heero78

Carmelo Anthony 2019-2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, Dominator83 said:

He was on his way to a monster game too

he really was. fantasy gods teased us with the stocks and 3 blocks in 9 minutes tonight. 

Edited by pdids911

1 hour ago, rush007 said:

Looking good:

---

P Carmelo AnthonyPORSF/PF
Probable Saturday vs MIN (knee)
He says his knee is fine and is intending to play tomorrow

If he gets 3+ stocks tomorrow, he might be on his way to be waiver wire pickup of the year. My god something has gotten into him.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

If he gets 3+ stocks tomorrow, he might be on his way to be waiver wire pickup of the year. My god something has gotten into him.

I know this is the craziest thought but

I wanna see that him playing defense a lot, leading Portland to playoffs, reaching Finals against Giannis, successfully defend Giannis while getting 20 pts per game, win Finals win Final MVP, and see him crying.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nomorebulls said:

I wanna see that him playing defense a lot, leading Portland to playoffs, reaching Finals against Giannis, successfully defend Giannis while getting 20 pts per game, win Finals win Final MVP, and see him crying.

If this happens, gimme your bank deets and ill transfer you 1000 bucks.

40 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

If this happens, gimme your bank deets and ill transfer you 1000 bucks.

Let me add a few 0’s to that. $1,000,000.

5 hours ago, Nomorebulls said:

I know you just had a wet dream about Carmelo, but come back to reality lol.

• Haha 1

I'm still mad about last game...3 blocks in the first 9 min. we could've seen his best fantasy stat line ever, but of course he gets hurt. 

• Like 1

Anything serious about his injury?

He was by himself when it happened..

On 12/21/2019 at 6:18 PM, wisegeeks said:

Anything serious about his injury?

He was by himself when it happened..

Kinda concerning getting a knee contusion from taking a wide open jumpshot.

This guy is incredible. For someone to have played his whole career as the #1 option, never play defence and play a slow pace of offence, to have him take a year off, come back and have the defensive patience and humbled offence he now has is astonishing to me. I hope he can continue like this all year cause itll be the comeback story of the year, kudos to him.

• Like 1

Many people don’t realize, Melo hasn’t played with players as good as CJ and Dame in a long time. He didn’t have the luxury of expending energy on defence. Over the years I’ve watched Melo put in many impressive defensive displays, his only issue was consistency. But on the Knicks it is hard to want to play defence, especially when you are the main guy being double teamed every night. In Portland he is just a role player and doesn’t have to worry about things like foul trouble and getting tired. He can play aggressive on both ends of the floor in more limited minutes/role. That is probably the reason for the increased stocks and defensive rating. However looking at his age, I don’t think Carmelo owners should expect 5 stocks a night as the season plays out. 

21 minutes ago, 7614 said:

Many people don’t realize, Melo hasn’t played with players as good as CJ and Dame in a long time.

But he played with Harden & Paul, and PG & Westbrook his last two stops.  They aren't slouches.  He was the third guy those places too (in Houston 4th actually behind Capela). 

He is trying on defense because he knows the alternative. Out of the league again.

Just now, Tekno Team 2000 said:

But he played with Harden & Paul, and PG & Westbrook his last two stops.  They aren't slouches.  He was the third guy those places too (in Houston 4th actually behind Capela). 

He is trying on defense because he knows the alternative. Out of the league again.

Still hating on Melo? What did he do to you? Out of the league? How delusional do you have to be to think steals and blocks is what’s going to keep Melo in the NBA? He’s there to score. Please watch a game instead of a box score. Melo 4th option and because of that he should have been doing good? You just type a bunch of idiocy. Go look up what usage rate is. Understand a play style. 

And all he did was stand in the corner on those teams. He’s not a 3pt shooter. You need to have Melo involved for him to be locked in and into the game. Also Houston generally runs a 7 seconds or less offence and nobody plays any defence on that team. His game is more dynamic than that. He has a role on this offence. He gets the ball in the post and triple threat situations. He’s getting steals and blocks because he’s playing with energy again and happy to be on the court. Not stuck playing with high usage ball hogs. 

You salty fans want Melo out of the league so bad, you want him to fail. Shows how sad your own lives are. 

let’s not pretend Melo isn’t one of the greatest SF in NBA history. Getting a few more steals and blocks isn’t the reason why he’s going to get a chance in the league. He was literally black listed and not given proper opportunities because nobody can argue or tell me that someone like Semi Ojeleye, or Henry Ellenson is better than Melo. 

18 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

He played only 10 games with dysfunction Rockets, with a coach who didn’t ever want him and haters still pretending he played a whole season there. OKC didn’t work out, Westbrook and George isn’t a better team than Blazers. They sucked and had no team chemistry. Melo was standing in the corners like a 3pt shooter. Melo hasn’t been on a team like this where they share the ball in a long time. Even if Blazers run a lot of Iso with Dame, they have Melo way more involved. Look at his recent games against all the teams that didn’t want him, he killed them. 

2 minutes ago, 7614 said:

Still hating on Melo? What did he do to you? Out of the league? How delusional do you have to be to think steals and blocks is what’s going to keep Melo in the NBA? He’s there to score. Please watch a game instead of a box score. Melo 4th option and because of that he should have been doing good? You just type a bunch of idiocy. Go look up what usage rate is. Understand a play style. 

And all he did was stand in the corner on those teams. He’s not a 3pt shooter. You need to have Melo involved for him to be locked in and into the game. Also Houston generally runs a 7 seconds or less offence and nobody plays any defence on that team. His game is more dynamic than that. He has a role on this offence. He gets the ball in the post and triple threat situations. He’s getting steals and blocks because he’s playing with energy again and happy to be on the court. Not stuck playing with high usage ball hogs. 

You salty fans want Melo out of the league so bad, you want him to fail. Shows how sad your own lives are. 

let’s not pretend Melo isn’t one of the greatest SF in NBA history. Getting a few more steals and blocks isn’t the reason why he’s going to get a chance in the league. He was literally black listed and not given proper opportunities because nobody can argue or tell me that someone like Semi Ojeleye, or Henry Ellenson is better than Melo. 

Whoa calm down. Haha.  My comment didn't come from a place of saltiness.  Melo is actually one of my favorite players so there is no hate from me.  Just reality.  

I was just stating that he has played with talent outside of New York.  Yes he was miscast as a stand in the corner three point shooter, but he played with talent.  

But at the same time tho, lets not pretend that he wasn't outright horrible on defense in OKC and Houston.  Not because of role.  He got played off the court there because he was a defensive liability. Probably wasn't in shape as well (he looks in much better shape now).  One of the main reasons he stayed unsigned for so long was defense.  He wasn't blacklisted.  He is not Kaepernick.  And yes, if he remained a complete defensive liability and not been as good on offense as he has been with the Blazers, he would be out of the league. 

boy that space jam juice workssss!

On a general note tho, if you a true basketball fan there should be no hate towards this man at all. Just be thankful you were able to witness a great offensive player and enjoy the show while they play