wendellrott

Fantasy MVP 2019

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

Woke

 

Lamar Jackson is this Years Fantasy Football's MVP

Until CMC puts up 200 scrimmage yards and 2 TDs, then its a debate again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My latest unscientific contribution - in one league I have Lamar and CMc is in the other semi. In the other league I am up against Lamar...and CMc is not in the playoffs. He got knocked out last week. By the guy who has Lamar.

By that measure...Lamar is the MVP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this moment lamar sits on 385.86 points in my 4pt passing format. 

CMC sits at 378.60 same league full PPR. CMC Can easily surpass Lamar this week. 

That being said lamar has never scored below double digits. CMC however has. He scored 7 in week two. So i guess you can say lamar is the mvp for that reason alone. 

In my book I’m the mvp for drafting both in my 12 team 🙃😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

At this moment lamar sits on 385.86 points in my 4pt passing format. 

CMC sits at 378.60 same league full PPR. CMC Can easily surpass Lamar this week. 

That being said lamar has never scored below double digits. CMC however has. He scored 7 in week two. So i guess you can say lamar is the mvp for that reason alone. 

In my book I’m the mvp for drafting both in my 12 team 🙃😂

Yeah CMC could be MVP in a 4pt passing TD, full PPR league.

On the contrary, in a 6pt passing TD, 0.5 PPR league Lamar is like 120 points ahead of him (with an extra game played).

Certainly depends on your league, but these are co-MVPs imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Lamar

2. Hendry

3. CMC

 

CMC is 3 cause he was drafted so high in every league

 

Lamar and Hendry get the nod ahead because of the value they provided for where most had drafted them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

 

That being said lamar has never scored below double digits. CMC however has. He scored 7 in week two. So i guess you can say lamar is the mvp for that reason alone. 

 

 

Lamar is a QB and CMC is a RB so that's not really fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my auction league (.5ppr, 6 put all TDs, $200 draft budget)

1. L. Jackson: 452.11, $7

2. D. Watson: 342.0, $17

3. C. McCaffrey: 335.6, $63

14. D. Cook: 260.1, $46

17. *NE DST:  249.0, $1

19. M. Thomas: 244.0, $46

20. D. Henry: 237.9, $23

26. C. Godwin: 218.5, $25

30. *SF DST: 211.0, $1

 

Jackson is +110.11 vs #2 overall/QB (having played 1 more game).  32.39 ppg vs 26.31 ppg for Watson.  +6.08 ppg

McCaffrey is +75.5 vs #2 RB.  25.82 ppg vs 20.01 ppg for Cook.  +5.81 ppg

Thomas is +25.5 vs #2 WR.  18.77 ppg vs 16.81 ppg for Godwin.  +1.96 ppg

*NE DST is +38 vs #2 DST.  19.15 ppg vs 16.23 ppg for NE DST.  +2.92 ppg

 

Jackson has scored (452.11/7) 64.59 points per dollar.  (32.39/7)

4.63 ppg/$

Watson (342.0/17) 20.12 points/$.  (26.31/17)

1.55 ppg/$

McCaffrey (335.6/63) 5.33 points/$.  (25.82/63)

0.41 ppg/$

Cook (260.1/46) 5.65 points/$.  (20.01/46)

0.44 ppg/$

Henry (237.9/23) 10.34 points/$.  (18.3/23)

0.80 ppg/$

Thomas (244/46) 5.30 points/$.  (18.77/46)

0.41 ppg/$

Godwin (218.5/25) 8.74 points/$. (16.81/25)

0.67 ppg/$

 

Summary:

Jackson and McCaffrey give you a similar ppg (about 6 ppg) advantage over the position #2, with Jackson +6.57 ppg over McCaffrey.  In my league, Jackson is a whopping +3.08 ppg/$ ahead of the #2 QB and +4.22 ppg/$ ahead of McCaffrey.

Comparing Henry to McCaffrey is even more interesting.  McCaffrey has a +7.5 ppg advantage over Henry, but Henry almost doubles McCaffrey's (and Cook's) "value score" with a +0.39 ppg/$ lead (.80 ppg/$ - .41 ppg/$).

*For the sake of this discussion, I'm leaving the DSTs out of it.  An argument can certainly be made for NE DST.

 

My ballot:

1. Lamar Jackson 

2. Christian McCaffrey 

3. Derek Henry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top 12 averages by position (.5 ppr):

QB: (3671.86/157) 23.39 ppg

RB: (2641.8/158) 16.72 ppg

+RB2: (4285.82/314) 13.65 ppg

WR: (2294.02/156) 14.71 ppg

+WR2: (4168.46/312) 13.36 ppg

TE: (1433.4/157) 9.13 ppg

DST: (2037/158) 12.89 ppg

 

QB, RB, TE, DST include Jackson, Ingram, Bell, Andrews, Ravens, Jets, who have played 1 more game than other players/teams

Edited by SadFaceHappy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Top 12 averages by position (.5 ppr):

QB: (3671.86/157) 23.39 ppg

RB: (2641.8/158) 16.72 ppg

+RB2: (4285.82/314) 13.65 ppg

WR: (2294.02/156) 14.71 ppg

+WR2: (4168.46/312) 13.36 ppg

TE: (1433.4/157) 9.13 ppg

DST: (2037/158) 12.89 ppg

 

+WR3: (5712.16/470) 12.15 ppg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lamar Jackson simply because he delivers the big points in the game where a QB normally should not when facing top defenses. He is immune to gamescript and defenses

Buff-NE-Hou-Sea-Jets-SF

 

Edited by dashoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Most Common Players In ESPN Fantasy Playoffs For Week 16

PLAYER
TEAM
POS
%LEAGUES
ADP
FPTS
RB
CAR
54.6
2.8
416.1
QB
BAL
47.4
124.4
385.9
RB
LAC
43.5
91.6
279.2
WR
NO
42.7
10.0
335.3
RB
GB
41.6
39.7
270.5
D/ST
PIT
41.5
Undrafted
167.0
D/ST
NE
41.0
141.7
217.0
WR
TEN
40.3
Undrafted
179.4
TE
OAK
39.9
Undrafted
196.6
RB
MIN
39.1
20.6
292.4
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

Most Common Players In ESPN Fantasy Playoffs For Week 16

PLAYER
TEAM
POS
%LEAGUES
ADP
FPTS
RB
CAR
54.6
2.8
416.1
QB
BAL
47.4
124.4
385.9
RB
LAC
43.5
91.6
279.2
WR
NO
42.7
10.0
335.3
RB
GB
41.6
39.7
270.5
D/ST
PIT
41.5
Undrafted
167.0
D/ST
NE
41.0
141.7
217.0
WR
TEN
40.3
Undrafted
179.4
TE
OAK
39.9
Undrafted
196.6
RB
MIN
39.1
20.6
292.4

That Steelers D was rock solid from week 3 on 💪🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Lamar  !    I do have to give a shout out to a guy I picked up in the very last round of my draft.  Jameis Winston..... If he puts up 35 plus points and goes for 450 yards in Championship week he was worth his weight in gold for me and anyone else that rode this runaway train and my vote for playoff MVP.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

Most Common Players In ESPN Fantasy Playoffs For Week 16

PLAYER
TEAM
POS
%LEAGUES
ADP
FPTS
RB
CAR
54.6
2.8
416.1
QB
BAL
47.4
124.4
385.9
RB
LAC
43.5
91.6
279.2
WR
NO
42.7
10.0
335.3
RB
GB
41.6
39.7
270.5
D/ST
PIT
41.5
Undrafted
167.0
D/ST
NE
41.0
141.7
217.0
WR
TEN
40.3
Undrafted
179.4
TE
OAK
39.9
Undrafted
196.6
RB
MIN
39.1
20.6
292.4

 

Only 1 QB-Lamar and 1 TE-Waller  on that list.

Shows how savvy some managers were rostering them early season.

Dalvin Cook killed alot of teams these last few weeks

Edited by dashoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

That Steelers D was rock solid from week 3 on 💪🏻

 

most interesting thing about the list is that CMC was the only real unattainable player if one didn't have a top 4 pick - i guess case could be made for MT13, as well, in the sense that him and CMC were the only sure fire first round picks of the bunch. 

everyone else was fair game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

most interesting thing about the list is that CMC was the only real unattainable player if one didn't have a top 4 pick - i guess case could be made for MT13, as well, in the sense that him and CMC were the only sure fire first round picks of the bunch. 

everyone else was fair game. 

 

CMC+MT are performing to expectations so how bad did you have to miss on the rest of your picks and waivers to not make it to the finals 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

Only 1 QB-Lamar and 1 TE-Waller  on that list.

Shows how savvy some managers were rostering them early season

 

... and shout out to the two defenses, as well - Pats prolly responsible for many teams opening the season at 8-0 or 7-1 ... they were the third highest scoring entity (trailing only CMC/Lamar) through the first half 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

CMC+MT are performing to expectations so how bad did you have to miss on the rest of your picks and waivers to not make it to the finals 😂

I missed on quite a few picks but CMC, Carson, and Kelce carried me. (Cooks, Lamar Miller, Mike Williams, Dede, Darwin in Rds 5-9 lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

I missed on quite a few picks but CMC, Carson, and Kelce carried me. (Cooks, Lamar Miller, Mike Williams, Dede, Darwin in Rds 5-9 lol)

I had one of the best teams I’ve ever drafted in a 12 team. Cook, MT13, Gurley, Watson, Ingram, A Rob. Manny sanders and golden Tate late. Picked up Dev Parker. Outscored the 2nd place team by 191 points anddidnt make the finals. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I had one of the best teams I’ve ever drafted in a 12 team. Cook, MT13, Gurley, Watson, Ingram, A Rob. Manny sanders and golden Tate late. Picked up Dev Parker. Outscored the 2nd place team by 191 points anddidnt make the finals. 

Damn that hurts. I was able to put together a solid team through pickups ( Singletary, Tyrell carried WR early) and got Wilson in the 11th. It's frustrating when you beast all year and lose in the playoffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Damn that hurts. I was able to put together a solid team through pickups ( Singletary, Tyrell carried WR early) and got Wilson in the 11th. It's frustrating when you beast all year and lose in the playoffs

Really sucks really sucks when I’ve had the best record same league back to back years and got bounced early. Last season I had 8th pick, got Kamara cmac thielen and juju first 4 picks lol. Such is life. Best of luck to you this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Really sucks really sucks when I’ve had the best record same league back to back years and got bounced early. Last season I had 8th pick, got Kamara cmac thielen and juju first 4 picks lol. Such is life. Best of luck to you this week. 

Thanks I'm favored but we'll see lol I've lost back to back finals in this league 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Really sucks really sucks when I’ve had the best record same league back to back years and got bounced early. Last season I had 8th pick, got Kamara cmac thielen and juju first 4 picks lol. Such is life. Best of luck to you this week. 

 

2 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

Thanks I'm favored but we'll see lol I've lost back to back finals in this league 

You guys should look into two-week playoff matchups. We went to it years back and it is great. Seems to reward the best teams and somewhat negates those one-week wonders, upsets. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd probably vote Lamar just because of his performance against where he was mostly drafted.  i mean, he was $1 in my auction league and went in the 9th round in my other redraft league.  That's a lot of value.

CMC a close second but you had to pay hefty to get him and everybody was mostly expecting that kind of production.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...