DZaak

Jakob Poetl 2019-2020 Outlook

40 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Imagine having Whiteside and Poeltl... LOL!

I have (had) Team PoPo (Poeltl and Porzingis). Too bad i only streamed JP for this game because SAS have only 4 games in 2 weeks. Enough time for LA to return...

Edited by fantasick

Anybody tempted to hang onto Poetl and treat him more like a serviceable stash vs just a streamer? Many are pointing towards an inevitable roster blowup, and Poeltl would benefit if LMA gets shipped w/o a decent big in return. His upcoming schedule is rough, but just a thought.

Even excluding tonight's game, in the previous 7 games (beginning with his first start), he's produced 6th-rd value. Obviously with unbalanced contributions. But still, I'm satisfied w/ a stash/end-of-bench providing high blocks and FG%, decent boards and steals (for a big), and low TO. Not enough fta to really hurt you.

Last 7 games, excluding tonight's Houston game:

6th rd / #70
23.1 mpg / 6.9 pt / 6.7 reb / 1.0 ast / 0.7 stl / 2.3 blk / .629 5.0 fga / .667 0.9 fta / 0.6 to

I want to point out there's no guarantee LMA will be shipped or that Spurs will even make any major trades. They rarely make midseason trades. Maybe they'll keep chasing the 8th seed mostly w/ their current roster and style of play. But just a thought

Edited by hoop
  • Like 1

If you are going to add him, point league is fine. H2H not so much. Spurs next game will be 12/6 then 12/12 

1 hour ago, csklmf said:

If you are going to add him, point league is fine. H2H not so much. Spurs next game will be 12/6 then 12/12 

H2h carries on after these 2 games?

If they weren’t playing two games two weeks in a row I’d definitely roster him, blocks are even more scarce this year.

3 hours ago, fantasick said:

I have (had) Team PoPo (Poeltl and Porzingis). Too bad i only streamed JP for this game because SAS have only 4 games in 2 weeks. Enough time for LA to return...

For Roto, whenever Whiteside ( or JV or Thompson ) is out for load management or whatever, I can just empty the slot or switch, then Poeltl becomes a very serviceable plug and play. Good synchronization; not missing a beat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

If they weren’t playing two games two weeks in a row I’d definitely roster him, blocks are even more scarce this year.

There exist multiple H2H matchups after these 2 weeks.

58 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

There exist multiple H2H matchups after these 2 weeks.

with pops reputation people in my leagues are very reluctant to touch SA players. He’s already been in and out of a starter role, had low minutes mixed with big minutes, so he’s a bit all over the map, I don’t think it’ll change much between now and then to warrant rushing out to get him, there are many serviceable centers out there right now providing similar current value (without as good a long term prospects as poeltl for the most part), so most teams are able to field different bigs without much worry there. Had this been a few years back he would’ve been picked up already, I play in two super competitive leagues and most don’t seem to care or trust the coach. I’ll let that play to my advantage. 

21 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

with pops reputation people in my leagues are very reluctant to touch SA players. He’s already been in and out of a starter role, had low minutes mixed with big minutes, so he’s a bit all over the map, I don’t think it’ll change much between now and then to warrant rushing out to get him, there are many serviceable centers out there right now providing similar current value (without as good a long term prospects as poeltl for the most part), so most teams are able to field different bigs without much worry there. Had this been a few years back he would’ve been picked up already, I play in two super competitive leagues and most don’t seem to care or trust the coach. I’ll let that play to my advantage. 

He was a bit all over the map up until he was moved into the starting role, which happened before the Aldridge injury.  I've seen him snatched up in all my leagues, surprised he would just be sitting on the wire in any semi-competitive leagues 10 teams or larger.

• Like 1

Extremely useful numbers the last couple weeks. He was an easy add (dropped T.Ross) and I’m just hoping he can stay somewhat consistent. 4-4-3 playoff schedule (week 22-24) is also a nice bonus. 

last 8 games:

25 mpg 6.8 ppg 61% fg 7.8 rpg (2.3 offensive) 1.5 apg 2.6 bpg 

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

Highest +/- out of the Spurs bigs, yet Pop won't give him more minutes :( 

As a 3rd string C plug and play role, good enough for me lol.

1 hour ago, fuc826 said:

18mins is too short......hope Popo can considers play him as 4 more

Lol ain't happening, this team is lacking outside shooting as it is.

24 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Lol ain't happening, this team is lacking outside shooting as it is.

Blocks are the rarest category. You gotta keep him while he's producing this type of output.

10 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Blocks are the rarest category. You gotta keep him while he's producing this type of output.

Never said anything about not keeping him lol, he ain't playing the 4 more is what I'm saying.

1 hour ago, rush007 said:

Stronghold? 

If you want a stronghold on the blocks category then yesssss

3 hours ago, rush007 said:

Stronghold? 

Not really, unless Spurs gonna play Poeltl and Aldrige together as they did in the end of November when he avarged around 24 min per game. For 18 min a game he isn't worth it in 12 teams unless you really need these blocks.