Sign in to follow this  
sjm76

Who gets your vote for waiver pickup of the year?

My vote has to go to D.J. Chark of the Jaguars.

Odds are that he was only drafted in the deepest of leagues yet he has emerged as a top 10 wr option.

Who gets your vote?

• Like 3

Too early. Guys like Scarborough or Williams still have a chance to win leagues. Chark wins the regular season though.

DJ Chark is a good one.  He's the #5 PPR WR right now.  He'll be likely a mid to late second round pick next year depending on league size.

I think hands down the winner of this will be the Patriots Defense.  A true week to week difference maker.

Depends on size of your league.  I would think a decent amount of people got Lamar either off waivers or as a free agent before week 1.  Besides him I would have to agree with others Chark.  

• Haha 2

Weakest waiver wire in my entire career of playing fantasy football.

Fewest major injuries I can ever remember too. Of course there is a direct connection there. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bpriess said:

Chark but 49ers D/ST as a close second

Yeah, I doubt the 49ers D/ST was drafted in most leagues.  They're definitely up there.

I would put Lamar Jackson even with Chark in leagues that he wasn't drafted in.

I think that Darren Waller is another one who likely went undrafted in most leagues and had some big weeks earlier in the season.

Edited by sjm76
  • Like 1

DeVante Parker has quietly been a top-25 WR in PPR with double-digit points for each of the past 8 weeks. Not flashy, but he's been consistent.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, jccouger said:

Weakest waiver wire in my entire career of playing fantasy football.

Fewest major injuries I can ever remember too. Of course there is a direct connection there. 

Agreed.  The one year I go Zero-RB...

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

DJ Chark and it's not particularly close. He's a top 5 WR.

Yea Chark has blown all other waiver guys away. A better discussion would be how to round out the top 5. It has been a very weak year for waivers

Scary Terry looked like a gem until Haskins took over.

So did chase Edmunds until he got banged up and drake was acquired

Latavius was probably dropped in a bunch of leagues and was a great pickup for a couple of weeks 

Jamal williams has been a consistently good plug and play rb 

Ronald jones has had his moments 

devante parker has been a solid play 

The TE carousel has had quite a few guys who had their hot stretches in griffin, Everett, fells and fant 

Lamar Jackson in shallow leagues lol. Grabbed him twice right after the draft.

I'd say Chark, Pats D if they were dropped, Latavious for 2 games, 9ers D, John Brown in shallow leagues.

Might be saying this about these guys rest of season:

Deebo, Goedert, Ronald Jones, Miles Sanders (shallow leagues), Jonathan Williams, Any one of the premium handcuffs

FA pick ups?  I am going with Non drafted targets, Miles Sanders does not count

DJ Chark is obvious #1

TE - Goedert, Fant, 

RB - Hyde, McCoy, and Perhaps J White

QB - Tannerhill has been the best as of late, MInshew had the title till he came out.

WR- Other than Chark,  AJ Brown and Slayton.

DEF - Pittsburgh and the 49rs.

K - J Slye  ( He is falling now , but helped win leagues all year before recently).

Edited by Sivaro

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

DJ Chark, J Brown, Waller

Forgot Waller, He has been a starter all year.   

Chark has had an amazing season no doubt, but if you look at it as a whole, I’m wondering... how much did he really help his owners to this point?

Season Breakdown (Half PPR):

6 Good Weeks (15+ pts):1-3, 5, 8 & 11

6 Bad Weeks (less than 9 pts): Every Other Week

He wasn’t owned Week 1, probably not started Week 2, and maybe started by 50% of owners Week 3.  Remember, Foles got hurt and people thought Minshew sucked at first.

He was likely started most weeks after his huge start, but then he has only had 3 good weeks since then.

Not trying to take anything away from him, the kid is a stud... BUT what made me look into this was the fact that his owners in both of my leagues are missing the playoffs.

Chark has been the highest performer to come off the waiver wire no doubt, but I don’t think he’s the clear pickup of the year.  

The guy who has helped teams the most off the wire is probably a niche position like Hunter Henry (11+ half PPR points in 5 of 6 games since the injury), WallerJosh Allen, SF D/ST, etc.

If you take out Chark’s first 2 and maybe even 3 weeks when he wasn’t started by many owners, he’s been a boom/bust WR with 3 big weeks.  That’s at a position most owners have depth at.

Give me a top 5 TE or QB, or a top 3 DST over a guy like Chark off the wire any day.  RBs are of course the best of the best, but it’s been a weird year in that there hasn’t really been one emerge off waivers.

That’s why I don’t blow a lot of my FAAB on WRs.

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Pats D so far imo

then Chark

good crop of waiver receivers this season. Chark, terry, Hollywood, and Ross until his injury.

24 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Chark has had an amazing season no doubt, but if you look at it as a whole, I’m wondering... how much did he really help his owners to this point?

Season Breakdown (Half PPR):

6 Good Weeks (15+ pts):1-3, 5, 8 & 11

6 Bad Weeks (less than 9 pts): Every Other Week

He wasn’t owned Week 1, probably not started Week 2, and maybe started by 50% of owners Week 3.  Remember, Foles got hurt and people thought Minshew sucked at first.

He was likely started most weeks after his huge start, but then he has only had 3 good weeks since then.

Not trying to take anything away from him, the kid is a stud... BUT what made me look into this was the fact that his owners in both of my leagues are missing the playoffs.

Chark has been the highest performer to come off the waiver wire no doubt, but I don’t think he’s the clear pickup of the year.  

The guy who has helped teams the most off the wire is probably a niche position like Hunter Henry (11+ half PPR points in 5 of 6 games since the injury), WallerJosh Allen, SF D/ST, etc.

If you take out Chark’s first 2 and maybe even 3 weeks when he wasn’t started by many owners, he’s been a boom/bust WR with 3 big weeks.  That’s at a position most owners have depth at.

Give me a top 5 TE or QB, or a top 3 DST over a guy like Chark off the wire any day.  RBs are of course the best of the best, but it’s been a weird year in that there hasn’t really been one emerge off waivers.

That’s why I don’t blow a lot of my FAAB on WRs.

There is another way to look at it.  you have to start 2-3 wr's every week but only 1 QB, dst and 1 TE which is why people will stream QB's,dst and Te/s every week.

waiver wr's were not deep this year given how many stud wr's busted, were injured or failed outright in the early rounds

So picking up chark in week  1 or 2 was salvation for teams who struggled all season with OBJ,AB,juju,diggs,cooks,tyreek,watkins,allen,thielen,etc

Chark gave you production season long not pickups made at the end or middle or playoff time

if those teams u cite in your leagues are not in the playoffs it's not because of chark it's because they have 8 other slots that are underperforming 😂

The best waiver pickup for me is the player that was free who gave me top 12 production for an entire season from start to finish

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1