jonance

Trading prospects for Corey Kluber...please weigh in WHIR

12 Team Head to Head Auction Keeper League
Players eligible to re-sign can be extended 1-5 years
6 x 6 Categories (OPS / HLD)

Hey all....need some help here.  I have been offered the following trade to boost my pitching staff.  I know he had a lost year...but i think the price might be right here considering the prospects are a bit pricey.  Would you make this deal?  Full roster is in the image below for reference...

MY Royce Lewis ($8 3 year deal then can re-sign up to 5 more at $12)
      Taylor Trammell ($7 2 year deal then can re-sign up to 5 more at $11)
      Hunter Dozier ($12 re-sign rights - 1-5 years...was NOT going to re-sign)

for Corey Kluber ($3 2 year deal then can re-sign up to 5 more)

spacer.png

Hard to say without more info, at the very least, we need to see what the rest of your pitching staff looks like.

However, based on this alone, if you feel you are a contender and you’re an arm away, make the deal for the former Cy Young winner. I’m a Kluber owner and, though I’m trying to move him to improve an OF slot, I think he has a bit of gas left.

I wouldn't touch Kluber for any price. 

You are giving up 3 talented pieces.

Yes I make the trade.  Its a Keeper league, not a dynasty league.  So you aren't keeping your entire roster.  Giving up some prospects to acquire a potential top 30 SP looks like a good gamble to me.  There will always be more prospects.  There are not a lot of SP with the potential of Kluber.  Do the deal and look to compete in 2020, rather than sit and hope your prospects reach their lofty ceilings.  Kluber is young enough to be able to help 2-3 years barring health.  He is a gamble for sure, but moves like this are what can win you the championship.  

20 hours ago, jonance said:

The image below the post is my full roster with SP's

Sorry, but the image doesn’t appear on my phone.

dynasty: no chance 

12-team keeper, where you're going for a title?  Sure. The league doesn't have enough depth for Trammell types to carry much value. 

Many years ago, in a similar league (12 teams; keep eight) I flipped three prospects for Corey Kluber.   Benintendi, Taillon, and Lucas Giolito.  All three specs became very good players, but Kluber was the ace that I rode to consecutive championships.  I have absolutely zero regrets.  And I no longer have Kluber  (flipped him for a 4th round pick prior to last season) 

• Like 1