4. Patriots D 

5. Travis Kelce 

2 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

1- Lamar

2- Pats DST

3- Ekler

4- Godwin

5- CMC

😀 In my final I have Lamar, Kelce, Godwin and the Pats, he has CMc and Ekeler. Hard to argue with these lists from that perspective.

• Thanks 1

I would argue Pitt D better than Pats D YTD as the pats were clutch in first half and Pitt in second...and they got jets champ week where as Pats got Bills. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grayson2401 said:

You guys should look into two-week playoff matchups. We went to it years back and it is great. Seems to reward the best teams and somewhat negates those one-week wonders, upsets. 

One of my leagues used to do that and not a fan. either the regular season is cut short (week 13 playoff start) or you're playing week 17 which is awful. Upsets are part of sports which fantasy is an extension of. Look at the Giants beating the 18-0 Patriots. 

• Like 1

Just now, vthokie3 said:

One of my leagues used to do that and not a fan. either the regular season is cut short (week 13 playoff start) or you're playing week 17 which is awful. Upsets are part of sports which fantasy is an extension of. Look at the Giants beating the 18-0 Patriots. 

::cosign::

i prefer "fortune favors the bold" over "cream rises to the top" ... all of the 'chips i've won have been upsets, and i've used the ww or bench fodder to topple higher rated seeds who play a more robotic "set and forget" "always start your studs" variant of this gig - i view magick foosball as gambling, and no one ever won coin slamming the chalk - go big or gtfo ... SUDDEN DEATH PLAYOFFS, wouldn't have it any uddah way. 

• Like 2

Just now, vthokie3 said:

We start Week 13 and finish Week 16. 13 weeks is plenty of time to determine playoff seeding IMO. Does one game really make much of a difference?

And I completely agree on the upsets and should have worded my comment differently. We still have upsets and sometimes a team gets hot late and is very deserving of the championship. But the two week matchups allow an owner to survive one bad week; one week that might be a complete outlier to their entire season. 

Fantasy is frustrating and difficult enough-- minimizing the good-luck/bad-luck aspect of it has made it more enjoyable for us. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

::cosign::

i prefer "fortune favors the bold" over "cream rises to the top" ... all of the 'chips i've won have been upsets, and i've used the ww or bench fodder to topple higher rated seeds who play a more robotic "set and forget" "always start your studs" variant of this gig - i view magick foosball as gambling, and no one ever won coin slamming the chalk - go big or gtfo ... SUDDEN DEATH PLAYOFFS, wouldn't have it any uddah way. 

Two week matchups does not completely take away luck or upsets nor does it make the strategy easier or more robotic.

We have still seen many 3rd or 4th seeded teams win the championship; maybe just a fraction less than one-week matchup leagues. 

2 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

Two week matchups does not completely take away luck or upsets nor does it make the strategy easier or more robotic.

We have still seen many 3rd or 4th seeded teams win the championship; maybe just a fraction less than one-week matchup leagues. 

file under:

"to each their own" ✌

but nothing, and i mean NOTHING compares to picking folks off one by one, and the sheer finality of it all - there's an exhilaration that cannot be matched by "welp, i'll get 'em back next week".

could you imagine if Valvano/N.C. State had to play Howstin in a best of three?  or if they used a cumulative two game tally?

anyways ... GL TO ALL, no matter how it's being meted out 🤠

Just now, The Gridiron Assassin said:

I'm in the title game for the second year in a row. Round 5 Austin Ekeler 

ditto, rd 7 MGIII for me - Ek was sniped in the fifth right before my pick ... i "settled" for Ingram. 

gl!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

file under:

"to each their own" ✌

but nothing, and i mean NOTHING compares to picking folks off one by one, and the sheer finality of it all - there's an exhilaration that cannot be matched by "welp, i'll get 'em back next week".

could you imagine if Valvano/N.C. State had to play Howstin in a best of three?  or if they used a cumulative two game tally?

anyways ... GL TO ALL, no matter how it's being meted out 🤠

So where do you draw the line? By the same logic, do you also think including more teams in the playoffs is a good idea (6-8 teams in a 12 team league; no byes)? 

1 minute ago, Grayson2401 said:

So where do you draw the line? By the same logic, do you also think including more teams in the playoffs is a good idea (6-8 teams in a 12 team league; no byes)? 

all my leegs:

12 team ppr, 6 playoff teams ... top two get first rd bye. 

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

all my leegs:

12 team ppr, 6 playoff teams ... top two get first rd bye. 

Get crazy and get rid of the byes and go 6th vs 1st. 

Just think if Virginia had a bye in March Madness and we never got to see UMBC be the first 16 seed to knock off a 1 seed :)

• Haha 1

Just now, Grayson2401 said:

Get crazy and get rid of the byes and go 6th vs 1st. 

Just think if Virginia had a bye in March Madness and we never got to see UMBC be the first 16 seed to knock off a 1 seed :)

why you little blaspheming MUTHA!!!!

🤠

• Like 1