tonycpsu

2019 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

This thread is for "cool stories" about your leagues and teams.  When you feel the need to brag about your individual team, your awesome value picks, taking advantage of your league mates in lopsided trades, or whatever else strikes your fancy, this is the thread for you.

Cool Stories posted in other threads will be removed or moved here at the discretion of the RW forums staff.

I’ll start it off...

Finally got my league to switch to Superflex for this year. That means this year is a win no matter what!

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I drafted Derrick Henry round 1 pick 12 in the rotoworld mock draft league and I plan on winning the whole thing.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d3f46626e71624b67

Edited by gufomel
  • Like 1

I joined a new local league this season and finally was able to go to my first live draft.  However, they were having it at one of the other manager's house which was in a pretty seedy part of town.    As soon as I walked in, I knew that I'd made a mistake.  It smelled heavily of pot but more concerning was that a couple of the dudes were doing lines of coke on the living room table.  I'd already paid my money so I just wanted to get the draft done and get out of there.   I had the 10th pick.  What sucks is that it wasn't even a real live draft.  They're just having a get together and using Yahoo to draft on.  Right when the draft is about to start, I hear a loud "BOOM" and the front door falls in.   About ten SWAT guys storm in with guns raised.   We all have to get down on the floor.   I thought we were all going to jail.  But then, one of the cops starts talking to the guy who owns the house (and is the commissioner of the league).  They start going on and on about fantasy football and eventually the cops all just leave.   Well, when we get back to the draft, it's already at pick #9 and everyone has been auto-drafted.   So Hopkins falls to me at the 10th spot.  Of course, everyone is bitching about it.  Especially the guy than ended up with Gordon at the 6 spot.   But then I remind them that rules are rules and I'll quit if they're gonna do a redraft.   So I ended up with a pretty good team.  I also found about $1000 in the bathroom which I took.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I joined a new local league this season and finally was able to go to my first live draft.  However, they were having it at one of the other manager's house which was in a pretty seedy part of town.    As soon as I walked in, I knew that I'd made a mistake.  It smelled heavily of pot but more concerning was that a couple of the dudes were doing lines of coke on the living room table.  I'd already paid my money so I just wanted to get the draft done and get out of there.   I had the 10th pick.  What sucks is that it wasn't even a real live draft.  They're just having a get together and using Yahoo to draft on.  Right when the draft is about to start, I hear a loud "BOOM" and the front door falls in.   About ten SWAT guys storm in with guns raised.   We all have to get down on the floor.   I thought we were all going to jail.  But then, one of the cops starts talking to the guy who owns the house (and is the commissioner of the league).  They start going on and on about fantasy football and eventually the cops all just leave.   Well, when we get back to the draft, it's already at pick #9 and everyone has been auto-drafted.   So Hopkins falls to me at the 10th spot.  Of course, everyone is bitching about it.  Especially the guy than ended up with Gordon at the 6 spot.   But then I remind them that rules are rules and I'll quit if they're gonna do a redraft.   So I ended up with a pretty good team.  I also found about $1000 in the bathroom which I took.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d3f516c6d54735a73

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I drafted Derrick Henry round 1 pick 12 in the rotoworld mock draft league and I plan on winning the whole thing.

Sorry, I think you meant to post this here: 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, K197040 said:

#truestory

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

#truestory

Best part of the story was how he kept his alibi as a law abiding citizen til he swiped a grand from the bathroom 

edit: as I read the story there are more holes:

1.  At first u were too financially invested to throw all common sense out the door and go through with the draft in a drug war zone to save what, $50?  Yet you threaten to quit the league after a raid and possible redraft?  

2. A raid takes ALOT long than one round of a fantasy snake draft, your guys night would be wrecked if the 5.0 actually tore that door down, Hopkins at 10 would be the last thing on anyone's mind

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, K197040 said:

Incredible story. I loved it all. 

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="5034427" data-share-method="host" data-width="100%" data-aspect-ratio="2.4174757281553396"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/bravo-bradpitt-gif-5034427">Bravo GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/bravo-gifs">Bravo GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

Edit : fudge it. It's too hard for me to do gifs on my phone. It was a Bravo gif, but I'm pathetic at this. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Edit : fudge it. It's too hard for me to do gifs on my phone. It was a Bravo gif, but I'm pathetic at this. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I guess this goes here-  my auction draft has trash talking that leads to what we call "dress bets".    You trash talk a draft pick during the draft, the other guy trashes yours.   You then bet on who has the better season.   Loser wears a dress during the draft next year.   Sometimes its a different wager but that's usually the stakes. 

Last year, a guy had to wear a dress because he bet on Zay Jones in 2017.   After he put the dress on, here's the conversation.  

"Where did you get this thing?"

"Oh i took it from my mom's closet"

"She won't notice its gone?"

"She's dead"

Dude's mom just died a couple months prior.    There's an awkward mix in the air after that of "wow that's messed up" with "holy s--- that guy got owned"

13 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Best part of the story was how he kept his alibi as a law abiding citizen til he swiped a grand from the bathroom 

edit: as I read the story there are more holes:

1.  At first u were too financially invested to throw all common sense out the door and go through with the draft in a drug war zone to save what, $50?  Yet you threaten to quit the league after a raid and possible redraft?  

2. A raid takes ALOT long than one round of a fantasy snake draft, your guys night would be wrecked if the 5.0 actually tore that door down, Hopkins at 10 would be the last thing on anyone's mind

I wouldn't even mock draft for $50.   Trust me...this is real money at stake.

As to pulling out, I wasn't really going to do it.  At that point, I knew I was in the driver's seat and that they would cave.  The draft had already started.  It's not like they were going to be able to replace me. 

As to how long a raid takes, I don't know what's normal but in this particular case, they were done by around 8 x 2.5 minutes.

On 7/29/2019 at 2:43 PM, K197040 said:

I don’t think a police raid would be over in what? 10 min? 

Smells fishy

and plus, with all the drugs supposedly there people would have been arrested. You need to tone down the fins if people are going to believe it

Edited by bhawks489

I drafted Aug 24th. 

I correctly hit on:

- Austin Ekeler

- Duke Johnson 

- Tevin Singleterry

also happy about the outlook of Dede. And I’ve come around to the fact I drafted both Kittle and Ertz at 30 and 43, respectively. 

5 hours ago, Tenner said:

I drafted Aug 24th. 

I correctly hit on:

- Tevin Singleterry

Do you mean Tevin Coleman or Devin Singletary?

If I start drinking now hopefully I can pass out and or forget about the bears packers game before it starts.

I'm only playing in two leagues this year so I think its a good idea to start David Montgomery in one league and bench him in the other.

Too many other options at RB i want to start but whatever.

AB went bananas on me, but my opponent had Rodgers tonight who only put up 12 pts, so, I guess it could be a worse 1st game of the season, lol

16 hours ago, pdog109 said:

If I start drinking now hopefully I can pass out and or forget about the bears packers game before it starts.

Hopefully this came true and you spared yourself the distress.    

I actually enjoyed it.   I was in the right mood to watch awful football, and i didnt have much at stake last night so it was relaxing.   

On 7/29/2019 at 3:15 PM, gufomel said:

I’ll start it off...

Finally got my league to switch to Superflex for this year. That means this year is a win no matter what!

What is superflex?

18 minutes ago, poofinger said:

What is superflex?

Starting rosters have an additional flex position where you can start any offensive player (including QB). So you can start up to 2 QBs (in the standard QB spot and the superflex spot).

No more waiting til the 14th round to get your QB, because practically every NFL starting QB will be rostered.

Edited by gufomel

4 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Starting rosters have an additional flex position where you can start any offensive player (including QB). So you can start up to 2 QBs (in the standard QB spot and the superflex spot). 

🤔. So it’s a flex position but you have the option to start a QB?  Wouldn’t everyone start a WB.  Essentially turning the league into a 2 QB league.