heero78

Carmelo Anthony 2019-2020 Outlook

I don't think hating on his game defines whether or not someone is a fan of basketball. Some people are incapable of admitting they're wrong.

48 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Whoa calm down. Haha.  My comment didn't come from a place of saltiness.  Melo is actually one of my favorite players so there is no hate from me.  Just reality.  

I was just stating that he has played with talent outside of New York.  Yes he was miscast as a stand in the corner three point shooter, but he played with talent.  

But at the same time tho, lets not pretend that he wasn't outright horrible on defense in OKC and Houston.  Not because of role.  He got played off the court there because he was a defensive liability. Probably wasn't in shape as well (he looks in much better shape now).  One of the main reasons he stayed unsigned for so long was defense.  He wasn't blacklisted.  He is not Kaepernick.  And yes, if he remained a complete defensive liability and not been as good on offense as he has been with the Blazers, he would be out of the league. 

Sorry if I came off as rude, it’s just a terrible take to claim Melo has no spot in the league due to lack of defence. When there are probably droves of worse players in the NBA right now. He was black listed, similar to how Iverson was. Not sure why you’re comparing him to Kaepernick. 

Also he was probably in better shape at that time then he is now. Remember hoodie Melo? 

I think it has more to do with lack of motivation and the fact that those 2 teams play fast up and down the court basketball. Blazers share the ball more and play half court iso a lot. Melo has been going to work in triple threat and post situation. He was just a corner shooter in OKC and Houston. This is the best situation he’s been in probably since Billups joined him on the Nuggets. 

24 minutes ago, 7614 said:

Sorry if I came off as rude, it’s just a terrible take to claim Melo has no spot in the league due to lack of defence. When there are probably droves of worse players in the NBA right now. He was black listed, similar to how Iverson was. Not sure why you’re comparing him to Kaepernick. 

Also he was probably in better shape at that time then he is now. Remember hoodie Melo? 

I think it has more to do with lack of motivation and the fact that those 2 teams play fast up and down the court basketball. Blazers share the ball more and play half court iso a lot. Melo has been going to work in triple threat and post situation. He was just a corner shooter in OKC and Houston. This is the best situation he’s been in probably since Billups joined him on the Nuggets. 

I used Kap as an example because you said blacklisted as if teams were conspiring to keep Melo out of the league like Kap for reasons that had nothing to do with his play.  If you meant out of the league like Iverson, that makes more sense (although Iverson was not blacklisted either). 

I was not saying Melo has no spot in the league and is worse than bums (although defensively the fact was he was played off the court).  Situation is more complex than the average role player.  But I was saying if he played like he did in Houston and OKC, he would not get signed again.  Not a horrible take because its a fact.  Portland really was his last chance and they really needed him because of injuries.  If they were totally convinced it was going to work they would have guaranteed his contract from the jump, which they didn't 

I did not want him to go out like it did in Houston so I am really glad he is doing well and proving he is not a net negative on the court because in Houston and OKC, unfortunately, he was.  Statistics backed that up.  Eye test backed that up. You mentioned lack of motivation. Bingo.  Melo stayed unsigned because of a bunch of reasons mixed in one - lack of motivation, horrible defense that could not be overcome by his offense (which had declined), and unaccepting of role.  These things happen sometimes to declining superstars.  

Why do you think Lebron didn't get Melo signed?  Iverson was out of the league because he was unaccepting of being a role player too when his skills were declining. The negatives began to outweigh the positives in their cases for the majority of the teams when evaluating the situation and they decided not to sign them. That is not being blacklisted.  It means the juice is not worth the squeeze.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Revenge game against NYK

What happened?  I missed when everyone was doing victory laps over rostering a guy who is ranked outside the top 150 the last 2 weeks and outside the top 100 overall. 

He is available on the wire now in my 14 teamer so I might stream him for points and ft% when he plays a bad defense since his minutes seem secure.

2 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Anybody dropping? Or is his name value too high to drop?

He was dropped in my 14 teamer and I can see him being a top 120ish type of streamer ros who is repeatedly picked up and dropped according to how hot he is shooting at the time. 

Hit the game winner to seal the win,wow

I was expecting this thread is blowing up..

Where's the Love for this guy?

I don't mean trade for K Love coz that will sh!t on Melo's value.

I already traded Melo away but I'm still rooting for him. And i haven't been a Melo fan ever, just always rooting for the underdogs.

Just need one steal.

Aaaaaaand the game is over...

Edited by fantasick

He was 1/10 in the first Q 

Let that sink in for a moment 

Well, that roto blurb and writer who said he would pick over 300 players before melo looks really smart right now....