heero78

Carmelo Anthony 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

You didn't ask me what kind of league I'm in. Are you serious?

 

He's 12, 10, 1, 1,2 tonight on 1.000 shooting. 

 

19 years old. 

Forgot to mention. +5 right now and everyone else is in the red. Fouls are ok if you're playing agressive defense while everyone else is dogging it on defense.

Edited by Spyplane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

I hear you when it's just one game. FWIW I think he's been washed for about 3 years or so. You could see it was trending downhill his last year on the Knicks, especially towards the end...and it's just gotten worse since. I think father time caught up to him and he has simply refused to accept it and play within his limitations. Also, the fact that he is atrocious on D, or doesn't even try, sure makes matters worse. Pretty much a negative in all facets of the game at this point.

 

Let's not beat around the bush. He's been buns ever since he got traded from the Nuggets ( ridiculous package that was btw ). Him and AI were alright, but other than that...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, grassoli said:

We're watching the game live too.

If you are watching this game right now and encouraged by what you're seeing from Melo, your standards are probably just lower than the rest of ours.

He might be in a 40 team league. Enough with the assumptions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trench Mob said:

 

Let's not beat around the bush. He's been buns ever since he got traded from the Nuggets ( ridiculous package that was btw ). Him and AI were alright, but other than that...

Lol yeah it was. I have never been a fan of his game honestly. I will admit he was once a great scorer and had some really good fantasy years. But, he has never elevated teammates or gave a care in the world on defense. All he ever seemed to care about was scoring and or getting his, no matter what. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna be "Not bad, not good" guy.

Watched most of the game, and yeah ... he did look pretty bad. His jumper looked fine though it wasn't going in, so I'll attribute that to rust.  Had some silly fouls and TOs that I'll also attribute to him just not being on the court for a while. The bigger concern is that his age is showing; his defense was pretty awful and even though he was never a leaper and had no lift on his shot with Houston or OKC, he can't shoot over anyone at all anymore (got blocked a bunch, some on jumpers).  

But for the pros ... That jumper still looks great, and they STILL kept feeding him even though he was in foul trouble and missing shots.  The box scores show that his FG% was awful, yet I think that volume shows trust.  They brought him in to do one thing, which is score, so at least they tried to keep him involved.  Sure, it was his marquee game and Lillard wasn't there, but I'm gonna hold him.  He got 24 minutes in a game where they were supposed to keep him at 20.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

 

Let's not beat around the bush. He's been buns ever since he got traded from the Nuggets ( ridiculous package that was btw ). Him and AI were alright, but other than that...

 

He averaged 25 7 and 3 with 1.8 threes in his time with the Knicks, no need to do him dirty like that. I swear people speak about washed ex-superstars like Melo and Dwight as if they were always garbage.

edit: He literally won the scoring title while he was with the Knicks, SMH.

Edited by JStyles
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MWon said:

I'm gonna be "Not bad, not good" guy.

Watched most of the game, and yeah ... he did look pretty bad. His jumper looked fine though it wasn't going in, so I'll attribute that to rust.  Had some silly fouls and TOs that I'll also attribute to him just not being on the court for a while. The bigger concern is that his age is showing; his defense was pretty awful and even though he was never a leaper and had no lift on his shot with Houston or OKC, he can't shoot over anyone at all anymore (got blocked a bunch, some on jumpers).  

But for the pros ... That jumper still looks great, and they STILL kept feeding him even though he was in foul trouble and missing shots.  The box scores show that his FG% was awful, yet I think that volume shows trust.  They brought him in to do one thing, which is score, so at least they tried to keep him involved.  Sure, it was his marquee game and Lillard wasn't there, but I'm gonna hold him.  He got 24 minutes in a game where they were supposed to keep him at 20.

Portland wants him to stuff the stat sheet so they don’t look like idiots for signing him lmao 😂

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

Portland wants him to stuff the stat sheet so they don’t look like idiots for signing him lmao 😂

 

He's actually a great stat stuffer if you count FG misses, fouls, and TOs.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW he started the game with 1 shootaround, hasn't played in the NBA in over a year, and Dame was out. Better days ahead for Melo, he cant go out like this lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the game as well, the owners should be pleased with his role (starting, 14 fgs, 24 minutes after a whole year out) rather than his performance.

Unfortunately Little played his best game, we'll see, hold imo in points leagues for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Portland would be foolish to start an ISO mid range ball hog with pathetic defense and rebounding next to Dame and CJ. Nasir Little is a much better fit in the starting lineup.

He can provide some scoring punch off the bench, but that makes his ceiling Jordan Clarkson. Might as well just pick up Clarkson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, grassoli said:

So is anyone here actually keeping him on their roster? If so, why?

 

I'm holding for the upside of 13 ppg on 35% shooting 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could've sworn I started everyone at the beginning of the week, but for some reason he was benched when I checked. I was pretty mad till I watched the game. Now I'm thinking it's divine intervention that benched him for me. Thanks God.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...