4th and 9ers

Terence Davis 2019-2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

And the league finds a way to shoehorn Eric Paschall and 3 Hornets onto the Rising Stars roster... the disrespect

Paschall absolutely deserves it, despite slowing down the last month or so. 

This guy is a strong stream. Beware the small sample size, but he's been a great (especially for a non-center) per minute guy all year, especially with the 3s and 92% ft%. 

I am not a fanboy who pumps up players.  I am a Pacer fan and I am watching the Pacer-Raptors game.  But, wow, this guy can play!  He is active on both ends of the floor. He will be a star!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

I am not a fanboy who pumps up players.  I am a Pacer fan and I am watching the Pacer-Raptors game.  But, wow, this guy can play!  He is active on both ends of the floor. He will be a star!

as a life long raps fan, i love him but idk if he's going to be a star. 

5 hours ago, Sosa said:

You may need those eyes checked then 😉

It's unfortunate how generic this guy's name is. I thought he was a completely different player on a different team.

9 hours ago, 4th and 9ers said:

You may need those eyes checked then 😉

I'll be more than happy w a fvv level player, which is what I think his ceiling can be

1 hour ago, Sosa said:

I'll be more than happy w a fvv level player, which is what I think his ceiling can be

He’s more athletic and bigger than FVV and producing more than FVV would have in his rookie year.

I currently have him projected to be somewhere between a Brogdon and a Jrue Holiday, which to me is star potential (not superstar).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 4th and 9ers said:

He’s more athletic and bigger than FVV and producing more than FVV would have in his rookie year.

I currently have him projected to be somewhere between a Brogdon and a Jrue Holiday, which to me is star potential (not superstar).

That's a bold statement. I'm enjoying his game the last couple and will continue to hold at least until N.Powell is healthy again.

when Powell comes back he will be on time share with Davis.  I wouldn't be surprised if Davis is first player of the bench

2 hours ago, Obliviate said:

That's a bold statement. I'm enjoying his game the last couple and will continue to hold at least until N.Powell is healthy again.

He won’t get there this season. That’s what I’m expecting in maybe 2 years.

20 hours ago, Sosa said:

I get what you are saying and don't disagree that he has a long way to go to even be a consistent contributor.  But, he seems to have a pretty multi-faceted game and produces when given minutes.   

Just curious, how would you compare him to a young DeRozan.  Obviously, better range.  What about athletically and BB IQ?  The few times I have seen him he seems to be in the right place or making a play when needed.  

This guy is so good. Best player development team, thumbs up for the Raptors.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I get what you are saying and don't disagree that he has a long way to go to even be a consistent contributor.  But, he seems to have a pretty multi-faceted game and produces when given minutes.   

Just curious, how would you compare him to a young DeRozan.  Obviously, better range.  What about athletically and BB IQ?  The few times I have seen him he seems to be in the right place or making a play when needed.  

I'd honestly say only looking at rookie seasons, TD has been better so far (if he can keep up his recent level of play, but assuming he loses some PT)... Demar really took off in his second year and emerged as a guy we saw around here as a franchise player. His sophomore season was when Chris Bosh left for Miami, and after making his famous tweet "dont worry, I got us"... Idk if TD can get the same opportunity, but he's definitely making a case for consistent minutes. 

This guy was somehow available in my dynasty league.

He looks like another Raptors gem. Even if this year, his numbers take a big hit when the Raptors are healthy, I'm loving his outlook for the next few years and beyond.

23 hours ago, Stallion said:

This guy was somehow available in my dynasty league.

He looks like another Raptors gem. Even if this year, his numbers take a big hit when the Raptors are healthy, I'm loving his outlook for the next few years and beyond.

Just got him in two of my dynasty leagues. He looks absolutely amazing.

He loves being the underdog which makes it even better !

Haven't been watching him or any Raptor's players/games..... when are the reinforcements coming? Will he be safe to stream today? 

24 minutes ago, hoopnking24 said:

Haven't been watching him or any Raptor's players/games..... when are the reinforcements coming? Will he be safe to stream today? 

He's pretty much settled into the 6th man/playmaker off the bench role that Norm Powell was thriving in.. I would hold on to him for now and reassess when Norm is back.

will monitor him since he is still on the WW. Picked up Gery Trent instead and have to much SG now, so have to see if that was correct or if i have to change that