Sign in to follow this  
brickcitymamba

what's Batum's value? WHIR

League and team in signature. I'm doing terribly on the assist front, with Curry sidelined, Conley posting fairly trash dime numbers and so forth. The reemergence of Batum is interesting in this sense, as he - washed or not, I don't know - has had a penchant for versatile statlines over the course of his career. Being in a 10 team league, do I pick him up? Sato should help me with assists and etc, but he's mis- and underused in Boylen's dog**** excuse for basketball that's played at Chicago right now. Yet, I've held onto him, because he too has potential on this front. The only other possible drop is, I'd say, Bridges, but his upside is still big enough for me to hold him, right?

TLDR for previous text - Batum now in league, do I have a drop and do I have any reason for expecting him to produce some low-key solid lines?

No rondo or Payton on the wire? If not batum is a good option. I think he will get the minutes. Probably post rondo like numbers 7-5-5-1

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Portis4Potus said:

No rondo or Payton on the wire? If not batum is a good option. I think he will get the minutes. Probably post rondo like numbers 7-5-5-1

Both are taken, Batum and Winslow (only dropped today, on waivers) probably have the most assist upside on the wire. Unless Fultz or Delon start getting more chances. I'm tryna work out a 2-for-1 to create a free spot for a pickup, but if that doesn't work, do you think one of Sato or Miles is droppable, or someone else?

Winslow is going to have really good upside when he comes back.  Crazy that you get PG, SF and PF eligibility on Yahoo too.  Just look at the first three games he played to know what he's capable of, though obviously Butler being out helped with that.  Still Butler spoke very highly of him the other day and it has me thinking he's going to go right back to being a big part of the offense.  I agree with those who say drop Sato.  Like you said, his usage in this offense is going to keep his upside limited.

Also keep Fultz on your watch list.  Coach may be playing games but they keep talking about his minutes increasing as the season goes on.  Fans on the Magic subreddit are enamored with Fultz and think he's a big part of the future of the team, as well as the near future if his minutes go up.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Winslow is going to have really good upside when he comes back.  Crazy that you get PG, SF and PF eligibility on Yahoo too.  Just look at the first three games he played to know what he's capable of, though obviously Butler being out helped with that.  Still Butler spoke very highly of him the other day and it has me thinking he's going to go right back to being a big part of the offense.  I agree with those who say drop Sato.  Like you said, his usage in this offense is going to keep his upside limited.

Also keep Fultz on your watch list.  Coach may be playing games but they keep talking about his minutes increasing as the season goes on.  Fans on the Magic subreddit are enamored with Fultz and think he's a big part of the future of the team, as well as the near future if his minutes go up.

Hoping Winslow clears waivers (#2 waiver in a 10 team league, probably a bit extreme to use it in this case?) so I can make the drop, but indeed, monitoring Fultz's progress. I'm worried about how this Magic team moves the ball, though. Nominally, he's their starting point guard, but - I haven't watched them play at all or if I have, then only for a minuscule amount of time - the assist stats are mighty low, and that's what I'm after. Hopefully he can improve there.

22 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

Hoping Winslow clears waivers (#2 waiver in a 10 team league, probably a bit extreme to use it in this case?) so I can make the drop, but indeed, monitoring Fultz's progress. I'm worried about how this Magic team moves the ball, though. Nominally, he's their starting point guard, but - I haven't watched them play at all or if I have, then only for a minuscule amount of time - the assist stats are mighty low, and that's what I'm after. Hopefully he can improve there.

Yeah I've only watched one Magic game a few weeks ago, and it was basically Fultz bring the ball up, hand it off to someone else and let the offense run and hope it comes back to him.  Between that and the low assists its clear he isn't really facilitating the offense, and I don't know how much I expect that to change, or if the best we can expect is a decent points guys with some rebounds and assists but good steals and percentages.  I just know the Magic fans are over the moon for the guy and that's why I've been hanging onto him in hope of some kind of breakout.  But like you've observed, it may not be one that entails him fully running the show and piling up assists.  Like I said, he's worth keeping an eye on at least.

As for whether you use the waiver on Winslow, in my personal opinion if you have a waiver that high it might be best saved for when somebody makes a completely boneheaded drop.  I had the #3 waiver and someone dropped Gordon Hayward in my 12 team league because they literally have four guys with INJ designations and we only have one IL slot.  I'm sure they regretted it, but that's the type of move I've been holding my waiver for.  I personally picked up Winslow as a FA acquisition and he was sitting there for well over a week before I picked him up.

It depends on whether you think guys will put a waiver in on him.  Honestly there hasn't been a whole lot of news on his return, things have been very quiet in general.  Because of this perhaps nobody will be very excited about him?  I don't feel like he's been getting a whole lot of hype so there's a chance he slips through.  It's your call, but 1) we don't even know how great Winslow's numbers will be once things normalize with all the youngsters having come on and Butler being back and 2) somebody may make a head scratching drop that you want to be first in line for, and in a ten man league I could see this happening.  You could always try to make [non team specific/non assistant coach] inquiries in the Winslow thread to gauge his prospective value.

• Thanks 1

well i would not get batum. he is fairly droppable and has low low end value.  being in a 10 team league you should probably have better options now.  

• Like 1

Bumping this once more rather than making a new thread - Kris Dunn is back at it, displaying his roto-friendly, assist-heavy upside. Who's the better pick out of him and Winslow? Rotation/usage concerns for both, but either one could pay off.