Sign in to follow this  
nikogwapi2

Drop PJ Washington for Nerlens Noel? - WHIR

PJ has a higher floor (despite the ups and downs) but Noel is more proven and has a higher potential IF Adams gets traded/injured.

Worth a shot or stand pat?

Here is my team:

12-Team, 9-Cat (With IR)

PG - Terry Rozier

SG - Jimmy Butler

SF - Paul George

PF - Jaren Jackson, Jr. 

- LaMarcus Aldridge

Util - Al Horford

Util - Jonas Valanciunas

Util - Kelly Oubre, Jr.

BN - Dejounte Murray

BN - Josh Richardson

BN - T.J. Warren

BN - Isaiah Thomas

BN - P.J. Washington

Thanks!

Edited by nikogwapi2

Not too familiar with category leagues, but if it were my team and you really wanted to take a shot with Nerlens Noel, I'd probably think of dropping Warren. Oladipo will be back soon and they have other guys like Brogdon, Holiday and Turner who tend to get a lot of touches as well

• Thanks 1

I think it's worth taking a chance on. PJ is good but imo expendable if you want to gamble on Noel's upside. like you said - Noel could be a beast if Adams get traded, and he's still putting up serviceable numbers even at 18 mpg. I believe he's ranked 87 on BBM which is not too far off from PJ.

I'd do it

• Thanks 1

Stand pat for now. I doubt anyone's getting Noel at this point. Better suggestion would be to package PJ and another player for a higher upside player. Then use the extra free slot for Noel. PJ has value, can't just drop him for free.

• Thanks 1

Owner of both.  Strong hold on PJW.  He'll have his bumps, since he's a rookie (and bear in mind that Batum's back, so PJW's recent struggles coincide with that).  However, PJW's still about a Top 60-80, due to production in many different cats, and has a clear path to minutes.  I absolutely love Noel and his upside, but I don't think I'd drop PJW for him right now.

• Thanks 1

I came here to ask the exact same question. 

Noels last 5 games he has averaged. 

8.8pts | 4.8reb | 2.4ast | 1.8stl | 1.6blk  

PJ's last 5 games he has averaged 

11pts | 2.8reb | 1.4ast | 1stl | 0.8blk 

If Noels minutes keep trending north and settles in the 25-28 min range i think we can expect 14-8-4-2-2 averages out of Noel. 

Now if Adams gets shut down due to injury or traded, Noels value sky rockets and he's a double double threat every night while averaging 3 steals and blocks per game. 

I would try and pair PJ with another player to trade up in a 2 for 1 offer, but time is running out.. he won't be sitting on people's waiver wires for too long and if Adam's surgery news breaks before your trade goes through then you've missed out. 

Also have to factor in if you need PJ's threes. 

Massive risk reward play. 

Edited by DiscoNinja33
update
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

I changed my mind, go with noel

lol, foul trouble today.  But yeah, it's been a problem for him recently.  I'd still hold PJW, but now I'm a bit more willing to drop him, haha.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

I came here to ask the exact same question. 

Noels last 5 games he has averaged. 

8.8pts | 4.8reb | 2.4ast | 1.8stl | 1.6blk  

PJ's last 5 games he has averaged 

11pts | 2.8reb | 1.4ast | 1stl | 0.8blk 

If Noels minutes keep trending north and settles in the 25-28 min range i think we can expect 14-8-4-2-2 averages out of Noel. 

Now if Adams gets shut down due to injury or traded, Noels value sky rockets and he's a double double threat every night while averaging 3 steals and blocks per game. 

I would try and pair PJ with another player to trade up in a 2 for 1 offer, but time is running out.. he won't be sitting on people's waiver wires for too long and if Adam's surgery news breaks before your trade goes through then you've missed out. 

Also have to factor in if you need PJ's threes. 

Massive risk reward play. 

same sentiment, well said 

Edited by nikogwapi2
  • Thanks 1