heero78

Carmelo Anthony 2019-2020 Outlook

I knew he would at least so far do well. I sarcastically said he would do knicks numbers. Obviously hes not a focal point of  dm'dantoni system but i was disappointed 9pm eastern time news broke out that he signed and by 9:06 seeing my league he was picked up like 5 minutes ago. Do i expect knicks melo? No. Do i expect a hall of famer being out casted and being productive? Yes. Sour grapes i dont have him but i think he wants a contract for next season.

24 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

True but they went to him several times late in the game. It's clear he is an important part of their offense.

Yes against the Bulls.

anyone trying to sell high here?

sent out Melo for Lauri before the game, now after the game i have cancelled the trade offer, maybe i should target higher. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Yes against the Bulls.

is it next game he will face the Clippers? that will be a big test for Melo. 

14 minutes ago, t0087669 said:

anyone trying to sell high here?

sent out Melo for Lauri before the game, now after the game i have cancelled the trade offer, maybe i should target higher. 

The way these people on the forums are complaining. I would target.

lauri

Mitchell Robinson

Steven Adams

Josh Richardson

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wallacesnoop said:

Can't believe I gotta scoop this guy up.

How is it that Melo is still available in any competitive leagues. 

Hate to be that guy. That criticize people on their competitive nature. But c’mon bro. Melo should have been owned in all the competitive leagues. AINEC. He is freaking Carmelo Anthony. 

PS. I take it all back, I heart you Melo! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ginocan said:

Hate to be that guy. That criticize people on their competitive nature. But c’mon bro. Melo should have been owned in all the competitive leagues. AINEC. He is freaking Carmelo Anthony. 

Huh...he's been terrible for the last few years.  Most fantasy pundits are still not buying into Melo.  Just read the comments on this forum...

9 minutes ago, wallacesnoop said:

Huh...he's been terrible for the last few years.  Most fantasy pundits are still not buying into Melo.  Just read the comments on this forum...

The professional fantasy analysts put themselves in a tough spot by mocking the rising ownership %s of Melo (derived partly from public league data) when he signing broke. Now that he’s strung a few good games together I bet most analysts would buy shares. They are a reactive, hypocritical bunch.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Yes against the Bulls.

He has played six games, two of them against the Bulls. He had 19 against OKC and 18 against Milwaukee. 

The Bulls are 13th in defense, not exactly a turnstile. The problem is being 29th in offense (only one scorer).

• Thanks 1

It's really hard to understand the hate here. The dude is a HoF'er with 24 ppg over his 17-year career (on 14 of those he was a stud in real life/fantasy). He's starting for Portland and he's playing well. If anything this is a Cindirella Man like story. Some guys are talking like they started watching bball only two years ago. 

• Like 4

I am still a doubter but I've seen enough to conclude that I think it's likely his floor is in the top 150 and that he's likely to be guaranteed in January; the Blazers are ******** desperate, don't undervalue that. No clue what his ceiling is but he's doing enough to warrant swapping end of the bench filler for him. That's what I've done. I was never a fan of Melo's game but I love a redemption story.

Carmelo Anthony's return to the NBA is barely two weeks old, and he's already being recognized for his strong play.

The league on Monday named the Portland Trail Blazers forward its Western Conference Player of the Week. The Trail Blazers went 3-0, beating the Bulls twice as well as the Thunder. Anthony led those efforts, averaging 22.3 points, 7.7 rebounds and 2.7 assists.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28212445/carmelo-anthony-named-western-conference-player-week

Meanwhile...

dantonino.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Paid promotion

Who's paying who? The league black listed him for over a year and he only got back because Blazer management feel the ax coming.

3 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Who's paying who? The league black listed him for over a year and he only got back because Blazer management feel the ax coming.

Would you agree that Carmelo had a better week than Doncic Triple Doubles or Harden’s 60 points??

Him getting western conference player of the week is kind of a joke imo, especially considering who the wins/stats came against.

Harden, Luka, Lebron, Davis all deserved it more imo.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 2:27 AM, ginocan said:

This is just not true. He has no body of work over the last several seasons to suggest he is a must-own player in even 12-team leagues. The scoring will be inconsistent and the peripherals will always be weak 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Would you agree that Carmelo had a better week than Doncic Triple Doubles or Harden’s 60 points??

What does my view of that have to do with gaming the system via bribery? Who is paying who and for what reason? 

Do you even know how this award is decided? I don't Maybe its voted on by coaches or whoever.

Edited by Spyplane

2 hours ago, samer42 said:

This is just not true. He has no body of work over the last several seasons to suggest he is a must-own player in even 12-team leagues. The scoring will be inconsistent and the peripherals will always be weak 

There was a rush to get him in my competitive league during the last WW period. Three consecutive good games got people moving. He's not gonna have to play the Clippers every night but he does have to play them this week and that might be a second chance to sign him for anyone curious.

Edited by Spyplane

2 hours ago, Spyplane said:

There was a rush to get him in my competitive league during the last WW period. Three consecutive good games got people moving. He's not gonna have to play the Clippers every night but he does have to play them this week and that might be a second chance to sign him for anyone curious.

Melo got picked up as soon as he signed in my leagues lol. 

I mean I guess I'll say it.

2-9 for 9 points against a solid team like the Clippers in 28 minutes. Western Conference Player of the Week, team loses by 20, he is -14.

If he is on the wire. Run don't walk. Clearly he will play the Bulls every week for the rest of the year.

• Haha 1