pastorofmuppets2

Bo Scarbrough 2019 Outlook

Pass catching won’t happen, but Bo is legit. Standard league RB2 as I see it. 

Edit: BTW, his fumble was on a play that “could have” been blown dead. Abnormally long ending to the run. They went right back to him and he looked like he had a chip on his shoulder afterwards 

Edited by itschief33
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

With what went down this game - with the continued usage despite the fumble and being the only guy who can truly run in this team, it's clear that he has the run game locked up. His role is much more secure as compared to what we saw with Ty Johnson. It looks like the Lions RB roulette is finally over, and if you were desperately looking for RB depth coming into the playoffs (like me) and managed to snag him, congratulations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TennisDude said:

Wish he could catch a couple of passes. I wonder if he’s capable or not 

He caught 17 balls in 14 games his last year in college.  I'd say he's at least capable.

Doubt much happens there though as JD is obviously better at that role and Ty can do a bit of that too if need be.

I see Bo as basically Jordan Howard.

18 carries is encouraging and he's the clear lead RB for this team going forward.  Better in standard than PPR for sure but this time of the year, you could do worse.  Tough schedule coming up but you at least know you're getting volume with this guy.  

baffles me how Detroit did not just run the ball more yesterday. Bo was great after halftime and it was clear the redskins could not stop him but instead they insisted on having driskel throw the ball.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, rvtura23 said:

baffles me how Detroit did not just run the ball more yesterday. Bo was great after halftime and it was clear the redskins could not stop him but instead they insisted on having driskel throw the ball.

The classic stealthy tank mode. “Try to win” but really shoot your odds down.. or Patricia is just actually not cut out for this gig which completely could be the case. But I agree with you 

Posted 5 weeks ago on Fantasy Pro's profile page for Kerryon Johnson:
Kerryon Johnson is being placed on IR after undergoing surgery on his knee today. The Lions are hoping Johnson will return to play this season.

Fantasy Impact
Can we say “running back by committee?” Ty Johnson should be the first priority for all waiver claims and situation-dependent, owners should use 50%+ of their FAAB. J.D. McKissic would warrant 10-20% of FAAB. Please note, this news makes a trade or bringing back C.J. Anderson more of a reality for the Lions.

C1k7_qUUUAAg8kD.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

feel like if he doesn't score then in ppr his ceiling is like 8-9 points. people in ppr leagues like myself, not sure if hes worth starting even if the bears are banged up. I know barkley is prob hurt but they shut him down pretty well

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Can we call him Bro Scarbough? I think moving the R makes him more intimidating. 

Bro Scarbro.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, munygon2 said:

Any concerns here since David Blough is starting at qb tomorrow for the Lions?

Of course. But he is getting volume and in consideration as a rb3 or flex.

44 minutes ago, munygon2 said:

Yes! Right now, I have Golladay and Bo in my starting lineup and I'm strongly considering benching them both. The problem is my alternative options aren't much better!

I was already benching him - the matchup is terrible. That was with Driskel. If you're desperate obviously I get it but adjust already-low expectations a skosh lower imo.

They have given up a few big games to RBs - Cook, Jacobs, Howard and Gurley - each of those RBs had their #1 QB going, not their #3 QB. The Lions' line is probably better than only LAR of that group. 

EDIT:

I only hope Blough rhymes with "blow" - God knows I and likely many others have that ready to roll out tomorrow night heh heh heh.

Edited by SuperJoint

Da Bears not capable of blowing this game out & even if they do get a two-score lead, with Blough in there, DET is going to have to run the ball and that means many, many touches for Bo.

Benching Golladay at flex for him..[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

5 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

Benching Golladay at flex for him...

That is the type of move that makes a lot of sense.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, munygon2 said:

Is this the same guy that used to do magic tricks? 

I don’t think it’s a clear step up or down. IMO it is going to lead to more volume, but that threat of driskel to a minor degree on options is going to hurt efficiency. That’s if I had to take a guess. 

• Like 1

What scares me is how legit Chicago still is on defense, particularly against the pass. And now facing the 3rd string QB makes that even worse for Detroit. This in effect is gonna hurt Bo because he isn't there on 3rd downs, and Chicago will most likely be stacking the box to stop the run on early downs. Not only that but it limits his chances at goal line attempts if Detroit can barely get into Chicago territory.

I do hope Bo shows out in this one though and thoroughly impresses everyone, including coach Patricia. Would love to know he could be a legit RB2 for me down the stretch even against tough defenses.

Edited by datsyuk

2 minutes ago, datsyuk said:

What scares me is how legit Chicago still is on defense, particularly against the pass. And now facing the 3rd string QB makes that even worse for Detroit. This in effect is gonna hurt Bo because he isn't there on 3rd downs, and Chicago will most likely be stacking the box to stop the run on early downs.

I do hope Bo shows out in this one though and thoroughly impressed everyone, including coach Patricia. Would love to know he could be a legit RB2 for me down the stretch even against tough defenses.

His floor is probably a 15/45 type of game. His ceiling won’t be realized this season, as big staffy most likely won’t be coming back. His upside in fantasy is goal line looks. Tons of upside w stafford at the helm, less so w these unknowns. 

Speaking to Bo as a player, I really hope he sticks. Idk how that would work w kerryon, but I think a bruiser fits better in this offense, in its ideal state. This is a situation I would love to see a tandem of KJ and Bo. Purely as an unfortunate lion lifer.