heero78

Carmelo Anthony 2019-2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Melo and Joe Johnson deserve each other.  Just kidding.  I actually like JJ.  But neither have any business in the league right now as old scorers. 

Joe Johnson is still in the league ?!

I was in 1st place in 4 leagues. Since I picked up Melo...I fall out of 1st in 4 leagues. I ain’t saying she’s a gold digger...but she ain’t messing with no broke n.....

Man, Melo still thinks he is an all star level player and does not accept that he should he a comp player. I was hoping for Olympics Melo but...nope. 

• Haha 2

Warning: Contact with Melo may result in nausea, heartburn, upset stomach, indigestion and diarrhea. 

2 hours ago, Spyplane said:

Warning: Contact with Melo may result in nausea, heartburn, upset stomach, indigestion and diarrhea. 

spewing a lot of Melo hate.

KG, is that you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mcflywalker said:

spewing a lot of Melo hate.

KG, is that you?

I am me but don't tell anyone.

• Haha 2

On 11/20/2019 at 4:12 AM, Spyplane said:

He might be in a 40 team league. Enough with the assumptions.

Hes definitely a pick up on 20 team leagues now. Melos role really is perfect for him, stretch 4 with less iso with Lillard back. He still belongs in the league. So «Enough with the assumpions» 🤣

On 11/20/2019 at 4:10 AM, grassoli said:

We're watching the game live too.

If you are watching this game right now and encouraged by what you're seeing from Melo, your standards are probably just lower than the rest of ours.

I am definitely encouraged with what Im seeing now, with Lillard back.

Yeee ... even if this is ends up his best game of the season, it's nice to see that Melo's still got it.  #18 on the All time scoring list too.  And I guess this answers the question of how he'll mesh with Dame, even though the latter's still hindered a bit.  Proves that Melo's a viable scoring option with a much needed win.

4 hours ago, kane said:

Don't forget it's again the awful bulls

This right here.  Melo's got OKC next and I'm probably using him on a crowded night for the revenge game factor, and another matchup with the Bulls again; it's a little scary sticking him into lineups this week since most of us have to bench another player on the crowded MWF games.  And I'm still a bit wary when he plays real teams next week with both LA teams.  But as long as he's rolling, I'll throw him out there.

7 hours ago, Illdrago said:

Hes definitely a pick up on 20 team leagues now. Melos role really is perfect for him, stretch 4 with less iso with Lillard back. He still belongs in the league. So «Enough with the assumpions» 🤣

Funny because what you said is an assumption. lol

He was playing a pushover Bulls team. December 3rd against the Clippers will tell you his real worth. Next two games are rather easy matchups. 

39 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

He was playing a pushover Bulls team. December 3rd against the Clippers will tell you his real worth. Next two games are rather easy matchups. 

«Pushover Bulls team» «Clippers will tell you his real worth» «Next two games are easy matchups»

Bro listen to yourself. You are making it sound like there are only 5 nba teams lol. Dude hasn’t played an NBA game for a year and is showing to hold his own. Nobody was saying he will be the WW pick up of the year, but he might help in 3s and pts with the right team if he keeps the fg straight. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Illdrago said:

«Pushover Bulls team» «Clippers will tell you his real worth» «Next two games are easy matchups»

Bro listen to yourself. You are making it sound like there are only 5 nba teams lol. Dude hasn’t played an NBA game for a year and is showing to hold his own. Nobody was saying he will be the WW pick up of the year, but he might help in 3s and pts with the right team if he keeps the fg straight. 

Your math is wrong and anyone who gets confused about how many teams are in the league due to my post should probably get a new hobby. 

6 hours ago, Spyplane said:

Lol almost everyone has a bad game against the clippers so i wouldn't read into his performance too much that night, i don't expect a 35 year old melo to drop buckets on a healthy Kawhi, PG & Pat Bev but he has been serviceable thus far for my punt FG% team and gives me a steady amount of pts, rebs, & 3PM, & besides it's not like they'll play the clippers or any of the top tier teams every single game, there will be nights he plays trash teams and he plays good teams so that buoys his value. Also he did his thing against the bucks posting an 18 7 4 line and is adapting to the offense with lillard more and more every day, they meshed really well yesterday so we'll see down the line if it's sustainable. You can definitely do worse for a waiver wire pick.

1 hour ago, shiftysaj said:

Lol almost everyone has a bad game against the clippers so i wouldn't read into his performance too much that night, i don't expect a 35 year old melo to drop buckets on a healthy Kawhi, PG & Pat Bev but he has been serviceable thus far for my punt FG% team and gives me a steady amount of pts, rebs, & 3PM, & besides it's not like they'll play the clippers or any of the top tier teams every single game, there will be nights he plays trash teams and he plays good teams so that buoys his value. Also he did his thing against the bucks posting an 18 7 4 line and is adapting to the offense with lillard more and more every day, they meshed really well yesterday so we'll see down the line if it's sustainable. You can definitely do worse for a waiver wire pick.

The Blazers are on the ropes. If they don't start beating good teams and hanging in there with elite teams realistically they'll have no hope at a playoff spot soon. Melo's contract doesn't guarantee until January. If December doesn't go a lot better than November has for the Blazers then there might be no point in keeping Melo and if they let him go then that might be it for him. The Blazers signed him on the terms that he's a starter. No one else is gonna do that unless they too are very desperate.

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 1

Dang, his statline might not look fancy tonight, but he looked so good out there.  A few fadeaway jumpers, difficult layups against Noel/Adams, and aggressive rebounds (basically pushing his own teammate out of the way for them).  Most of those buckets were heavily contested.  A pair of nice spin moves, one resulting in an And-1 and the other in a dunk.   

Sure, it's against OKC, but it was a nice revenge game. Looked like vintage Melo out there, even if he's a step slow and still can't jump much.

Damn,melo looks really reborn in portland,double double already

his best two games so far were both against the lousy Bulls.

You might wanna wait for a bigger sample size...

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, doomz said:

his best two games so far were both against the lousy Bulls.

You might wanna wait for a bigger sample size...

True but they went to him several times late in the game. It's clear he is an important part of their offense.