Zangief80

Jonathan Williams 2019 Outlook

Seems like one of those waiver guys that people fade because he doesn’t pop or whatever, meanwhile he’ll win people weeks because of his situation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WaltSopchak said:

He doesn’t have a ton of carries but is top 5 in the league for yards after contact. Guys like Jordan Howard and Chris Carson come to mind. Generating yards after contact is very underrated in the NFL and is definitely a top trait for a RB. Albeit, one that is most often overlooked and hardest to gauge until a player is on the field.

Yeah, he’s definitely solid and it helps having one of the best olines. I was just surprised by his lack of speed. Doesnt mean he isn’t a good back though. 

2 hours ago, herschel said:

No TY.  Indy gonna lean on the run again?

I would say that is a very likely scenario

Jurrell Casey is back, as is one of their better LBs Jayon Brown.  While I don't think Wilkins gets a huge amount of carries I wouldn't be surprised to see him actually worked in this game.  The first game with these defenders healthy Marlon Mack ran 20 times for 51 yards (Wilkins did have one big run to boost the overall rushing numbers).

[...]  Williams is surprising and looking better than expected but my expectations are tempered for this week.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

Good chance IND wants to grind out this game if Brissett is still not healthy and without their top passing weapons. Williams should be in line for a healthy amount of touches this week.

4 minutes ago, dmody91 said:

Looks like Mack is coming back soon

Unfortunately for owners of Mack and Williams, I think that when Mack returns it could be a committee with both Mack and Williams being used.  Probably something close to 60/40 and Williams might get the goal-line carries.

5 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Unfortunately for owners of Mack and Williams, I think that when Mack returns it could be a committee with both Mack and Williams being used.  Probably something close to 60/40 and Williams might get the goal-line carries.

Thats a very confident statement, considering its nothing more than an assumption.

55 minutes ago, Zangief80 said:

Thats a very confident statement, considering its nothing more than an assumption.

Williams has shown in the past 2 games that he is also capable of carrying the load and he has looked very good.  They are going to give him carries even when Mack returns.

6 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Williams has shown in the past 2 games that he is also capable of carrying the load and he has looked very good.  They are going to give him carries even when Mack returns.

Williams is not a rookie.  I think this has been discussed in previous posts.  But he is in a perfect situation to succeed.  Assuming he all of a sudden earned 40% of carries is a bold statement.  But its a possibility.

‘Perts seem to like him this week but cbs projections only have at 7 pts in PPR (I know neither are very reliable sources).  Fournette just did some damage against the Titans so hoping for more of the same from Williams and the colts.

does anyone know what happened?  I don't see an injury designation.  Was he ineffective or did Colts just not include him in game plan?  This underusage really came out of no-where, everything pointed to him having another big game.

5 hours ago, Buddha said:

does anyone know what happened?  I don't see an injury designation.  Was he ineffective or did Colts just not include him in game plan?  This underusage really came out of no-where, everything pointed to him having another big game.

Turns out he's just not that good at football. 

8 hours ago, mbell317 said:

Turns out he's just not that good at football. 

Based on what? He looked good the previous two weeks. And was pulled from the game this week. He wasn't playing awful. So I'm curious to know why he was pulled.

14 hours ago, Buddha said:

Very odd. Especially if you think about that Thursday night game where he was in exclusively on every down, Wilkins didn't even get a snap, and Hines maybe had 7 snaps. Now Mack is potentially coming back this week. 

1 hour ago, devaster said:

Based on what? He looked good the previous two weeks. And was pulled from the game this week. He wasn't playing awful. So I'm curious to know why he was pulled.

He had 14 yards on 8 carries.  Although a small sample size, thats pretty awful.

3 minutes ago, herschel said:

He had 14 yards on 8 carries.  Although a small sample size, thats pretty awful.

He's had 2 good games and 1 bad game since being given the bulk of the carries.  I would cut him slack for yesterday's game but Mack will be back soon anyway.  Williams isn't a bad rb at all.  He just had 1 bad game.

On 11/22/2019 at 8:58 AM, Toomuchsauce said:

4.0 per carry behind this O-Line. He really did nothing special. Hines actually had better and more efficient runs then him. This will be interesting going into next week. You figure this was on a short week and Wilkins coming back from injury must of have an impact on the gameplan. William a start until further notice but, I wouldn't be surprise if his workload gets reduce for week 13

that part

why doesn't people seem to understand Wilkins and Hines > this guy

Edited by Toomuchsauce

15 minutes ago, Toomuchsauce said:

that part

why doesn't people seem to understand Wilkins and Hines > this guy

Hines is a different skillset. But Wilkins? lol