stay_woke

Daniel Gafford 2019-2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)

Gafford's gettin Boylened, unreal this guy...smh...still think Gafford's gonna rock, will just need to prove it again I guess... 

Image result for jim boylen

Edited by dfstout

So do we think Thad will have more value than Gafford then? Could it be that he just doesn't want to overwhelm Gafford by inserting him directly into the starting lineup but overall he will still take the majority of Center minutes?

5 minutes ago, FantasyMamba said:

So do we think Thad will have more value than Gafford then? Could it be that he just doesn't want to overwhelm Gafford by inserting him directly into the starting lineup but overall he will still take the majority of Center minutes?

It's build and league dependent but it's Gafford imo just because he'll help you in FG% and blocks big time whereas Young is just kinda meh across the board and will actively drag down your FG%.  If you're desperate for the stuff Young would provide (occasional three, some steals, some points) there are better guys probably on your waiver.

1 minute ago, laurilegend said:

It's build and league dependent but it's Gafford imo just because he'll help you in FG% and blocks big time whereas Young is just kinda meh across the board and will actively drag down your FG%.  If you're desperate for the stuff Young would provide (occasional three, some steals, some points) there are better guys probably on your waiver.

As a starter thad is actually really good. He definitely doesn't drag down ur fg% wth? Hes been a career 50% shooter...

He'll get plenty of steals.

If you want steals u go with thad, blocks u go with gafford. Simple

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sfektz said:

As a starter thad is actually really good. He definitely doesn't drag down ur fg% wth? Hes been a career 50% shooter...

He'll get plenty of steals.

If you want steals u go with thad, blocks u go with gafford. Simple

bruh imma stop you right there.  1st, do you watch the Bulls every night like I do?  Thad Young is being used as a primary playmaker at times.  He's wildly overmatched in this stupid a** role Boylen has him playing.  As such, he's shooting black hole.  And he doesn't contribute positive in anything except steals.   There's a reason he's currently ranked 224 on standard 9 cat on #basketball.

Dude, come on, you gotta come with facts at me:

young.thumb.png.40a7d2b85c0fdb63c891abe424593ad9.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Coming off the bench may not be the worst thing for Gafford owners.  He should still see 25mpg and he’ll be playing against the back up big on the opposing team.  Might be easier for him to put up numbers playing with the 2nd unit.  Let’s give it a couple games to see how it shakes out

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

bruh imma stop you right there.  1st, do you watch the Bulls every night like I do?  Thad Young is being used as a primary playmaker at times.  He's wildly overmatched in this stupid a** role Boylen has him playing.  As such, he's shooting black hole.  And he doesn't contribute positive in anything except steals.   There's a reason he's currently ranked 224 on standard 9 cat on #basketball.

Preach...Boylen is annoylen

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, taenggg said:

Just give the man 24+ minutes and he'll be gucci

All I'm looking for is 11 points on 5-7 from the floor, 1-2 FT, 8 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal, 2 blocks.  Just gimme my stocks and FG% boost.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

You're an idiot. Obviously if he plays as a starter he won't have to playmake as much. He'll assume a role like he did on the Pacers. Guarantee he'll shoot better. Sato and Lavine will handle the ball more.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, x2tweaker said:

He is this year's Mitch Rob

Ya’ll need to chill lol. 
1) WCJ ain’t even had his MRI yet

2) Gafford is more like John Henson than Mitch Rob

Thaddeus Young will start for injured Wendell Carter Jr. on Wednesday.

ouch

3 minutes ago, kane said:

Thaddeus Young will start for injured Wendell Carter Jr. on Wednesday.

ouch

I don't think this really affects Gafford's value. I think people's excitement over him assumed about a 25 minute role which he will get regardless as Thad Young won't be able to fill the majority of C minutes.

34 minutes ago, FantasyMamba said:

I don't think this really affects Gafford's value. I think people's excitement over him assumed about a 25 minute role which he will get regardless as Thad Young won't be able to fill the majority of C minutes.

Exactly, Markennen moves to the 5 and Thad to the 4.  What we have to hope for is 5-10 minutes with Markennen and Gafford on the floor together.  If Markennen doesn’t play the 4 at all then Gafford will still see minutes in the teens.

However, on a bad team like the Bulls; I’m hoping for blowout L’s where Gafford can get lots of garbage time PT

*checks FA list to see if Thad is available*

😂

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, laurilegend said:

18/6/2 3 steals 3 threes

So you wanna try this again?? Thad still washed up huh?? Dont be mad cuz u picked up gafford 

Edited by Sfektz
Added
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Sfektz said:

18/6/2 3 steals 3 threes

So you wanna try this again?? Thad still washed up huh?? Dont be mad cuz u picked up gafford 

Rotation/min have been the main reason for his down year along with taking twice as many threes, so if they don't drop with the limited shots he was getting resulted in a bad statline. But now if he continues to see 30min+, must add.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sfektz said:

18/6/2 3 steals 3 threes

FFS Chicago should develop their young guy, not old a** veteran. Even if they get into playoff, it’s definitely first round exit. 

1 hour ago, csklmf said:

FFS Chicago should develop their young guy, not old a** veteran. Even if they get into playoff, it’s definitely first round exit. 

Money! 

You can get ore money still winning games and get 4 games of extra income for being a first round exit than to tank and play young guys and leave seats available in the stands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csklmf said:

Another gafford owner LOL.

Have faith guys, it was just one game. I'm kinda grateful for the stocks tonight and hoping he can provide me with some average stats going forward. I'll reevaluate after Sunday but I think he can be good at 22+ MPG

Lmao I grabbed both. Not giving on gafford yet. For saavy owners this is the time to snipe gafford 

• Like 1