Sign in to follow this  
smeeze

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson 2019-2020 Outlook

Anything to see here? Probably doesn't get big minutes when OG is back but he looked good last night against the Blazers.

As a Raptors fan - no. He only got the run because Lowry, OG and Ibaka are all out and we had to give him minutes out of necessity. He'll go back to sub-20 minutes when the team is fully healthy.

I picked him up off waivers, maybe he can bring some points but I guess he’ll be back on the wire by the end of the week

I mean the coach loves him right? He was saying something along the lines of hes not talented like others but gets his numbers through pure hard work and hustle so i never worry about teaching him or giving him any tips to improve his game because his hard work makes him an already at his prime player right? Not the exact quote but basically what he said. 

24 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

I mean the coach loves him right? He was saying something along the lines of hes not talented like others but gets his numbers through pure hard work and hustle so i never worry about teaching him or giving him any tips to improve his game because his hard work makes him an already at his prime player right? Not the exact quote but basically what he said. 

Nurse was vocally critical of RHJ earlier in pre-season for lack of effort and defense.

Maybe he's shown improvement in recent practices to enter the rotation or maybe he is simply a warm body that the Raptors are currently in need of.

Either way don't expect long term value unless the injuries continue to pile up.

2 minutes ago, Swirsky Stars said:

Nurse was vocally critical of RHJ earlier in pre-season for lack of effort and defense.

Maybe he's shown improvement in recent practices to enter the rotation or maybe he is simply a warm body that the Raptors are currently in need of.

Either way don't expect long term value unless the injuries continue to pile up.

I really dont either. Had he said well I like this guy he has potential or hes a great player or somethibg. He literally implied hes only getting minutes now cause hes working hard other than that he has no potential to be better than what he is.