stay_woke

Daniel Gafford 2019-2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Money! 

You can get ore money still winning games and get 4 games of extra income for being a first round exit than to tank and play young guys and leave seats available in the stands.

Well I have Russell and Bertans sitting in IR. Once one of them is back this Friday, I’m gonna say goodbye to Gafford anyway. 

I still think Chicago needs another defender down low than another stretch 4 to be more competitive. Chicago already got markkanen, Lavine and white as black hole 

Edited by csklmf

Well Bulls lost again...maybe he'll start Gafford because he wants to win, make the playoffs and that's what's best for the team...

3 hours ago, dfstout said:

Well Bulls lost again...maybe he'll start Gafford because he wants to win, make the playoffs and that's what's best for the team...

Listen to yourself! This is the reason Gafford was benched in the first place

So we now know WCJ will be out at least a few weeks. Do we think this might be better for Gafford and Bulls coaching staff in using him knowing that Markannen at C may not be a longer term option to the team?

49 minutes ago, FantasyMamba said:

So we now know WCJ will be out at least a few weeks. Do we think this might be better for Gafford and Bulls coaching staff in using him knowing that Markannen at C may not be a longer term option to the team?

I think it could be horses for courses. 

If they need Gafford's extra reach they'll give him more minutes, otherwise it's Thad getting the majority of WCJ's minutes. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Igno said:

Im a multi time champion...always listen to myself

Edited by dfstout
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

I think it could be horses for courses. 

If they need Gafford's extra reach they'll give him more minutes, otherwise it's Thad getting the majority of WCJ's minutes. 

Yea that's what I'm thinking. Plus there was a report a few weeks ago that Thad was unhappy with his lack of playing time and may request a trade. This can be the perfect opportunity for the Bulls to do a pump & dump 

I think some context into why Gafford got such low minutes in the last game is necessary.

Now that the extent of WCJ's injury is known and is expected for a medium-long term, I think the Bulls need to consider whether they want to shift Markannen permanently to the 5 in his absence. In my mind, it may be much more matchup dependent. Going up against Pacers/Pistons next two games should be much more telling as going up against Pacers big front court and Drummond. I think in terms of saving Markannen from having to play a position that he is not used to and that he will not play in the Bulls future might be something that Boylen considers. If that is the case, Gafford would soak up much more of those C minutes than he got last game.

On 1/9/2020 at 7:10 AM, x2tweaker said:

He is this year's Mitch Rob

Came here to make this exact post

• Like 1

LET'S F@#$%$^&*t^%in GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FINALLY BOYLEN COMES TO HIS SENSES!!!!!!

Edited by dfstout
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 1:22 PM, Igno said:

hI!!!!!!!!! LETS GO GAFFORD

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, ItzJaBoiSam said:

Gafford is the next Hassan Whiteside.

You heard it first from here.

As a Bulls fan, I like your optimism!  I don't think he's quite that good though. Whiteside is more dynamic and longer. But I would be happy if hes anything close to that.  

• Like 1

Facing the pistons and Drummond tonight, about to be a block party 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, taenggg said:

For drummond 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, dfstout said:

hI!!!!!!!!! LETS GO GAFFORD

I was being sarcastic towards Boylen, not you. Because your point was "If Boylen wants to win...". Do they want to win though?
Obviously I am routing for Gafford as well. Btw, Boylen said that Young and Gafford could alternate starts depending on the matchup. Starting or not, what matters is playing time.

1 hour ago, taenggg said:

Huh? Aren't the Bulls facing the Pacers tonight?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, 4th and 9ers said:

Huh? Aren't the Bulls facing the Pacers tonight?

😅 I was looking at Saturday games. Wooops

Myles Turner crosses him on the perimeter and completely twisted him around and immediately grabbed at his ankle lol

Played gingerly on it til the Pacers called a timeout after the Bulls went on a run and when they came back Kornet had replaced Gafford

He's on my wire and I'm tempted to pick up to replace Favors. Are the last couple of games the result of his ankle injury? Anyone watching have some insight on whether he is playing compromised?