heero78

Carmelo Anthony 2019-2020 Outlook

Well well well, look who is back. 

Non-guaranteed deal. 

Per Woj:

Portland is signing Carmelo Anthony, league source tells ESPN. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Bout time. #FreeMelo

if Thabo Sefolosha and Isaiah Canaan can get minutes, Carmelo can too. Will that help the Blazers woes, we will see. But if he is a free agent. Run don’t walk. 

• Like 2

Don’t see the usage being there for him to be even remotely fantasy relevant, unless he somehow completely changes his game to a strictly 3 and D player.

Just now, Aloon33 said:

Almost 8k have already added him. I can’t wait until he’s released in a couple weeks lol 

thats cap your honor, melo is the goat 😂

• Haha 1

I feel like im one of the few who think he will be decent. My guess is 13 and 6, 42 fg%, decent ft%. Thats not really great in 12 team leagues, so decent in real life.

Won't hurt to pick him up in deep leagues. The 4 spot in POR has been atrocious and with Collins out I see a chance for decent value here. Let's just hope he will behave and act like Dwight on the Lakers and accept his role no matter what. I remember him still having great games with HOU last year. Ultimately, I am happy for the guy and hope he proves the doubters wrong. 

18 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Don’t see the usage being there for him to be even remotely fantasy relevant, unless he somehow completely changes his game to a strictly 3 and D player.

this.

don't overreact guys.

Did you not see what he did as little as 8 years ago? He was a scoring machine. I fully expect him to be a must own player who will score and make the blazers and fantasy teams amazing. 

• Haha 1

They actually do need him. Dame has been begging for Melo to join them.

Alright screw it. I am dropping Jimmy for him. I just read in Jimmy’s thread he wasn’t Jimmy Buckets anymore just a system guy.

I hope I am not too late.....