4th and 9ers

Terence Davis 2019-2020 Outlook

30 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Soo...

Nothing to see here. He isn’t 12 team material for now. Butsomeone to watch out for in dynasty..

Canadian here who gets tonnes of Raptors games: I'm holding him in two 12-team dynasties, and I wouldn't pass him in up in 12-team redrafts if you've got the space. The Raptors seem to value athleticism a whole lot in their prospects, and they do a great job of converting that into production. I know he's got good shooting percentages now, but I still consider him to be an athlete over a player yet. His upside is super high because of this.

The Raptors don't feel like a completed team now: Gasol, Ibaka, and Powell are all guys I could see them moving on from this year. When and if the roster shakes out for their run this year, I wouldn't be shocked to see Davis (or RHJ for that matter) elevated to rotation players as VanVleet was last year.

3 hours ago, Johnny Tuttle said:

Canadian here who gets tonnes of Raptors games: I'm holding him in two 12-team dynasties, and I wouldn't pass him in up in 12-team redrafts if you've got the space. The Raptors seem to value athleticism a whole lot in their prospects, and they do a great job of converting that into production. I know he's got good shooting percentages now, but I still consider him to be an athlete over a player yet. His upside is super high because of this.

The Raptors don't feel like a completed team now: Gasol, Ibaka, and Powell are all guys I could see them moving on from this year. When and if the roster shakes out for their run this year, I wouldn't be shocked to see Davis (or RHJ for that matter) elevated to rotation players as VanVleet was last year.

Raptors fan and Torontonian. I'm holding off for now. 

Same as above.

When Lowry returns, Powell goes back to the bench and will get the first crack at minutes, however...

Powell has been consistent as of late, but typically shows up once every 3-4 games.  IF Powell regresses, Davis will swoop in and take those minutes

47 minutes ago, 4th and 9ers said:

Soo...

The Knicks had already lost in the 3Q and 100% of the 4Q was in garbage time. Let's not kid ourselves.

He’s a hell of a talent (I’m a raps fan), but he’s going to lose almost all of his value when Lowry is back. 

Him and Powell are redundant and will trade scoring nights off the bench. 

There's no question he's talented, he'd be a WW pickup of the year if he were to be traded over to the Wizards and start over there, but he's with the Raps and there's little to zero value there and would need 2-3 more injuries to be relevant. Too many mouths to feed with that team, surprisingly.

32 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

There's no question he's talented, he'd be a WW pickup of the year if he were to be traded over to the Wizards and start over there, but he's with the Raps and there's little to zero value there and would need 2-3 more injuries to be relevant. Too many mouths to feed with that team, surprisingly.

All he need is to move ahead of Powell in hierarchy.  And that is not tough thing to do, as Powell is not the most talented player on Raptors bench. And it will happen soon

It's a gamble 

8 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

So....we back?

but I think at least short term, it will be a gamble worth trying...

From a talent standpoint, Davis should be the guy to pick up with Powell’s injury, as well as unclarity over FVV.

However, there’s a worrying trend with Nurse in that he’s been playing McCaw way too much (25 mins+) with little to no reason as to why (he plays ok defense I guess?). Either way, it seems there’s enough opportunity for both McCaw and Davis to benefit with Davis hopefully getting between ~18-25 mins per game.

Nurse called him out publicly and it worked clearly

And the league finds a way to shoehorn Eric Paschall and 3 Hornets onto the Rising Stars roster... the disrespect

• Like 1