Sign in to follow this  
Cleanface

Teams out of Playoff contention - trades??

Should teams that are out of contention (2-8) be allowed to trade their best players off at this stage of the season for no good reason??  Not collusion per say, just an attention grabbing/chaos causing exercise that could potentially lead to terrible trades and idiocy (and potential collusion)??  

Last place team in our league just put Saquon and Mahomes up for grabs.  Trade deadline is next week.  

Or should they be shut down and locked??  

I'm just asking to get some opinions on this situations, I'm not LM and not vetoing.  Just rappin'...

JA

seems like it's fair game.... if trade is obviously unbalanced perhaps step in and kill it... but it would need to be something like mahomes for goff for me as a commish to step in aand squash a trade.... otherwise move your trade deadline up or create trade rules for next year

39 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

Should teams that are out of contention (2-8) be allowed to trade their best players off at this stage of the season for no good reason??  Not collusion per say, just an attention grabbing/chaos causing exercise that could potentially lead to terrible trades and idiocy (and potential collusion)??  

Last place team in our league just put Saquon and Mahomes up for grabs.  Trade deadline is next week.  

I'm just asking to get some opinions on this situations, I'm not LM and not vetoing.  Just rappin'...

JA

That would annoy the crap out of me. If that team is mathematically eliminated and has nothing left to play for (e.g. high score of the week, toilet bowl, etc.) they really shouldn't be making trades that will bolster one of the playoff teams. That being said, if the trade deadline hasn't passed and there's nothing in your league's constitution outlawing it, I don't think there's much that can be done about it. Now, if the owner didn't get fair return for Barkley and/or Mahomes that's another story.

Edited by meh2

Depends on your league.  One of my league is pretty cut and dry, 6 make playoffs only 1-2 make money.  My other league however does a reverse Sacko for all teams that don't make the playoffs and the "winner" has to jump naked into a frozen lake by my house.  No trading once mathematically eliminated in the 1st league, trades are allowed all year in the 2nd. 

4 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

Depends on your league.  One of my league is pretty cut and dry, 6 make playoffs only 1-2 make money.  My other league however does a reverse Sacko for all teams that don't make the playoffs and the "winner" has to jump naked into a frozen lake by my house.  No trading once mathematically eliminated in the 1st league, trades are allowed all year in the 2nd. 

Ha, sounds like fun!

How is that (bolded/ul) enforced??  Just a 'known to all' thing, and everyone abides by it??

Just now, Cleanface said:

Ha, sounds like fun!

How is that (bolded/ul) enforced??  Just a 'known to all' thing, and everyone abides by it??

I veto it and tell the mathematically eliminated team that if they can justify how this helps them and the league, ill let it process... I have never gotten a response. 

1 hour ago, Cleanface said:

JA

If there's no weekly payout or any draft consequences, or any consequences for next season,  I don't think these teams should be able to trade.

Of course, telling them that means they might start setting bad lineups on purpose which would force the commish to start managing their team for them.

But if it's not already in the rules, I don't know that you can keep them from trading at this point.

Edited by K197040

our league last place team has to upload a 'roast me' photo on reddit...that should take care of this problem.