heero78

Carmelo Anthony 2019-2020 Outlook

I'm probably gonna still hold for now, since dame isn't playing and this is his first game back in the league since last year. 

• Like 1

Just now, shiftysaj said:

I'm probably gonna still hold for now, since dame isn't playing and this is his first game back in the league since last year. 

But good god those TO's are not pretty at all 

Said it in the week 5 WW thread earlier today: Nas is the real add. He's ******** crushing it tonight now and so he's now no longer under the radar.

3 minutes ago, shiftysaj said:

He's just not good anymore...hasn't been for a while and there's no real upside here. Best to just accept it and move on.

1 minute ago, Spyplane said:

Melo is -19 and is at risk of fouling out. He's a human pylon.

Let’s wait until he plays a trash team. Ha

20 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

I'll be that guy. Dude is a -15 with 4 turnovers and no assists on 3-9. I mean I get people wanna see this dude succeed but man he is washed...and we know there isn't gonna be any defense. Some will call this game rust...I just say it is who he is at this point.

I think he's probably washed, but the guy hasn't played pro ball in a year and barely had any time to practice with the team. One game doesn't really tell you anything. And I say this as someone who considers him one of my least favorite players of all time. 

His game wasn't fantasy friendly to begin with so hopefully people knew what to expect. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Said it in the week 5 WW thread earlier today: Nas is the real add. He's ******** crushing it tonight now and so he's now no longer under the radar.

You talking about the guy with 4 fouls in just 18 min of play?

Are you joking or are you serious? Nas came into this game shooting 32.4% from the field and has gotten almost fouled out of all of his past 3 games

3 minutes ago, blazeh said:

kinda what was expected, but yikes if your not punting fg or to. massive hit with no return

If you're not punting everything it's a massive hit. 😅

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

Melo is gonna get 3 assists a game? Based on what? He hasn't hit that mark since 2015-16 and was at 1.3 in 32 minutes on OKC. 

o i meant just tonight's game... but he does look pretty rusty, just gonna keep onto him for couple of weeks tho..

3 minutes ago, grassoli said:

You talking about the guy with 4 fouls in just 18 min of play?

Are you joking or are you serious? Nas came into this game shooting 32.4% from the field and has gotten almost fouled out of all of his past 3 games

You didn't ask me what kind of league I'm in. Are you serious?

He's 12, 10, 1, 1,2 tonight on 1.000 shooting. 

19 years old. 

Edited by Spyplane

I dont wanna play devils advocate but i can tell some of you are only looking at the boxscore. The shots are there, the mins are there and hes being used in a scoring role. Really seems like POR is all in for him and its really the best situation for a redemption. If you can hold Conley until now then you should be able to hold Melo for a couple weeks. 🤣

Edited by Illdrago
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

To give him credit, the attempted dunk on Hayes took some balls after a year off. Personally, I'll give him another game hopefully which Dame will be back so that we will have a better idea of his supposed role on this team. Again, people have to be logical about this and the size of your league is definitely a factor. He's an easy drop for me for 12 teamers and below. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eltoro said:

I think he's probably washed, but the guy hasn't played pro ball in a year and barely had any time to practice with the team. One game doesn't really tell you anything. And I say this as someone who considers him one of my least favorite players of all time. 

His game wasn't fantasy friendly to begin with so hopefully people knew what to expect. 

I hear you when it's just one game. FWIW I think he's been washed for about 3 years or so. You could see it was trending downhill his last year on the Knicks, especially towards the end...and it's just gotten worse since. I think father time caught up to him and he has simply refused to accept it and play within his limitations. Also, the fact that he is atrocious on D, or doesn't even try, sure makes matters worse. Pretty much a negative in all facets of the game at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Illdrago said:

I dont wanna play devils advocate but i can tell some of you are only looking at the boxscore. The shots are there, the mins are there and hes being used in a scoring role. Really seems like POR is all in for him and its really the best situation for a redemption.

No I’m actually watching the game with a glass of whiskey. 4/14, bad shots, whiffing on defense (almost James Harden esque) tried to block a shot and failed. 5 turnovers and silly 5 fouls

3 hours ago, Quazza said:

same - literally did it for the lols

#worthit

2 minutes ago, Illdrago said:

I dont wanna play devils advocate but i can tell some of you are only looking at the boxscore. The shots are there, the mins are there and hes being used in a scoring role. Really seems like POR is all in for him and its really the best situation for a redemption. If you can hold Conley until now then you should be able to hold Melo for a couple weeks. 🤣

He barely shot 40% his last full season and also when he played last year. Not looking at box scores here, have seen him play in this game and in years past...he's just looks washed up, and has looked that way for some time. Sure he will have his games where the shots fall...but it won't be that often and he literally does nothing else but grab a few boards.

8 minutes ago, Illdrago said:

We're watching the game live too.

If you are watching this game right now and encouraged by what you're seeing from Melo, your standards are probably just lower than the rest of ours.

• Like 1