heero78

Carmelo Anthony 2019-2020 Outlook

Calling it now: 12.5 points, 4.5 rebounds, 1.8 3pts on 39% shooting. 
Serviceable end of rotation guy in 12 teamers+ but most likely going to finish outside of Top 120 in per game value. I don't think he'll give enough stocks to really warrant a spot. But hey, it's Melo. If you get the occasional glimpse of "Hoody Melo", he might just help your team win a few weeks. 

spacer.png

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, raaYUU said:

Uhhm I hope yahoo knows they got it wrong and they still have him as a Chicago bull...🤷‍♂️

I’m guessing it Changes tomorrow when he officially joins the team. 

• Thanks 1

This dude is now a Youtuber? oh boy. Well I am already onboard. Burned some of those FAABs for Melo. Can't back up now. Leggo

6 minutes ago, ginocan said:

This dude is now a Youtuber? oh boy. Well I am already onboard. Burned some of those FAABs for Melo. Can't back up now. Leggo

Melo had to make money somehow when he was chilling as a FA lol

The Blazers need defense, rebounding and some scoring punch. Melo can only provide one of those three and the one he provides may or may not fit the system depending on what he's been doing the past year. Plus he's 35 years old and that's likely going to out a damper on how many minutes he can handle. 

I think in deep leagues that Nassir Little is a strong long term add. He defends at a high level, he rebounds, he plays high energy, he's fast and athletic. He can do a little of everything on offense. I think he continues to see minutes around or above 20MPG. He limits Melo's upside. He's the future.

50 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

The Blazers need defense, rebounding and some scoring punch. Melo can only provide one of those three and the one he provides may or may not fit the system depending on what he's been doing the past year. Plus he's 35 years old and that's likely going to out a damper on how many minutes he can handle. 

I think in deep leagues that Nassir Little is a strong long term add. He defends at a high level, he rebounds, he plays high energy, he's fast and athletic. He can do a little of everything on offense. I think he continues to see minutes around or above 20MPG. He limits Melo's upside. He's the future.

15pts 5 rebs would be doable by Melo, but we just need to wait and see.

1 hour ago, memo said:

15pts 5 rebs would be doable by Melo, but we just need to wait and see.

He hasn't played in over a year.

Last season he played he barely broke 13PPG in 29MPG.

He's now 35.5 years old.

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 1

I hope he does great, and he gets a good retirement tour. I remember going to NY to see him play in MSG, it was unreal! 

However, I think best-case scenario he gets 13-4-3 on 42%FG, with very low stocks.

He can only be rostered in standard leagues for nostalgic fans, but you'll find better value on the WW.

Shooting over a 5'7" ball boy is a little easier than what he'll face tonight. Let's see what he does.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Blazers are so confident in what he brings to the table that his contract doesn't even guarantee until some point in January.

2 hours ago, Spyplane said:

He hasn't played in over a year.

Last season he played he barely broke 13PPG in 29MPG.

He's now 35.5 years old.

context is everything... he played 10 games for a coach that hated him.

yea before he averaged 16 and 6... year before that 22 and 6...

im not saying he will put up those numbers, but lets all just wait and see if he gets the proper opportunity to prove himself before making judgements, from either side

• Like 1

lillard out tonight. Melo gonna eat boys! 3/10 fg 3/4 ft 1 3pointer, 10 pts, 3 reb, 1 a**, 0, 0, 1 TO. Book it 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

context is everything... he played 10 games for a coach that hated him.

yea before he averaged 16 and 6... year before that 22 and 6...

im not saying he will put up those numbers, but lets all just wait and see if he gets the proper opportunity to prove himself before making judgements, from either side

In terms of productivity in the mid-30's, once the decline occurs it very rarely rebounds. Context is every. So why hasn't he played in over a year?

2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

In terms of productivity in the mid-30's, once the decline occurs it very rarely rebounds. Context is every. So why hasn't he played in over a year?

my point was dont take the houston gig as the outlier.

he hasnt played in a year becuase he was being portrayed as ONLY joining a team to be a starter based on a comment he made while with OKC. which he even last year clarified that HE WOULD come off the bench if asked to....

he can still score in this league with ease.

10 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

my point was dont take the houston gig as the outlier.

he hasnt played in a year becuase he was being portrayed as ONLY joining a team to be a starter based on a comment he made while with OKC. which he even last year clarified that HE WOULD come off the bench if asked to....

he can still score in this league with ease.

If he can score with ease he didn't show it in Houston. Mike asked him to do it and he couldn't. Hate wasn't causing the rim to move, was it?

Edited by Spyplane
  • Haha 2

well, hopefully we can come back here tonight after this first outing and debate after the eye test

1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

If he can score with ease he didn't show it in Houston. Mike asked him to do it and he couldn't. Hate wasn't causing the rim to move, was it?

again, context.... making Melo a 3 point spot up shooter is not going to work...his game is mid range from the elbows....playing with Harden its sit behind the 3 pt line and wait

time will tell. we'll see how he does but i find it hard to beleive one of the best scorers the game has seen just forgot how to score

1 hour ago, memo said:

well, hopefully we can come back here tonight after this first outing and debate after the eye test

oh and im sure people will make final conclusions based on 1 game from being out for a year lol

give it time people. judge a few months in.