heero78

Carmelo Anthony 2019-2020 Outlook

ESPN Is reporting that Melo was told by the Blazers he’d be starting and would have a major role on the team.  This supposedly played a major factor in Melo signing there....like he had other options, but whatever.

If that’s true Melo then believes he’s still a leader/top player and will bury the team and fantasy owners with his inefficiency.  I’d stay far, far away as I was assuming he’d had been humbled and maybe would become more of a team player.

• Like 1

Melo talking to the media like his contract is guaranteed, he can still get waived if he continues to play like last night or isn't impacting the game in some way by Jan. I want to see this guy succeed but he's awful defensively and awful off the ball on a ball dominant team I just don't think it'll work and I hope I'm wrong. 

5 Turnovers, no assists, 3 of 10 shooting, and zero defense.  IN THE FIRST HALF!!!

I'm going to enjoy this train wreck.  He should kneel for the next anthem to detract the stink away from his game.

3 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

Portland would be foolish to start an ISO mid range ball hog with pathetic defense and rebounding next to Dame and CJ. Nasir Little is a much better fit in the starting lineup.

He can provide some scoring punch off the bench, but that makes his ceiling Jordan Clarkson. Might as well just pick up Clarkson.

Hes a totally different player than Clarkson. What kind of league you playing, points?

47 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Hes a totally different player than Clarkson. What kind of league you playing, points?

Both players can provide empty, inefficient points and not much else. 

Clarkson is currently averaging 14.6 ppg  2.2 rebs 2.4 assists 1.5 threes on 42.9% shooting. What is your prediction for Melo's line ROS? How will it be much different than Clarkson's save for maybe a couple more boards?

Edited by Purple Hippo

Dang, lots of hate.  

Give him a few more games.  I'm not especially high on him either, since he looked pretty awful and has a ton of red flags, but he'll probably need more than just one game to acclimate after being gone from the NBA for a year.

Also, (and I'm being totally serious) does anyone think he'll rest vs the Bucks?  I can't imagine the Blazers even thinking of him guarding Giannis.

27 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

Both players can provide empty, inefficient points and not much else. 

Clarkson is currently averaging 14.6 ppg  2.2 rebs 2.4 assists 1.5 threes on 42.9% shooting. What is your prediction for Melo's line ROS? How will it be much different than Clarkson's save for maybe a couple more boards?

You're making a pretty big assumption on a player who just started getting minutes in his rookie year at age 19. His last two game averages:

11.5 Pts, 9 Reb, 1.5 Ast, 1 Stl, 1 Blk, 1 3PTM.

1 minute ago, Spyplane said:

You're making a pretty big assumption on a player who just started getting minutes in his rookie year at age 19. His last two game averages:

11.5 Pts, 9 Reb, 1.5 Ast, 1 Stl, 1 Blk, 1 3PTM.

Huh? I was talking about Melo and Clarkson being the same type player right now. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

Huh? I was talking about Melo and Clarkson being the same type player right now. 

Oh my bad, I thought you were saying Little was like Clarkson. I was lost.

• Like 2

Even his last season in NY when he averaged 22ppg he was still awful for fantasy. Dude is a gunner and honestly the blazers are weak for signing him. PR stunt imo for attention and trying to make the franchise relevant. They’re gonna pay when he starts messing up the rhythm. 

2 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

Even his last season in NY when he averaged 22ppg he was still awful for fantasy. Dude is a gunner and honestly the blazers are weak for signing him. PR stunt imo for attention and trying to make the franchise relevant. They’re gonna pay when he starts messing up the rhythm. 

How is top 50-60 bad for fantasy during his last season in NY?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

They've made the playoffs in a loaded Western Conference for 6 straight years and this will probably be the 7th

but sure

anyway id try and hold just to see but wouldn't hold if literally anything of interest is on the WW

So the Blazers, who crushed it last year but then made a bunch of changes which totally failed, opted to sign Melo in order to draw even more attention to their off-season failures.... Because management likes unemployment? Not following here. 😕

a lot of injuries tonight...lest see  (fg🤣) vs good team/defense

Edited by Rejects

Melo can't and won't get it done. We will be seeing the same situation with Westbrook in a few years when his explosiveness is gone. Some players aren't equipped to change their game, melo is that guy. He's not willing to adapt even after no one wanted him and brings nothing to the table except bad fg% and probably good locker room presence. 

9 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

why is he trying to take it at Giannis.. what does he think is gonna happen? 

Wtf do you want him to do, sit out because he doesn't wanna play against Giannis? Obviously if he can't guard him the coach will sub him out.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, yeet said:

Wtf do you want him to do, sit out because he doesn't wanna play against Giannis? Obviously if he can't guard him the coach will sub him out.

Accept the fact that he’s no longer much of an athlete and have some awareness? Not try to take Giannis to the basket because Giannis will steal the ball or block it?.... which Giannis did... Melo needs to go full Vince Carter and just shoot 3s

I can't wait for this experiment to be over. Melo can contribute, but there is no reason he should be starting. He's been a net negative for 4 years! Stop it already. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, tremixt said:

I can't wait for this experiment to be over. Melo can contribute, but there is no reason he should be starting. He's been a net negative for 4 years! Stop it already. 

Nostalgia

Oh ya'll quiet now huh ... LMAOOOOOO nah jk i'm not gonna get hype over this cause there is still a whole other qtr left 😂

1 minute ago, shiftysaj said:

Oh ya'll quiet now huh ... LMAOOOOOO nah jk i'm not gonna get hype over this cause there is still a whole other qtr left 😂

This is not the vent/rant thread.

Watching Giannis vs. Melo is literally like watching past and future. Giannis is 6'11", compared to 6'8" Melo. Giannis is a beast in every aspect of the game. Melo was a 2-dimensional classic PF from the 00s, Giannis is what the best at the same position looks like today.

Obvious?

• Like 1