kmoore1521

2019 Fantasy Football Platform Discussion

11 minutes ago, Bluecore said:

Out of context contribution: I continue to hate everything about the Yahoo draft lobby; aesthetics, rankings, usability is all terrible. However, I love everything else about the app way better for actually managing the league and as a user during the regular season. Just don’t know how their draft experience is still so bad after all these years 

What is so bad about it? Did a draft from my phone yesterday and it went swimmingly

8 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

What is so bad about it? Did a draft from my phone yesterday and it went swimmingly

I’ll clarify: the app itself is ok for drafting. The desktop experience is what I hate. There’s a big a** obnoxious DirecTV add that doesn’t go away. The UI for looking at other people’s teams is terrible as well, which is probably what I hate about it the most. You shouldn’t have to click individual tabs to see different sets of pertinent information on a full browser in my opinion. Also, like I said their inter site rankings are an absolute joke. I go by my own of course, but it would be nice if their internal ones were somewhere in the ballpark of normal. 

That said, I was able to execute a draft successfully while underway in Asia on deployment last season, so it can only be so bad I guess

Edited by Bluecore

1 minute ago, Bluecore said:

I’ll clarify: the app itself is ok for drafting. The desktop experience is what I hate. There’s a big a** obnoxious DirecTV add that doesn’t go away. The UI for looking at other people’s teams is terrible as well, which is probably what I hate about it the most. You shouldn’t have to click individual tabs to see different sets of pertinent information on a full browser in my opinion. Also, like I said their inter site rankings are an absolute joke. I go by my own of course, but it would be nice if their internal ones were somewhere in the ballpark of normal. 

That said, I was able to execute a draft successfully while underway in Asia on deployment last season, so it can only be so bad I guess

Oh ok. Cant remember the last time I drafted from a conputer. But everything you are describing is just a preference thing.

Is anyone having trouble drafting online snake with ESPN? I have a draft starting at 6:30. It is set for snake (keeper) yet every round seems to start with team 1. Don't know what I am doing wrong.

9 minutes ago, kwelch said:

Is anyone having trouble drafting online snake with ESPN? I have a draft starting at 6:30. It is set for snake (keeper) yet every round seems to start with team 1. Don't know what I am doing wrong.

I remember from years past

once the keeper rounds are over then it will snake . Good luck 

• Thanks 1

I have a draft tomorrow on ESPN. 

The thing is me and my nephew run the team together. He is signed in as the second owner but I’m curious how this will work for the draft. He will be on vacation for the weekend and we are drafting from different states. Will he be able to sign in and see everything I would see while drafting? 

I’m not sure how it works having 2 different people signed in for the same team. I’m hoping he can log into the draft.

Edited by Under500Forever

22 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

The thing is me and my nephew run the team together. He is signed in as the second owner but I’m curious how this will work for the draft. He will be on vacation for the weekend and we are drafting from different states. Will he be able to sign in and see everything I would see while drafting? 

I’m not sure how it works having 2 different people signed in for the same team. I’m hoping he can log into the draft.

I believe that won’t be possible.  

On 8/30/2019 at 8:40 PM, Under500Forever said:

Did it work?  For the last 3 years me and my boss shared a team in our company league. I just went to his house and drafted on my name but curious if I could do it and him be on as well

12 hours ago, Welcome To My House said:

Did it work?  For the last 3 years me and my boss shared a team in our company league. I just went to his house and drafted on my name but curious if I could do it and him be on as well

It did work. He was able to see and do everything I could. He was in the draft lobby and able to draft players.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

It did work. He was able to see and do everything I could. He was in the draft lobby and able to draft players.

So both owners could be logged in in the draft room at the same time ? 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

So both owners could be logged in in the draft room at the same time ? 

Yes sir! I obviously had him signed in as second owner but yea, he could do everything I could do. He didn’t actually hit the “draft” button because I made the picks but he said he thought he could. He was putting players in Queue and could view the lobby just fine. I honestly didn’t think it would work but it did. 

For the record this was on ESPN

On ESPN the edit button for the waiver wire disappears. Had the draft last night and it is not right. Last pick should be 1. 

Anybody else have any issues? 

20 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

On ESPN the edit button for the waiver wire disappears. Had the draft last night and it is not right. Last pick should be 1. 

Had to log into the desktop to change ... IPad wouldn't let me drop n drag

7 hours ago, shakestreet said:

My co-LM in one league couldn't adjust the waiver order either in the manner you're talking about (on his laptop), but I was able to without issue on my home computer with browser. Go figure. 

Got talked into an ESPN league with some guys I'm in a softball league with and they asked me to run it since they knew I ran my other one (plus I think they just didn't want to bother). I will say the draft room beats Yahoo's easily, Yahoo's sucks a$$, ESPN's is way better, even though their FAQ section and so-called support sucks as well (get what you pay for). Next time I would suggest drafting in ESPN and using Yahoo in season.

The ESPN website seems to have a lot more functionality than the app. From draft recap to private messages, why is the app missing so many features?

I drafted a team in four leagues. The only A’s I’ve seen have been from teams who were laughably bad. 

I mean it, one of the guys has Royce Freeman as his RB2 and Kalen Ballage as his RB3. No RB4. 

That is an A to yahoo?

Edited by viciousphilpy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pretty sure Yahoo grades are based on projected points, which are based on optimal projected lineup for each week. So teams who don't draft a back up QB, DEF, K, and TE seem to get heavily docked (Not sure if Yahoo just assumes the waiver isn't a thing or what?). They don't really account for RB/WR depth at all from what I can tell.

And also since Yahoo's projections suck, anything based on those projections also sucks. In any case, you can't take the grades seriously - they're only good for trolling your league mates.

what i noticed was managers that drafted players at their ADP, managers that drafted backups at each position, and managers that filled each position early got higher ranks.  i usually wait on qbs, te and def really late and don't draft kickers and i always get c's or d's

I’m glad someone else posted this and I’m not crazy. I’ve been running leagues on Yahoo forever and they’re usually pretty good with their “report cards”. This year has been laughably bad though. They need to fire someone. 

• Thanks 1

If you simply do autopick based on yahoo's rankings you will get an A because that would fit their calculations better.