Sign in to follow this  
rotojoe

Porter vs Paschall

11 minutes ago, vyun said:

Both are playing like utter trash, but only one has the potential to improve

which?

Vyun is the most ignorant guy on here dont listen to that negative nancy. I would do Paschall. Warriors are thin and Kerr seems to rate him. Porter is too banged up to risk taking

• Like 1

porter is clearly the superior player but may very well be day to day all year with the plethora of injuries.

owners probably spent a mid round pick hoping his production would revert back to the 2 golden years with the Wiz.  sell him after he comes back after a big game and let another owner chase that dream

As much as Otto's ceiling is much higher than Paschall,, I have to go with "Spicy P".  He just has the better path to minutes, and doesn't have the injury cloud hanging over him like Otto does.

Damn, that's really tough.  I feel y'all on OPJ, since he's always underrated and historically has been a Top 30 player.  And I'd hate to move someone I might have drafted in the 4th/5th round for a WW add.

Times have changed though; I steered clear of OPJ this year due to all his injuries and the fact that he's on a rebuilding Bulls roster.  He'll definitely have his moments and more upside, but Paschall has a much clearer path to minutes even when Dray's healthy, and has shown that he deserves to play on a depleted Dubs roster.  The Dubs will likely shut Dray down somewhere down the line too.  

I'd also add that OPJ's value is a bit lowered in 8-cat, since his lack of TOs is usually a strong selling point for him.  Personally, I'd hold OPJ on principle and for the sheer hope he could stay healthy/possibly turn this season around, but I also wouldn't blame you for making the move.

Just now, MWon said:

Damn, that's really tough.  I feel y'all on OPJ, since he's always underrated and historically has been a Top 30 player.  And I'd hate to move someone I might have drafted in the 4th/5th round for a WW add.

Times have changed though; I steered clear of OPJ this year due to all his injuries and the fact that he's on a rebuilding Bulls roster.  He'll definitely have his moments and more upside, but Paschall has a much clearer path to minutes even when Dray's healthy, and has shown that he deserves to play on a depleted Dubs roster.  The Dubs will likely shut Dray down somewhere down the line too.  

I'd also add that OPJ's value is a bit lowered in 8-cat, since his lack of TOs is usually a strong selling point for him.  Personally, I'd hold OPJ on principle and for the sheer hope he could stay healthy/possibly turn this season around, but I also wouldn't blame you for making the move.

I actually didn't have either player. But I had offers for my Dipo- one of Paschall and one of Porter. I couldn't hold him any longer on IL- losing too badly with Lowry, Curry, Anunoby, House all hurt. SO I had to decide which offer to accept for Dipo. I took Porter. I expect this will bite me later.

Erg.  Yeah, while I'm not high on Dipo, I definitely think he'll be better than OPJ overall, and immediate production-wise, it's not too much of an upgrade.  I mean, I get the desperation, but that's a fairly substantial risk, which is defeating the purpose in your trade in the first place.

Hope it works out though.

Just now, vyun said:

Very bad move. Should have listened and dropped Curry who IS NOT PLAYING THIS SEASON. Oh well, there's next year, start planning ahead

you might be right, But if Curry does play, everyone who dropped him on your advice is going to be coming for you. I think he will be back, and even 10 games playing 20 minutes from him near playoff time is better than anything on the wire.

On 11/14/2019 at 1:29 PM, Aloon33 said:

Vyun is the most ignorant guy on here dont listen to that negative nancy. I would do Paschall. Warriors are thin and Kerr seems to rate him. Porter is too banged up to risk taking

Word..