Sign in to follow this  
Lifschitz

Dorian Finney-Smith 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

I'm going to give him a couple of more games. He is a low end producer only had 1 game of more than 1 steal. Maybe as his role increases these numbers go up too, but I do want to see it first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Rick likes him so his role is set.   Will be hit or miss on the corner 3s.  Powell can't rebound so you'll see plenty of games with 7+ boards a game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I so want him all to be the Mavericks version of Covington or Tucker or name the 3-and-D guy but his line simply is not fantasy friendly at the moment.


his line over the two weeks  is definitely FF, his rank reflects that. 

It’s a WW add close to December, that’s a balanced roto friendly line that has use in h2h as well, he’s bench depth, not every pickup is going to be explosive upside, especially at this point in the year.

Mo Harkless and Tucker both have relevant stints whether now or in the past. If I made a thread saying pick up Tucker he’s returning top 100 value because of his steals and threes someone can argue look at his FG and low points. Not every pickup is about hitting everything out of the park. He’s serviceable where he needs to be, and taking a flier is simply to see if he can continue this current pace.

Heck, this year’s version of Tucker and Tristan is not something people thought is sustainable given their age and history, and yet it’s been over a month now and they continue to be highly productive.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You sold me on him

Especially since he's one of the few players on my wire that plays Tuesday

Dropping Labissiere for him

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

So I wanted to keep this hush-hush until the 3 am swap, but he's been quietly going under the radar and pushing into 12 team territory. 

Over the last 7 days he's got a 61 rank. 

Over his last 5 games: 

11.8 / 5.8 / 1.6 / .6 (will come up much closer to 1) / .6 and 1.6 3's on 52% FG, 77% FT

What's deceiving here is that two of these games were blowouts, in the 3 games that weren't blowouts he got an average of almost 33 minutes.. that is really eye popping. The two games that were blowouts they beat their opponents by a combined 90 points. In those two games he received 18:34 and 22:57 respectively. You can imagine how inflated these numbers would look if he had an additional 10-12 minutes in these games.

From everything I'm reading, they're saying the following:

-> He's grown on Carlisle as the team's best defender, they're putting him on the toughest assignment every game

-> He's developing amazing chemistry with Luka. Luka tells him to shoot all the time and always looks for him (Dorian's threes have been trending up coinciding with these reports)

-> KP, Luka, and Dorian are becoming the Mavs most used trio of the season

-> They're on a 5 game winning streak and he's been a big part of it

I really covet 1/1/1 guys on my roster, and they get extremely harder to find as the year goes on. Particularly, I like 1/1/1 talent that does other things (in his case rebounding).

Maybe this is just a hot streak, or maybe he sticks on the roster the rest of the year receiving 32-33 minutes and being a productive end of the bench player for your team. I'm taking a flier and seeing where this goes.  

Quality post Lif****z! this is what i like to see on these forums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

So I wanted to keep this hush-hush until the 3 am swap, but he's been quietly going under the radar and pushing into 12 team territory. 

Over the last 7 days he's got a 61 rank. 

Over his last 5 games: 

11.8 / 5.8 / 1.6 / .6 (will come up much closer to 1) / .6 and 1.6 3's on 52% FG, 77% FT

What's deceiving here is that two of these games were blowouts, in the 3 games that weren't blowouts he got an average of almost 33 minutes.. that is really eye popping. The two games that were blowouts they beat their opponents by a combined 90 points. In those two games he received 18:34 and 22:57 respectively. You can imagine how inflated these numbers would look if he had an additional 10-12 minutes in these games.

From everything I'm reading, they're saying the following:

-> He's grown on Carlisle as the team's best defender, they're putting him on the toughest assignment every game

-> He's developing amazing chemistry with Luka. Luka tells him to shoot all the time and always looks for him (Dorian's threes have been trending up coinciding with these reports)

-> KP, Luka, and Dorian are becoming the Mavs most used trio of the season

-> They're on a 5 game winning streak and he's been a big part of it

I really covet 1/1/1 guys on my roster, and they get extremely harder to find as the year goes on. Particularly, I like 1/1/1 talent that does other things (in his case rebounding).

Maybe this is just a hot streak, or maybe he sticks on the roster the rest of the year receiving 32-33 minutes and being a productive end of the bench player for your team. I'm taking a flier and seeing where this goes.  


Very detailed! Awesome assessment on him man. LIke another poster mentioned above he has a great schedule were he doesn't play on the heavy days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:


Very detailed! Awesome assessment on him man. LIke another poster mentioned above he has a great schedule were he doesn't play on the heavy days. 


except the part where he spelled my name wrong 😂

Yeah I think ultimately it’s not like a run don’t walk pickup, it’s just a trending up pick up that could sustain value all year or he could disappear completely, but currently with his minutes starting to hit in the 30s and the low end 1 1 1 appeal and high rebounding numbers, he’s making a lot of sense.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made the same minutes point in the thread about streaming. Scooped him in my 14 teamer a few days ago because of it. 

The guys who are actually good players in real life and get the minute spikes are always worth a look. Dallas is pretty bloated with players but DFS is at least good enough to try at the end of your bench. 

Edited by MathieuVirtuoso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything to see here? He's 8% owned, but he's putting up serviceable numbers recently in the past month. Might work among competitive 14-team or 16-team leagues, but might work in competitive 12-team leagues if the WW is super bare.

 

In the past month, he's been providing top-100 value for the past month:

10 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 1.9 apg, 0.7 spg, 0.9 bpg and 2.1 3's on 49.5% FG and 72.2% FT

and top-80 value for the past two weeks:

10.9 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 1.6 apg, 0.6 spg, 0.7 bpg and 2.3 3's on 50% FG and 67.7% FT

 

He's also playing 32 minutes a game, so you won't have any headaches of players not getting minutes (*ahem* Wood *ahem*). I think he can serve as an end of bench guy, as a boost to 3's, rebounds, with a trickle of stock without hurting anywhere, especially TO's.

 

What do you guys think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he has been more than serviceable for a month now and is sneaky good. Four games next week...giddyup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just posting this message to bring Dorian closer to a total of 2 forum pages. His consistent play and minutes show that he is most deserving of this accolade!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Hmm. Tapping my toes in the water. Idk.

 

I guess you are top 1 in standing based on your team in signature

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ahtech said:

 

I guess you are top 1 in standing based on your team in signature

 

Rank 2.

 

spacer.png

 

I'm thinking...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone streamed Finney Smith before. Given the 1 game on tap tonight I wanted to add a DAL player. 

I see that he definitely gets the minutes, rebounds well and can get some good defensive stats without hurting your %'s. Is that basically a recap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, FantasyMamba said:

Has anyone streamed Finney Smith before. Given the 1 game on tap tonight I wanted to add a DAL player. 

I see that he definitely gets the minutes, rebounds well and can get some good defensive stats without hurting your %'s. Is that basically a recap?

Stream Kleber if he is available. DFS is inconsistent  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Stream Kleber if he is available. DFS is inconsistent  

 

Yeah unfortunately Kleber is not. In terms of DAL players on waivers it is basically S. Curry or D. Finney Smith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FantasyMamba said:

Has anyone streamed Finney Smith before. Given the 1 game on tap tonight I wanted to add a DAL player. 

I see that he definitely gets the minutes, rebounds well and can get some good defensive stats without hurting your %'s. Is that basically a recap?

He is LITERALLY called DFS. This guy was born to be a daily fantasy streamer.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FantasyMamba said:

Has anyone streamed Finney Smith before. Given the 1 game on tap tonight I wanted to add a DAL player. 

I see that he definitely gets the minutes, rebounds well and can get some good defensive stats without hurting your %'s. Is that basically a recap?

I have him in one of my deep leagues and streamed him in a 14-teamer for light match days this week. Yes, he's incosistent, but he's a reliable top 150 asset with those minutes. If you stream him for only 1 game, there's no guarantee you get what you want, but if you stream him for let's say 3 games, he will most probably give you a top 120-150ish production. 

Of course, you have not many options for today, so I would pick him up over Seth Curry, who's more incosistent than DFS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.