Zangief80

Jonathan Williams 2019 Outlook

29 minutes ago, herschel said:

Who’s rolling him out there?

I am in one league with Ekeler on bye and Freeman injured. Not much else.

League. Winner. Let's face it, Mack has never looked good. With that O-line, 120 yards 2 tds tonight minimum. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

This guy used to look to so good when he was on the Bills. League winner right here. 

If they make him the main back he could be a possible league winner but Wilkins is healthy now.  Wilkins was the main backup before he got hurt and also looked good spelling Mack.  It will be interesting to see how they are used tonight.

Really troubling to see Wilkins removed from injury report. Williams named as starter is a good confirmation but remember that Wilkins was getting a lot of RZ looks before he got injured. The real value here is the td looks as Hines will probably get all of the receptions here. It's hard to return RB2 numbers without receptions unless you're super efficient running the ball or with TDs. Hines will probably get goal line snaps if it's goal and longer than 4 yards on later downs too.

1 minute ago, draincity said:

League. Winner. Let's face it, Mack has never looked good. With that O-line, 120 yards 2 tds tonight minimum. 

That would be something but don't jinx him.  I've been in plenty of threads touting new starters stating they'll go bonkers and they end up with a Kalen Ballage-type game.

3 minutes ago, draincity said:

Never looked good? He was 5th in the league in rushing with a 4.5 ypc average... What???

Edited by WaiverLooter

I don’t know about you guys but I just can’t trust starting any Indy running back tonight. 

can you? 

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

I don’t know about you guys but I just can’t trust starting any Indy running back tonight. 

can you? 

The one who is starting and is coming off a tremendous performance. This isn't complicated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Biggest scare is he "starts"

Then splits with Wilkins

Or wilkins looks better during game and they go the hot hand

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

The one who is starting and is coming off a tremendous performance. This isn't complicated. 

I agree that was a tremendous performance but Wilkins is the backup to Mack. Last week Wilkins went out with and injury paving the way for Williams. Wilkins is healthy so don’cha think he could be the man tonight? 

Right, but I guess my point is all these dudes have risk

For me, what if guice gets 5 carries and Peterson is the bell cow

what if Ballage loses run to P Laird, etc etc etc

there’s no guarantee. If anything, I’d be more turned off that Colts fall behind...but TY being back should help them move the ball.

Alot of risks(then again everyone is a risk in fantasy)

But colts offensive line one of the best. If williams preforms and gets touches ,could have an RB1 type week

16 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

The performance when Wilkins wasn’t active?  That performance?  Wilkins is back which in fact does make it complicated.  You can’t expect a repeat.

13 minutes ago, topshelf10 said:

Biggest scare is he "starts"

Then splits with Wilkins

Or wilkins looks better during game and they go the hot hand

This.  That's what I think will happen.  Williams will start but they'll likely go with the hot hand as the game progresses.

Is everyone forgetting that the Colts may be playing from behind because Watson will shred that arse?  Hines could have the biggest game of all 3.

Feels like a major desperation move to start him with Wilkins healthy and expect 10+ pts. All comes down to your other options. Oh yeah, it's also Thursday night where nothing ever works out.

• Like 1

He likely won't get a Mack-type workload with Wilkins healthy, unfortunately. So he'll probably have to be efficient with sub-20 touch volume. And the Colts obviously have no loyalty here so if Wilkins has a good series we might be in trouble. 

Not to mention, these guys will get very limited work in the passing game and are probably barely flex worthy in any PPR league. 

Edited by LongBalls

6 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Is everyone forgetting that the Colts may be playing from behind because Watson will shred that arse?  Hines could have the biggest game of all 3.

This is the dilemma I am facing. In full PPR, Hines may very well be the best bet. 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Joshua said:

Oh yeah, it's also Thursday night where nothing ever works out.

I also call those Sundays and Mondays. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Is everyone forgetting that the Colts may be playing from behind because Watson will shred that arse? 

There's a first time for everything, I guess. The only time the Texans and Watson have 'shred that arse' since 2016 they won on an OT field goal. 

28 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

can you? 

Negative , this is a failed mission I want no part of. 

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

Negative , this is a failed mission I want no part of. 

The only thing I'm trying to decide is whether to keep him on my bench or just go ahead and drop him ahead of the game 

• Like 1