stay_woke

Daniel Gafford 2019-2020 Outlook

Here's one for all you deep leaguers, 38th pick in this years draft for the Bulls. Called up from the G league to play backup center with Kornet out for the next week or so. I am watching a bit of the game and I gotta say he looks awesome. He's got a great motor and looks massive out there.

8-9 FG, 16 points, 4 boards, and a block at the half. He actually played 3 more minutes than WCJ in the half since the team was playing so much better with him in.

• Thanks 2

I think when I was tuning in, the important thing was he was playing C next to Lauri. He's not gonna overtake WC, but he looks like he can definitely give Kornet a run for his minutes.

I took a flier on him because I had someone to drop, but I'm ready to move on if he gets a DNP next game.

His energy and speed fits today's NBA, and he was pretty explosive tearing up the G league before getting assigned back to the Bulls.

We'll see what happens.

1 minute ago, jiiiggz said:

I think when I was tuning in, the important thing was he was playing C next to Lauri. He's not gonna overtake WC, but he looks like he can definitely give Kornet a run for his minutes.

I took a flier on him because I had someone to drop, but I'm ready to move on if he gets a DNP next game.

His energy and speed fits today's NBA, and he was pretty explosive tearing up the G league before getting assigned back to the Bulls.

We'll see what happens.

Is he a better option than Damion Jones right now? Contemplating the drop, might be risky because Jones might actually have a ROS role because when Collins comes back he can just play the 4. He has been decent so far but I had Gafford on my watchlist for a while now.

For us deep leaguers, we have to pounce asap. What league sizes and who are you dropping him for? 

1 minute ago, SicarioSanity said:

Is he a better option than Damion Jones right now? Contemplating the drop, might be risky because Jones might actually have a ROS role because when Collins comes back he can just play the 4. He has been decent so far but I had Gafford on my watchlist for a while now.

For us deep leaguers, we have to pounce asap. What league sizes and who are you dropping him for? 

Well in 13 minutes he's pretty much bested any line Damion has put up this season soooo.....

I picked him up in a 12 team points league because I was looking for any reason to drop Dwight Powell but who knows if he's on my team by the end of the week

30 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Well in 13 minutes he's pretty much bested any line Damion has put up this season soooo.....

I picked him up in a 12 team points league because I was looking for any reason to drop Dwight Powell but who knows if he's on my team by the end of the week

Picked him up my good man. This could be a nice ROS pickup! I love this forum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jessie said:

why? i don't see the hype

21-5-1 and 2 blocks (including one on Giannis) in 19 minutes. 

Shooting at 83%

If you're in a 12 or 14+ league definitely worth a shot at him. 

But ultimately the minutes won't be there long term you'd think. 

7 minutes ago, Jessie said:

why? i don't see the hype

Literally no one is hyping him.

It's a dart at upside. Minutes is key but nobody should trust Jim Boylan.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jiiiggz said:

Literally no one is hyping him.

It's a dart at upside. Minutes is key but nobody should trust Jim Boylan.

Exactly this. 

I'm in a 14 team league. I'll take the free hit at him, doesn't pan out.. will move on to the next hot free agent. 

He's a rim running athletic big that can give you that Tyson Chandler type of production (6 dunks tonite). I was high on him as a potential lottery pick in 2018, so for the Bulls to get him in the second round this past year is a steal for them. If they run a four man big unit of WCJ-Lauri-Thad-Gafford, he can get 20 mpg. Kornet is the likely odd man out here.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, SicarioSanity said:

Picked him up my good man. This could be a nice ROS pickup! I love this forum.

This forum.is. 💘

• Like 2

i mean, what's the excuse not to play him?

He had a great summer league, a great preseason, the whole Bulls fanbase is pissed at the coach for keeping him out/sending him to the GL. Lauri underperforming, WCJ pretty much the same. He didn't play the 4th quarter and they actually lost after he kept them in the game.

Edited by doomz
  • Like 2

Most of his buckets were lobs 

The scouting report will be out on him next game but w that said I picked him up too lol 

Can we expect 20-25 minutes? Not familiar with Boylen. I don't want to drop Wagner for him yet. lol

High energy rim runner, very mobile/athletic.

Edited by MysticPeak