Zangief80

Jonathan Williams 2019 Outlook

I think at worst here Williams is the short yardage power goal line back. My fear is full blown RBBC. Wilkins has shown good burst every time he gets a carry or two spelling Mack. 

4 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

I think at worst here Williams is the short yardage power goal line back. My fear is full blown RBBC. Wilkins has shown good burst every time he gets a carry or two spelling Mack. 

It is a tricky one as I like what I have seen from both Wilkins and Williams.  Mack is a solid RB too and Hines can do some good things in the passing game. Hines has 81 targets this year so far and I don't expect that to change much.

Good problem to have for the Colts, sucks for fantasy purposes. 

• Like 1

I somehow got Williams & Wilkins. So either one winning the job is fine. Just praying it isn’t a 33/33/33 RBBC

Wilkins was getting run even with Mack healthy, so I'd be downright shocked if Williams has already passed him the depth chart.

• Haha 1

Im of the thinking that Wilkins going from DNPs to limited might not mean much- I'm speculative stashing until tomorrow, and if Wilkins is active, I may pivot to Hines as a flex in 0.5 or full PPR. I think he could have opportunity to play catchup as well as hidden goal line opportunities. Anyways, it's very muddy, but I'd be happy to start Williams tomorrow as a flex if Wilkins is out. 

11 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Im of the thinking that Wilkins going from DNPs to limited might not mean much- I'm speculative stashing until tomorrow, and if Wilkins is active, I may pivot to Hines as a flex in 0.5 or full PPR. I think he could have opportunity to play catchup as well as hidden goal line opportunities. Anyways, it's very muddy, but I'd be happy to start Williams tomorrow as a flex if Wilkins is out. 

Hines is the safest start in any PPR format. Watson is going to be out for blood in this one. I have Williams and Wilkins but I would not second guess starting Hines if I had him.

1 hour ago, Steve-O said:

I need Wilkins to be OUT

Wilkins was listed as "full" practice today and didn't even get a questionable designation:

can't necessarily speak to Reich's affinity for a bellcow, but the "hot hand" approach would seem to be a ripe plucking point here - Williams is cookin' right now - feed this beast, ride that momentum 👌

Wilkins may be a tad rusty ... 

also note that Howstin is very stout against the run ... gonna be hard earned yds for whomever the bell(cow) tolls 🤷‍♂️

Wilkins was removed from the injury report meaning that he'll play on Thursday.  Now us Williams owners need to hope for 10-12 carries and red zone/goal-line work.

14 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Wilkins was removed from the injury report meaning that he'll play on Thursday.  Now us Williams owners need to hope for 10-12 carries and red zone/goal-line work.

I’m going to have to pivot to a different option. I’ve always liked Williams, and he looked good last week, but I can’t ignore that Wilkins was ahead of him already on the depth chart and was getting some run even with Mack playing. 

• Haha 1

Wilkins coming back+ TNF game+ Game plan Uncertainty + Texans rush D vs plodding RBs = '

Bench Him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really liked this guy a couple years ago. He has the talent. And it was on display last week. Completely forgot he existed. Think he does well on a short week. I think he is the handcuff to own in Indy between him and Wilkins.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Probably CSB but what type of players would the ones that are bullish on him start him over? He can't be considered any higher than RB3/flex..

I’m starting over lat Murray. I put in a waiver for deebo samuels and if i get him Illl have a decision to make but would prob still go Williams. Watching him play and get so hyped up and never stop churning showed me a highly motivated player. I remember when he almost wrestled the starting gig away from a younger and closer to prime LeSean McCoy a couple years ago too. He is hungry and desperate for a role

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Probably CSB but what type of players would the ones that are bullish on him start him over? He can't be considered any higher than RB3/flex..

It's a mess down there, man. Pick your poison. Scarbrough, Guice, R. Freeman, J. Williams, Ballage. God damn trenches down there.

4 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

It's a mess down there, man. Pick your poison. Scarbrough, Guice, R. Freeman, J. Williams, Ballage. God damn trenches down there.

Ronald Jones, Ty Johnson, Brian Hill

3 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Wonder how much they trust him. Could be a full blown committee. But if he's the guy, with his downhill running style, and that O-line... Watch out. 

5 minutes ago, herschel said:

Who’s rolling him out there?

I am, but I don't have any other options.  

RB's - Zeke, MG3, Conner, Jwilliams, Pollard

Have to roll out 2. MG3 on a bye. Conner most likely not playing so it's either williams or pollard.  

6 minutes ago, herschel said:

(Raises hand)  I'm happy that Williams was named the starter but that could mean anything.  It could mean that he starts and gets most of the carries or he just starts and rotates series' with Jordan Wilkins in a committee.  Obviously I'm hoping that he gets most of the carries.  

8 minutes ago, herschel said:

If anyone credible confirms Crapoport's speculation I am.  I have him on a team that is 7-4 but deserves to be about 5-6 and there's no better way to try to stop a tailspin than to fire up a player you just heard of last week on a Thursday night.

• Haha 3