JDE

2019 Fantasy Playoff D/ST Stashes

Just now, Brye said:

Ravens the best week 15 stash , they going to massacre the Jets, ravens home game and the passing game going to be on lock down with trades and healthy players back look ūüĎÄ at this secondary (no defense from week 7 till now has been better)

cbs- humpries, Marcus Peters, jimmy smith

FS- earl thomas

SS- Brandon Carr (usually a cb but since return of jimmy smith and trade of peters he’s been at SS playing really well)

dude that’s 5 well above average cover guys, 2-3 of them being elite, this defense is no joke and pierce has been out he should be back soon their DT , make no mistake this is the defense the rest of the way 

The entire world has BAL stashed :) 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

still dropping sf?:ph34r:

Wow I picked up the Bears who were just dropped a week ago to play over the 9ers. This game was impressive.

Still think they’re a tough start on the road the next two weeks against Baltimore and New Orleans. Not sure what to do...

Does anybody like the Bills for weeks 15 and 16? 

Week 15 they have Pittsburgh and who know who will be starting at QB. Week 16 they have New England but they haven't been playing well on offense. I would just be worried abou the New England defense forcing good field position. There is also Denver vs Detroit in week 16 and if Stafford is out that could be a good play. I currently have the Eagles and Bills but a lot can happen.

2 minutes ago, purpdrankplaya said:

Week 15 they have Pittsburgh and who know who will be starting at QB. Week 16 they have New England but they haven't been playing well on offense. I would just be worried abou the New England defense forcing good field position. There is also Denver vs Detroit in week 16 and if Stafford is out that could be a good play. I currently have the Eagles and Bills but a lot can happen.

I wouldn’t hesitate to roll them out there Week 15 against the Steelers, although that game is in Pittsburgh, and the Bills D hasn’t been playing that well on the road lately.  Eagles @ Washington is a better choice for me.

Week 16...¬†no way. ¬†I wouldn‚Äôt trust a defense on the road in Foxboro in my Fantasy Football Championship unless they were the ‚Äė85 Bears.

• Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, purpdrankplaya said:

Also FWIW, the Bills have been my main DST most of the year in one of my leagues, so I’ve really been paying attention to their production.

I was really excited bc their schedule coming out of the bye was absolutely unbelievable (and the reason I held them during said bye), but while not being bad, they’ve been slightly disappointing. No blowup weeks.

I scooped the Steelers about a month ago because of their late season schedule, and last week I dropped the Bills for the Eagles to pair with Pittsburgh for the playoffs.

Not regretting it... they aren’t a good enough defense (from a fantasy standpoint at least) to trust from now through Week 16.

Question : Am I a dick for having 3 defenses right now? I scooped up Phily D today and have New England and Baltimore stashed. I took a look at the guys who will be in the playoffs and they all have s--- D mean while I have 3 teams with great matchups down the stretch. Not sure I'll get flamed by others in the league.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

Question : Am I a dick for having 3 defenses right now? I scooped up Phily D today and have New England and Baltimore stashed. I took a look at the guys who will be in the playoffs and they all have s--- D mean while I have 3 teams with great matchups down the stretch. Not sure I'll get flamed by others in the league.

If you get flamed for that, you need to find a new league. Perfectly normal and smart strategy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

I would stash all 32 defenses to keep them away from my opponents if it was possible. You do you and don't worry about it if they complain, they all had equal opportunity to do exactly what you did. Worst case you can make a fan with your winnings and cool yourself down after their flaming.

Edited by vercrazy

3 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

Absolutely not. I’ll end up with 3 on my rosters if I make the Championship. Right now I have 2 in each.

It’s called playing chess... Let your opponents play checkers.  

If they flame you for it it‚Äôs just their way of being mad at themselves for not having the forethought to plan ahead.¬†ūüĎćūüŹĽ

1 hour ago, BeefDaddy said:

There is nothing wrong with that. Unless your league has unlimited bench slots, you're sacrificing your own bench to stash those DSTs.

Edited by Gryfter

Are Ravens owners starting them no matter what now? I have both GB and Balt, but the Ravens are playing like monsters

On ‚Äé11‚Äé/‚Äé24‚Äé/‚Äé2019 at 11:37 PM, SkinsChargersFan said:

The Eagles DST looked good today for those who are stashing with the easy schedule ahead. They look like they’ll be a solid play.

Yeah, really liking them.  Miami, Giants, Washington.  Looking pretty juicy.  They seem to be gelling these last few weeks.  Last 4 games allowed 13, 14, 17, and 17 points. Lost to Seahawks but they held Wilson in check and sacked him 6 times.  I'm not sure if there is a defense with a better ROS schedule.

17 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Are Ravens owners starting them no matter what now? I have both GB and Balt, but the Ravens are playing like monsters

Not a huge fan of playing them against san Francisco who are firing on all cylinders in offense with all their studs back in the wr/te core, but hopefully it will be a slug fest like the Seahawks and Baltimore will get sacks as garrapolo is not that mobile. After that the gravy train begins.

If you roll with SF and are uneasy dropping them to opponents but are looking at their somewhat scary looking schedule, I'd highly recommend rolling with the Eagles from weeks 13-15 then going back to SF week 16.

I'm rolling with NY Jets this week and next and, then, NE thereafter.  Good luck, all!

1 hour ago, squidthunder said:

I own only the Ravens. I will get a bye in week 14, but damn the schedule is juicy. 
@Buff, Jets  & ending @ Cleveland.
Week 16 scares me a little. What do you think about week 16? 

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I own only the Ravens. I will get a bye in week 14, but damn the schedule is juicy. 
@Buff, Jets  & ending @ Cleveland.
Week 16 scares me a little. What do you think about week 16? 

seahawks def has looked better recently and they get a home matchup vs zona.  depending on how their playoff picture looks, i may roll with them.

3 hours ago, BeefDaddy said:

You are not a dick but no way am I keeping the Eagles when playoffs come in week 14.... . I want to shore up other positions if an injury happens. Just looking at your team in sig I am getting a backup QB or a TE. Kinda depends on waivers 

4 minutes ago, herschel said:

seahawks def has looked better recently and they get a home matchup vs zona.  depending on how their playoff picture looks, i may roll with them.

You are correct the last two games they have been dominant. Benching my starting D in the championship game (if I make it) I just don’t think is wise.  But. I can’t roll with the Hawks because some other team owns them. 

7 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

You are not a dick but no way am I keeping the Eagles when playoffs come in week 14.... . I want to shore up other positions if an injury happens. Just looking at your team in sig I am getting a backup QB or a TE. Kinda depends on waivers 

Philly has Giants / Wash in 14/15

yeah my thoughts are that theres nothing left on waivers for TE, i have njoku on IR-R and hope hes activated down the stretch incase something happens with waller (he might see a bump in targets now that Renfrow is done). Looking at the other guys who made playoffs there Defenses all have tough matchups down the stretch so i figure blocking a defense that could go off in one of those games against me is better than picking up a QB who will also probably be available in the coming weeks

There are so many bad teams you actually have quite a few options this year. A few teams have 2-3 consecutive weeks where you can start them with confidence. In terms of the poster talking about rostering 3 defenses, absolutely zero issue with it. It's just smart, particularly if you have your playoff spot wrapped up and your starting lineup locked. 

1 hour ago, QQ1 said:

I'm rolling with NY Jets this week and next and, then, NE thereafter.  Good luck, all!

Same here. On paper that should be a great tandem. 

I got 4 def.  had to add min vs det and hou vs den. week 14 even if I don't start them they look like good matchups and would rather not have my opponent add them

I just dropped Bears D now that I have the Eagles for the playoffs. Week 16 I'm eyeing the Texans because they got the turnover machine Winston