no. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

If you don't start him this week, then when? Chicago, maybe? At Minnesota, no. Tampa, no. At Denver week 16, no. 

If he turns into a bell cow and gets goal line work matchups don’t matter. Sure they may score more points against easier ones but it’s the nfl. If the falcons can go to New Orleans and blow them out anything can happen. Like we haven’t seen duds from proven players against soft matchups. This guy is unproven at this point.

2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

If he turns into a bell cow and gets goal line work matchups don’t matter. Sure they may score more points against easier ones but it’s the nfl. If the falcons can go to New Orleans and blow them out anything can happen. Like we haven’t seen duds from proven players against soft matchups. This guy is unproven at this point.

Jonathon Williams was unproven and came up big last night. I'll be taking the leap with Bo because I absolutely have to this week. I'll weigh the easier matchup this week rather then banking on him becoming a bell cow back. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Jonathon Williams was unproven and came up big last night. I'll be taking the leap with Bo because I absolutely have to this week. I'll weigh the easier matchup this week rather then banking on him becoming a bell cow back. 

If you need to start him you do what you got to do I’m just saying I wouldn’t be excited about plugging him into my line up if I had other options. He could very well have a good game I just think it’s a risky start.

13 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

If you need to start him you do what you got to do I’m just saying I wouldn’t be excited about plugging him into my line up if I had other options. He could very well have a good game I just think it’s a risky start.

I am not excited at all! Haha honestly if he hits his low projection of seven points, that's a win. 

8 minutes ago, WayneFontes said:

You don't start him this week, no reason to own him.

Except to keep others from owning him? Depends what the options are.  {understood sarcasm}

Edited by CKM

1 hour ago, WayneFontes said:

You don't start him this week, no reason to own him.

What you talking about? You never heard of picking up and stashing players priors to their breakout? He has a big game against Washington and everyone is going to put in claims.

11 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

What you talking about? You never heard of picking up and stashing players priors to their breakout? He has a big game against Washington and everyone is going to put in claims.

Competitive players were adding Bo last week while he was still on the practice squad.

• Haha 1

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Competitive players were adding Bo last week while he was still on the practice squad.

Don’t lie DHC. You drafted him in like the 5th round

• Haha 1