wendellrott

Fantasy MVP 2019

On 11/25/2019 at 3:37 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... wonder how many squads out there have both CMC & Lamar 🤔

AYFKM?

anyone have a team in their leeg(s) stacked wif those two über men?

I have both in one league.  I also have Fournette, Godwin, Evans & Kittle on that same team in a 12-person league.  I drafted them all except Evans, who I traded Ekeler and Aaron Rodgers for.

Miraculously, I'm only 9-3 and in Second place, but have scored by far the most points in the league.  Even so, I think it's the best team I've ever put together.  I'll be really pissed off if I don't take home the 'Ship.

980635298_YahooRoster2.JPG.0ec37f5cb8064bbb30aa67f956b6fb18.JPG

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I have both in one league.  I also have Fournette, Godwin, Evans & Kittle on that same team in a 12-person league.  I drafted them all except Evans, who I traded Ekeler and Aaron Rodgers for.

Miraculously, I'm only 9-3 and in Second place, but have scored by far the most points in the league.  Even so, I think it's the best team I've ever put together.  I'll be really pissed off if I don't take home the 'Ship.

980635298_YahooRoster2.JPG.0ec37f5cb8064bbb30aa67f956b6fb18.JPG

Man I thought my team was good LOL that’s killer. I have

Watson

Cook

Ingram

Michael Thomas

Allen Robinson

Golden Tate

everett/Doyle/Fant (obviously TE is weak)

and then my flex varies between Dev Parker, Emmanuel Sanders, and Todd Gurley  

15 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Watson

Cook

Ingram

Michael Thomas

Allen Robinson

Golden Tate

Yeah that’s a solid squad. Anything can happen in the playoffs though.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Watson

Cook

Ingram

Michael Thomas

Allen Robinson

Golden Tate

Not myself, but the roster of the first place team in my league that has over 400 points more then the second place squad 

Qb- Jackson

Rb- Henry

Rb- Fournette

Wr- Kupp

Wr- Adams

Te- Kittle

Flex- Coleman

Flex- Kirk 

K- Lutz

D- Patriots

Bench- Kyler, Hooper, Hyde, C Samuel, Griffin

Edited by Nyblazer11235

10 minutes ago, East_Coast_NYG said:

Has to be CMC. Despite Lamar's amazing season I'd imagine more winning teams are going to have CMC on them rather than Lamar.

I would think the other way that the teams who have lamar used little to no draft capital on him and thus got better players on their entire roster but we are not factoring in wavier picks and roster management and trades. 

• Like 1

Lamar has taken a spectacularly mediocre team of mine to 9-3

QB. Lamar

WR. OBJ, C. Samuel, Chark, AJ Brown

RB. Jacobs, Gurley, Montgomery 

TE. Henry, Engram

He scored 44.7% of my points this week.

26.5% of my team's points on the year...

Edit:

Cost: 4% of auction draft budget

Edited by SadFaceHappy
  • Like 1

CMC fantasy MVP.

Biiiig Truuuuust front runner for the actual NFL MVP with Russell Wilson on right behind him (who's gunna put on the better show here on out???!)

Lamar is most likely going to beat Mahomes fantasy points record in a season from last year.  Should be him right? Or is there some other factors that make people want CMC?

3 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

Lamar is most likely going to beat Mahomes fantasy points record in a season from last year.  Should be him right? Or is there some other factors that make people want CMC?

got to factor in position. 1 qb league the difference between lamar and low end qb1 isn't as big as cmc and a top 25 rb like ro jo, white, mixon, dj  (200 pt difference in full ppr)

cmc basically doubled up bell, kamara Jacobs 167 total pts (low end rb1)

the thing lamar has going for him his adp vs cmc who was 1.1 or 1.2

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

Pretty sure Manning hold the fantasy record for a QB. LT holds the overall record and CMC is on pace to beat that 490 to 455

8 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

got to factor in position. 1 qb league the difference between lamar and low end qb1 isn't as big as cmc and a top 25 rb like ro jo, white, mixon, dj  (200 pt difference in full ppr)

cmc basically doubled up bell, kamara Jacobs 167 total pts (low end rb1)

the thing lamar has going for him his adp vs cmc who was 1.1 or 1.2

7 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Pretty sure Manning hold the fantasy record for a QB. LT holds the overall record and CMC is on pace to beat that 490 to 455

Thanks for that, seemed obvious to me but I own Lamar and not CMC so I haven't been following his season.  Dude has been winning me multiple weeks, but clearly CMC has been doing that for others.

Lamar by far if we are talking about draft day value.  He was drafted after teams already had most if not all skill positions filled.  To get the Lamar Jackson performance that late really boosts your team profile if you drafted well early. 

CMC if we take into account RB consistency and scarcity.

Both if we are talking about pure fantasy points perspective.  They are putting teams on their back and carrying them.  Lamar winning right now in half ppr and standard and CMC is a ppr god.  I'd give CMC the ppr crown and Lamar the crown for standard.  Half-PPR, tbd.  Let's see how both finish.

Overall, I'd probably lean CMC because he's a RB, you start two each week, they are irreplaceable.  I'd prefer CMC and play the wire for my QB for example as opposed to Lamar Jackson and have to play the wire for my RBs.

Any team out there with CMC AND Lamar Jackson?!  That team would be wrecking fools every week and I don't even need to know who else is on the roster.  Unfair.

3 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Lamar by far if we are talking about draft day value.  He was drafted after teams already had most if not all skill positions filled.  To get the Lamar Jackson performance that late really boosts your team profile if you drafted well early. 

Both if we are talking about pure fantasy points perspective.  They are putting teams on their back and carrying them.  Lamar winning right now in half ppr and standard and CMC is a ppr god.  I'd give CMC the ppr crown and Lamar the crown for standard.  Half-PPR, tbd.  Let's see how both finish.

Overall, I'd probably lean CMC because he's a RB, you start two each week, they are irreplaceable.  I'd prefer CMC and play the wire for my QB for example as opposed to Lamar Jackson and have to play the wire for my RBs.

Any team out there with CMC AND Lamar Jackson?!  That team would be wrecking fools every week and I don't even need to know who else is on the roster.  Unfair.

Agree with this word for word.  I'd have to go with CMC just because his points are so hard to replace.

A team in my league has both Lamar and CMC.  He's 10-2 and i'm tied with him at 10-2.  I've been streaming QB's all season and had to work much harder than him for my wins but he's gonna be tough to beat in playoffs with those two.

I'm hoping the Panthers ease up on CMC a bit down the stretch but they probably aren't smart enough to do that.  I mean, why run your franchise player in the ground when your season is over?  I guess they're still technically in it and a win this week gets them to .500.  But they're still 3 games behind in the loss column for a final wild card and odds are very low.  Hoping by Week 15/16 they've been eliminated.

18 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

There has to be a bunch as I got Lamar in round eight. Basically someone at least went CMC and early 7th on Jackson. Would love that, but I at least have CMC and Watson in main league and Lamar and Ingram in another league.

Edited by PizzaBeerFF

In .5PPR, CMC is roughly 69 points ahead of the #2 RB Dalvin Cook, and 160 points ahead of the RB12 Leveon Bell.

In the QB landscape, Lamar Jackson's 306.36 points are 56.1 points ahead of the QB2 Russell Wilson, and 126.82 points ahead of the QB12 Matt Ryan. 

I think it's close -- and in terms of overall value Lamar is by far the fantasy MVP. But in nutshell terms of who is a more valuable asset week to week, I lean McCafferey. I don't own CMC anywhere, but he is the most terrifying player to go up against. If he puts up 17 fantasy points against you, it feels like you caught a lucky break. He will be pick 1.1 next year without a doubt.

The person that is leading in my league with a 10-2 record top 3 scorers are CMC with 350.4 pts., Chris Godwin with 240.9, and Tom Brady with 218.1 who he is currently not playing as he is starting Baker Mayfield.

47 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

As outlined at the top of this page, I have both in one of my leagues.  I agree 100% with your analysis... it depends on league scoring.

I think CMC has to have the crown in PPR even though he was a 1st rounder, since it devalues QBs.  The league I own both in is a Standard (non-PPR) scoring league with 6-pt passing TDs.  
On my team with this scoring format, I think it’s gotta be Lamar.

Another thing that Lamar enabled me to do is cash in on my other QB (Aaron Rodgers) and get something else back... (I traded Rodgers & Ekeler for Mike Evans). Not many owners get the luxury of being able to move their 2nd QB for an upgrade to a WR1.

58 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I’m going with co-MVPs Godwin and Evans. 

Last I checked these two were both top 7ish receivers. That’s crazy.

The first place team in my league has Jackson/CMC/Godwin/Kittle.   Not sure why he’s in first 

Edited by crazyfingers711
  • Haha 1

I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned, but I think a case can easily still be made for the Patriots D/ST.

The competitive advantage provided by them is unreal. They will far and away be the highest scoring D/ST of all-time, and their owner likely got them with one of his/her last two picks.

Oh, and that 2nd place team I showed above where I have Lamar, CMC, Fournette, Godwin, Evans & Kittle?

The guy in 1st has the Patriots DST.