heero78

Carmelo Anthony 2019-2020 Outlook

In his prime he was arguably the best scorer in the league but expectations should be VERY low. Melo is 35 now, been out of the NBA for a bit and his last game was atrocious (1-11 and 0-6 from deep). He also failed playing with some amazing passers in Westbrook, Harden and Paul but this is good for the league so hopefully he can still hoop

10 hours ago, IDatDude said:

Bahaha wow...this is such a random...and interesting situation. 

Brain is telling me “fukkkkk no”, heart is saying “hmm could be interesting” lol. Literally fighting the urge to add this guy 😂. Y’all ever get the weird conflicting feeling where you can’t decide, and you just wish one of your league mates just picks the player up before you, so you don’t have to go thru mental anguish? 

100%, I just had to drop daniel theis for him in my main league and already regret it but I'm a Blazer fan and my heart won over my brain lol.

He got scoopee up in my other leagues where I actually had a more easy drop but oh well he is such a wild card but we should see tomorrow how much potential value he has rest of season

• Like 1

Carmelo doing his thang again, all hype. But will end up with the usual- no wins. The only way he can change this is if he finally sacrifices his own scoring ambition for the betterment of the team. In this case, horrible for fantasy.

Lay back, don’t run, and chuckle later.

5 hours ago, Spyplane said:

I have to ask, for those taking the plunge, who are you cutting to make this happen? This question is probably more interesting.

WCS

2 hours ago, Aloon33 said:

In his prime he was arguably the best scorer in the league but expectations should be VERY low. Melo is 35 now, been out of the NBA for a bit and his last game was atrocious (1-11 and 0-6 from deep). He also failed playing with some amazing passers in Westbrook, Harden and Paul but this is good for the league so hopefully he can still hoop

3 games before that he scored 28 on 9-12 fg, 6-9 3PT in 30 minutes. 2 games before that 24 points on 6-10 3's, both wins.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bksm said:

3 games before that he scored 28 on 9-12 fg, 6-9 3PT in 30 minutes. 2 games before that 24 points on 6-10 3's, both wins.

Ok and he hasn't played in a long time, his game hasn't evolved and he is now 35

I know there is 90% of chance he is a bust, but i want to have him in other case. Never mind if i have to drop in 2 weeks.

42 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

what does that mean? s.hit bag on fire?

Flaming bag of s---. That's my Melo forecast. For fantasy. I'm sure he's a nice guy.

Edited by Spyplane
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Aloon33 said:

Ok and he hasn't played in a long time, his game hasn't evolved and he is now 35

He's been hard at work shooting 1,000 threes a day when not in the weight room---- Is what I would have needed to hear to sign him, that is.

this is a better fit for him than it was in houston...15/5 and 2 3pts a game is not out of the question because he will eventually start.... 

28 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

He's been hard at work shooting 1,000 threes a day when not in the weight room---- Is what I would have needed to hear to sign him, that is.

I hope it works out because its his last chance

man I hope this dude balls out.. I'm just happy that he's playing as a kid growing up watch him play when he was drafted... when I see guys like Dudley still playing it is astonishing that melo was unable to pick up a contract for till now. I understand his selfishness to not accept a lesser roll

Make all the jokes people but lets be honest. Hes 35 yes, hes been out the league for a year yes, hes EMBARRASSED!  He was considered top 5 when in his prime top 10 to others. He literally begged a damn hall of famer begged for this last chance because going out the way he would have would have haunted him. I know he put in the work and learned from dwayne wade that going out as a bench player just playing and helping is better than going out a spoiled diva wanting to start thinking hes 25. Hes gonna be decent and will prove people wrong. 

3 minutes ago, vyun said:

He won't and you people need to get real, but I really like the guy and wish him the best and can at least be serviceable on the court

Um just your quote alone is why people should pick him up. Ok keep deciding peoples fate before they even play a game. If you are right you are right. If you are wrong then congrats to him. I choose to be i am right he will do great and wrong with a short leash and say im wrong. 

2 minutes ago, vyun said:

I meant serviceable on the literal basketball court. Did I type something different? Like play some D. Hit some open jumpers. Doesn't matter what he does though, he will be hot trash for fantasy

Most likely will be I agree. But i believe he as a man and a hall of famer who begged to come back he will be serviceable. He did do decent fantasy wise the 10 games he was with Houston. He had duds along with huge games so hes not some 10 day contract bum they woke up fromcthe street corner of an nba court playground. 

Just now, vyun said:

We have very different definitions of serviceable then. In houston he put up 13 5 2threes and literally nothing else on abysmal percentages. To me that's waiver trash, but if you need that then best of luck to you. Not gonna argue though because like I said I like the dude and we both seem to wish him the best

Hey i just noticed you said he wont play D. Um he never has what makes people like you think others would think he would play D? Are people adding him for steals fg% or blocks? No. Points 3s and the rare occasional every 2 or 3 games steals with good ft percentages yes.

48 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

I can't wait to play the team in my league that picks up and starts Melo.

I can’t wait till he plays. Good or bad, this thread is gonna be wild lol. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wideopen21 said:

I can't wait to play the team in my league that picks up and starts Melo.

Lol ... watch Melo carry his team ... 

On 11/16/2019 at 3:18 PM, Monkeyking69 said:

Lol ... watch Melo carry his team ... 

...water bottles...

But seriously though, I think being out of the league has humbled him. And good for him to get a “retirement tour”. Some guys didn’t and to have watched him throughout his whole career I think he has contributed to the game of basketball enough to be recognized. 

Maybe we’ll be lucky and get a “Team Redemption” Melo. Even at 50% of that, I’ll be happy. 

Im on board just for old times sake. Half a Melo is a decent Melo for the back end of a roster.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, memo said:

Im on board just for old times sake. Half a Melo is a decent Melo for the back end of a roster.

honestly I want dame to the finals and have melo get his ring... haha granted I hope raptors manage to wing back to back 😂