wendellrott

Fantasy MVP 2019

I'll throw a vote in for Mark Andrews...2nd scoring TE now and was drafted way down among TEs.

But otherwise I'd go Lamar #1 then CMC  and then Dalvin Cook.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I'm in three leagues, and the CMC owners are 1, 2 and 3. So, yeah.

How about Lamar?

11 hours ago, 904kc said:

Per Yahoo Fantasy:

These are the players who appear most often in the top 500 Public League teams.

Christian McCaffrey - 80%

Dalvin Cook - 41.2%

Mike Evans - 37.6%

Austin Ekeler - 35.4%

New England D/ST - 35%

Chris Godwin - 28.8%

Lamar Jackson - 28.6%

Without the numbers, I'd say it is neck and neck between McCaffrey and Jackson though. 

Get a top 3 pick = WIN!

• Like 1

Taking into account ADP...

QB: Lamar

RB: CMC

RB: Henry

WR: M. Thomas

WR: Godwin

WR: Chark

TE: Hooper (if he returns next week), if he’s out longer it will be Andrews

Flex: Dalvin Cook

DST: Patriots

K: Lutz 

• Like 3

... wonder how many squads out there have both CMC & Lamar 🤔

AYFKM?

anyone have a team in their leeg(s) stacked wif those two über men?

9 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Taking into account ADP...

QB: Lamar

RB: CMC

RB: Henry

WR: M. Thomas

WR: Godwin

WR: Chark

TE: Hooper (if he returns next week), if he’s out longer it will be Andrews

Flex: Dalvin Cook

DST: Patriots

K: Lutz 

That's about right. 

People forget what "MVP" means. It doesn't mean "best value pick", or "most improved player". It means who is the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER to your team. I think this applies in real life as well as fantasy. And in both, it's not close. CMC by a MILE. Who else on Carolina (or your own FFB team) puts up that type of production? MVP and it's not close.

On 11/25/2019 at 7:18 AM, MSkibisky said:

People forget what "MVP" means. It doesn't mean "best value pick", or "most improved player". It means who is the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER to your team. I think this applies in real life as well as fantasy. And in both, it's not close. CMC by a MILE. Who else on Carolina (or your own FFB team) puts up that type of production? MVP and it's not close.

I get the argument both ways; nobody is right or wrong necessarily. 

But to argue your case, you could almost always say QBs should be the MVPs as they generally score the most points. I think one has to consider draft value and positional value. Lamar obviously has the draft value edge while CMC obviously has the positional edge. 

-Lamar is scoring almost 5 points more per week than the next closest QB and almost 10 points more per week over the QB12. Lamar could be drafted in the back end of drafts. 

-CMC is scoring almost 7 points more per week than the next closest RB and almost 15 points more per week over the RB12. CMC was universally picked in the top 3 picks. 

Which player is more valuable to fantasy teams? 

My answer today: 1A/1B

9 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

I get the argument both ways; nobody is right or wrong necessarily. 

But to argue your case, you could almost always say QBs should be the MVPs as they generally score the most points. I think one has to consider draft value and positional value. Lamar obviously has the draft value edge while CMC obviously has the positional edge. 

-Lamar is scoring almost 5 points more per week than the next closest QB and almost 10 points more per week over the QB12. Lamar could be drafted in the back end of drafts. 

-CMC is scoring almost 7 points more per week than the next closest RB and almost 15 points more per week over the RB12. CMC was universally picked in the top 3 picks. 

Which player is more valuable to fantasy teams? 

My answer today: 1A/1B

All good points. My original point was just to stop the "best player on the best team = locked in MVP" mentality. I can't stand that. It should be the person who is the MOST VALUABLE to their team, regardless of draft position, player position, team record, etc. 

• Like 1

I'm a big believer in the concept that the player rostered by the highest percentage of league champions is the "MVP" as such this thread seems to be jumping the gun to me a bit.

That said, if we're going by what we know today, I'd suspect if you have any CMac, Lamar, or Pat's D things are looking good for you.

Remember when people thought CMac couldn't be a three down RB, and was just Danny Woodhead 2.0?

On 11/25/2019 at 3:37 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... wonder how many squads out there have both CMC & Lamar 🤔

AYFKM?

anyone have a team in their leeg(s) stacked wif those two über men?

Yeah dude in my league started 0-4, he’s now 8-4. 

Lamar

CMC

melvin gordon

amari cooper

Kirk

Chark

Mark Andrews 

ive held the points lead all season (it pays $500) and he’s now only 43 points behind me with one last week.  

Just now, Ryansm11 said:

Yeah dude in my league started 0-4, he’s now 8-4. 

Lamar

CMC

melvin gordon

amari cooper

Kirk

Chark

Mark Andrews 

ive held the points lead all season (it pays $500) and he’s now only 43 points behind me with one last week.  

:wacko:

Lamar/CMC/Andrews  ombined for damn near 100 pernts (98, actually) in week one ... how the eff did he lose? 🤔

17 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

:wacko:

Lamar/CMC/Andrews  ombined for damn near 100 pernts (98, actually) in week one ... how the eff did he lose? 🤔

He played against the now 3-9 team who started desean and Watkins lmaoooo. Brutal. 

Its CMC and not close in ppr(I don't play standard).  The top QB always besides one season(LT's 31 td) I can remember are the top scoring players.  RIght now CMC is averaging 2.2 per game more then Lamar at 30.6.