jonance

HUGE trade offer: My Adell / L. Robert for Yelich in Auction Keeper

12 Team Head to Head Auction Keeper League
Players eligible to re-sign can be extended 1-5 years
6 x 6 Categories (OPS / HLD)

Whoa man this is a tough one.  I love my prospects and all...buuuut.  I was just offered this:

I trade away:
Jo Adell ($6 1 year deal, then $9 up to 5 more years)
Luis Robert ($11 3 year deal, then $17 up to 5 more years)
Jeter Downs ($2 1 year deal, then $3 up to 5 more years)

I receive: 
Christian Yelich ($2 1 year deal, then $3 up to 5 more years)

The main issue is right now i don't have space for Yelich, but I could surely make a trade to alleviate that.   I'd be saving about $17 in 2020.  Obviously I LOVE Adell and Robert, though....but Yelich is still just 27 or 28 and should have many MVP type seasons in the next 4-5 years.  For my OF prospects, I'd still be sitting on JRod and Kelenic plus any FYPD guys i get this year.  

Sweating this one...please help!  😓

My Full MLB and MiLB Rosters with pricing below.

splitlip.jpg

You cant be serious? That trade will be voided.

Its a no brainer to take a TOP 3 player right now and give up 2 players you HOPE to be top 3 players.  Its unreal how crazy people get over prospects, and forget the task at hand.  Winning.  Yelich is cheaper, in his prime, and ALREADY a top 3 player in all of fantasy.  Let someone else dream and hope about Adell and Robert.  Yelich for me, easy

Edited by TheTruth024

Prospect can totally flame out too or not live up to their hype (see Buxton). If someone offered me Yelich for my Franco/Adell, I’m doing that trade all day long. I have a laundry list of prospects to fill my two minor slots to fill the void.

The only way you lose this trade is if BOTH Adell and Robert become top 10 players overall.  And even then, you are still getting Yelich in his prime, so its not a complete loss.

Not sure why i'm so torn here....I just feel like Adell and Robert are on track to be top 10 guys.  Just having a tough time pulling the trigger. Any other opinions?

Yeah, I'd take it and I LOVE prospects especially robert and Adell.

Definitely do it for Yelich who's a top 3 player for the next few years likely

Usually these types of deals in auction leagues happen when the person trying to get rid of the veteran is trying to unload money. You are getting top 3 player and more salary cap! Hopefully  you've already accepted. And this is coming from a ChiSox fan who absolutely loves Robert.

On 11/22/2019 at 3:02 PM, HOOTIE said:

You cant be serious? That trade will be voided.

Ditto.  A veto sure to happen.  Completely ridiculous imo, esp. when you consider Yelich is locked in at a low price for 6 years lol.

Edited by secretagentman